Is The Tribunal That Stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:
So League of Legends can assume that all people are friendly and don't use the chat to swear? Do people not get mad at a bad team mate that makes the team lose? You should know now that people play league to have fun. Not to win games

Calys Teneb

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac777 View Post
So League of Legends can assume that all people are friendly and don't use the chat to swear? Do people not get mad at a bad team mate that makes the team lose? You should know now that people play league to have fun. Not to win games
Do you get mad at them? Sure, everyone does.

Know what you do? Scream at your monitor. The problem you have is not that you swear or get frustrated. It's that you don't feel any satisfaction unless you make the target of your frustration miserable for the rest of the game.

Tonaia

11-16-2012

Quote:
Then the point of the language blocker is too...? So League of Legends became a peaceful place that you can swear for what point? What is swearing intended for then? So people in the chat can listen to my rage and what? People shrug off these type of offensives
as they know it can't change the league world by one report. You make it sound like reporting is as hard as writing a letter or calling but it really is only 2 clicks. How could you relate the real world to a game? I don't think you can do drugs in League can you? Do people in the Tribunal get paid for there judgements?

Some people shrug off these offenses. Some don't. Few people shrug off a large stream of insults given to them over half an hour after every mistake they make. Rage is not welcome in the game at all. You can rage all you want while you play. Just don't waste your time typing it in. It's non productive.

How can't you relate it to the real world? What makes an online game different than Monopoly or basketball. Why is it acceptable to be rude and obnoxious in an online game but not a real one?

Also you are right. You can't change the world with a single report. It takes thousands of reports to make some change. Luckily some people have decided to actually take a stand against these types of behaviors.

Alanja

11-16-2012

I in fact teach people to be nice in life, believe it or not ^^
I work with high school children of lower-income families to get a perspective in life, scholarships for universities and job training.
On of the things I have witnessed is that their surroundings are violent and need order. They lost respect for anyone and I am trying to show them a different way out of it.

Anyhow, I see your arguement of this being a competitive game, and I understand it. However if you compare it to the "real sports" you will see a lot of punishments for rude behaviour.
A few examples:

The Soccer Club FC Chelsea declared to punish Ashley Cole over a foul mouthed tweet.

Joshua Morgan was fined by the Washington Redskins for being unsportmanlike.

Penn State University completely shut down the whole Football Team and erasing all wins in the past for covering up the misdeeds of the old coach. (They did not act, so they had to be punished )

Stephano was punished by Evil Geniuses for stating that he had abused a 14 year old girl (Starcraft 2)

All of this is competition.
All of them are punished.

I understand when sometimes emotions go overboard and I understand a course every now and then, but people here take it to the next level.

The games you postet showed that the players were not jsut venting frustration, but after that kept on talking down on the others, not letting them and it go.

I punish such a behaviour since it is my tool here to reach out to them. If there would be another (perhaps better) way, I would try to take that road as well.

And I have to agree with you in one point: I do not agree with every voting outcome I see at the tribunal.
There are many cases which I pardoned that got punished and vice versa.
But it is the law of the majority and that is still flawed.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Do you get mad at them? Sure, everyone does.

Know what you do? Scream at your monitor. The problem you have is not that you swear or get frustrated. It's that you don't feel any satisfaction unless you make the target of your frustration miserable for the rest of the game.
That is human nature. Does that not push you to become a better player? Were you helpless to this bullying? You should know full when that when you join an MMO game, there are people that bully.

Calys Teneb

11-16-2012

Quote:
That is human nature. Does that not push you to become a better player? Were you helpless to this bullying? You should know full when that when you join an MMO game, there are people that bully.
Being yelled at? Nope. I'll take feedback but if you're going to be a ******bag about it, I'll just put you on ignore and report and dismiss whatever you said.

It's human nature, up until you go to work in the real world and you find out that raging at people generally gets you canned.

Sharkb8

11-16-2012

Quote:
Being yelled at? Nope. I'll take feedback but if you're going to be a ******bag about it, I'll just put you on ignore and report and dismiss whatever you said.

It's human nature, up until you go to work in the real world and you find out that raging at people generally gets you canned.
^Yeah, what this guy said...It's the real world kid, get over it.

IHOKIEPOKIE

11-16-2012

Just to help answer you question - [SONA] and when draven dies 5 times bot what am i supposed to do.

Not die 12 times.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:

And its these type of people that are reported, I haven't swore once in the argument yet you feel like its your right to as you can not give an argument towards me. Much like contradicting yourself now? Did your parents not yell at you for doing something stupid? Did you never yell? If you have, please don't say that it isn't human nature. Doing stupid stuff gets you canned, nobody cares if you rage.

Alanja

11-16-2012

This community cares