Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game][critical] atk expl ward crashes game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

11-16-2012

ACKNOWLEDGED!

Quote:
Riot jayway:
The mastery ward (explorer ward) currently crashes the game. This has been noted, thanks!

Title : Attacking the explorer ward crashes the game
Priority : Critical (crashes the client of all 10 players)
Label : Crash, Ward, Utility, Explorer
Description : Whenever you attack the new Explorer ward (from T4 utility), the game simply crashes into a bugsplat for all 10 players..

Repro steps :
1. Get at least to summoner level 13
2. Put 11 points into the utility tree, 1 into biscuiteer and 1 into explorer.
3. Get into a game using the said masteries
4. Plant ward nearby an enemy
5. The enemy attacks the ward
6. Lolpocalypse 2.0

Repro rate : 2/2 (I had nami in both cases, 1 against panth, 1 against ali)

R3D valuable info :
Quote:
000431.501| 1050604.0032kb| 21284.0000kb added| ERROR| Unable to initialize character animation for GhostWard (skin 0)!
000431.507| 1050604.0032kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Assertion failed!

File: C:\jenkins\workspace\Code-CI-MAIN-Public\code\HeroWars_clientServer\SourcesClient\ObjectsCode\AI_Objects\obj_AI_Base_Client.cpp
Line: 4164

Function: obj_AI_Base::UpdateIdleCycleAnimation

Expression: mPImpl->GetIdleAnimationHandle().IsValid() == (m_IdleCycleStartTime != -1.0f)

Description: Assert occurred, game may crash.
000434.111| 1052132.0968kb| 1528.0000kb added| ERROR| Crash Occurred
000434.111| 1052144.0000kb| 12.0000kb added| ALWAYS| Dumping Memory Logging

I can link in the whole R3d if needed, but all the pertinent info is there afaik... (btw, to whoever created that logging system, props since it's really well done and easily understandable, but you should pad the memory delta 1 more char since sometimes the minus sign screw you wonderful alignment)

Political Squid

11-16-2012

Yeah, this just happened to me. This especially sucks since we've got a 8 minute queue to get back in. Oh well, bump for visibility.

Modern Snow

11-16-2012

Yep same thing happened to me, now for the wait to get back in lol

Ezrick

11-16-2012

Yep. Boom when you use explorer wards.

ploki122

11-16-2012

Bump for visibility, I know it has been reported a couple of times, but there wasn't any on first page (should've searched, I know...) when I posted and right now, I'm the one with the most detailed description as well as the top of search result (thus the most recent).

dafedidi

11-16-2012

I agree. I tested it.

ploki122

11-16-2012

Oh and this combined with broken queue can actually lead to 1-sided game (I lost a 1v3... on SR blind queue)

Hiter

11-16-2012

bump but the queue is so long i cant test it anyways lol

Tubyboulin

11-16-2012

I just tried it in a bot game, and none of them actually attacked the ward (I placed it right beside one of their towers, so they should have been able to see it.) I didn't have the good sense to buy a ward from the shop, put it down too, and see if they attacked it. Still, just throwing it out there since after the enormous queue, that's all I got to test before PVP.net disconnected me. Bots don't want to crash games. The more you know.

ploki122

11-16-2012

Well, afaik bots never targeted wards, also I think they are unclickable, meaning that the champion has to have no action queue'd and be within AA range of the ward (but not you). not sure if it is actually clickable (or revealable) tho. But thanks for keeping this thread alive guys, this is probably a fairly easy to fix bug and is kinda game-breaking right now... So I hope that Riot will see this.