Is The Tribunal That Stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tonaia

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac777 View Post
And its these type of people that are reported, I haven't swore once in the argument yet you feel like its your right to as you can not give an argument towards me. Much like contradicting yourself now? Did your parents not yell at you for doing something stupid? Did you never yell? If you have, please don't say that it isn't human nature. Doing stupid stuff gets you canned, nobody cares if you rage.

He's not swearing at you Brainiac, he's swearing at a hypothetical "you", as in the person who is being a jerk to him in a game.

Also, it's easy to get canned for raging. You rage at a customer, you get fired by the boss for costing him a returning customer.

The same thing applies here. A customer cussing at another customer will be kicked out and told not to return to a business if he/she cannot behave his/her self. Why? It creates a negative atmosphere for the other customers being served. This is the reasoning for Riot to ban these people. It costs them customers with their negativity.

Don't say it doesn't either. Riot wouldn't have implemented Leaver Buster, the Tribunal, and their own audits if they were not worried about customer retention.

Sharkb8

11-16-2012

Quote:
Did your parents not yell at you for doing something stupid? Did you never yell? If you have, please don't say that it isn't human nature. Doing stupid stuff gets you canned, nobody cares if you rage.
And when you yelled back at your parents, didn't you get in EVEN MORE trouble?!? Yeah, I thought so.

People do care if you rage. 1) you look a fool 2) you look a child 3)They don't want to be around you.

I've yelled many times-at my 8 year old, at my parents, at my son's mom when we were fighting...And I've had consequences each time. Yelling at my monitor though, instead of typing, seems to work...why can't you do that?

Calys Teneb

11-16-2012

Quote:
And its these type of people that are reported, I haven't swore once in the argument yet you feel like its your right to as you can not give an argument towards me. Much like contradicting yourself now? Did your parents not yell at you for doing something stupid? Did you never yell? If you have, please don't say that it isn't human nature. Doing stupid stuff gets you canned, nobody cares if you rage.
My parents yelled at me. Know why? THEY'RE MY PARENTS. They're entitled.

My boss yells at my coworkers when they screw up. Know why? HE'S THE BOSS. He's entitled.

However, that's yelling. Not "raging." It's feedback that is intended to be forceful but correct a change in behavior in a constructive manner. It's not screaming at someone just to make yourself feel better.

You are not entitled to yell or rage at me. If we are matched together in ranked or unranked it means that our ELO is the same. That means you are no better than me from the standpoint of the system and at best that makes you my PEER. I don't have to take abuse from my peers. I can take feedback from them.

Further, as others have said, "you" in this sense is an empirical you, referring to a group of all others who are not me.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Do you want people to be nice every single moment?
Well, yeah.

Alchemisttotori

11-16-2012

Hey brainiac777, if you hate how lol tribunal and the game does things, just uninstall, please... Make your vote known by just saying bye to this game and this board. The mature people of this board and game would really, really appreciate that. You can go play another game that appreciates people that act like jerks..

VroomVrooms

11-16-2012

You shouldn't abuse or bully your team members, or anybody else for that matter. You're creating a hostile environment that undermines your team member's ability to work with you. League of Legends is about team work and people working together towards a common goal but when there's negativity on the team, it spreads like cancer and eventually makes the game less enjoyable. That's why when I vote on the Tribunal, I want to remove every toxic player as it they only make the experience worse for those they play with. You can have a more enjoyable experience by simply changing how you conduct and act towards people. We know people are going to have bad days, but that doesn't warrant you the right to take it out on other people and make them have a bad day.

mambawarrior0

11-16-2012

First: Those were completely deserved punishes.
Second: Those people weren't even banned, why does it matter?
Third: How skilled/unskilled they are doesn't matter, it matters if they broke the rules or were a toxic player. If you actually, idk, READ THE RULES before doing Tribunal, you'd know that.
Fourth: Yes, I would actually prefer unskilled players to ragers. Also, I honestly feel I have a higher chance of winning with unskilled than ragers. I've fought a 3v5 were my teammates were 0/24 and 1/32 and I was 36/7, but I had fun, and I've had games where a teammate was 32/8 and I completely despised the experience because of how badly they raged.
*Edit: It's worth noting that I almost the game with the 32/8 rager, it came down to a base race. I also made it to the enemy nexus turrets in the 3v5, but then I got caught and they pushed to win while I was dead.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I've had way too many Punishes get majority Pardon'd because "it was only one game". Bull****. One game is enough to Punish.

Downvote to lock.

Rhab

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Exactly my point of you guys caring too much on these vague words. If you cared that much, have a filter that blocks words permanently. League is just contradicting itself now. League even states that the swear filter is not there for you too swear, but what is the purpose of swear words then? Raging? Nobody needs to hear you raging, and nobody asked for you to have your swear filter off. You people really care that much of what's in the chat? Nobody asked you too look. Riot rather have more people playing than care about swears, that's why the Tribunal is here so WE can deal with it, and that's the reason referrals give rewards but no the Tribunal.
I think you may be missing the point.

AJStarhiker

11-16-2012

Unskilled players can learn to play better. Ragers just make me want the game to end.