Is The Tribunal That Stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Misunderstood

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

First Report

Game 1:
Volibear [00:06:50] ****amere
Volibear [00:08:21] raped
Volibear [00:10:47] ****ties

Volibear [All] [00:15:07] owned, baddies

Volibear [All] [00:15:23] y u bad tho
Volibear [All] [00:15:58] owned, bad

Volibear [All] [00:16:31] owned
Tryndamere [All] [00:16:43] gg
Teemo [All] [00:16:43] bads
Volibear [All] [00:16:44] man, you guys bad

Game 2:

Another half dozen "****ties" comments

Game 3:

Shen [00:03:54] you ****az dumb
LeBlanc [00:04:00] fu ck yuo men
Shen [00:04:03] i ult in and you run away like pussies
Shen [00:04:05] go back to france

I've seen enough for a punish verdict by now.

Game 4:

Constantly calling his team baddies and insulting, including
Sona [00:16:19] ashe
Sona [00:16:21] next time
Sona [00:16:24] don't be awful

Sona [00:31:12] uninstall, terribles

Not terribad as opposed to other games, but still verbal abuse. If this was the only game in the report i'd likely pardon.

Game 5:

Soraka [00:00:22] see
Soraka [00:00:24] ****ing reported
Soraka [00:00:25] ****ty
Soraka [00:00:27] knew it

All because someone said they have the wrong runes?

Soraka [00:00:42] you're both ****ty
Twitch [00:00:47] shut up and play
Soraka [00:00:52] ****
Twitch [00:01:26] cv theyre blue pro
Soraka [00:01:32] too late, ******

More insults of ******, and so forth...

Overall: I would not want this person in any of my games. Clear and obvious punish.

Second Report

Game 1:

****ing suck right off the top.

Game 2:

Xin Zhao [00:04:18] Love when you eat a dick you ****er.
Nasus [00:04:33] lol love when u say a illegal word so i can tag it
Xin Zhao [00:04:38] An illegal word?
Xin Zhao [00:04:42] It's not illegal.
Xin Zhao [00:04:43] Are you 10?

Game 3:

Irelia [All] [00:00:39] Hey you ****ing ****er
Galio [00:00:39] dun have enuff
Irelia [All] [00:00:41] Shut your ****** mouth
Irelia [All] [00:00:58] Advertise a ****** dick in your anus,.

Game 4:

Kassadin [All] [00:05:55] THIS GAME IS FOR ******S
Morgana [All] [00:06:01] report kasss
Kassadin [All] [00:07:19] YOU GUNNA GET YOURS Ezreal
Kassadin [00:09:00] She's really good, okay?
Kassadin [00:09:29] fart dad rip
Ezreal [All] [00:09:58] IT WASN'T WORTH IT
Kassadin [All] [00:10:13] Scientists cant even quantify the amount of **** you just ate.

Game 5:

Maybe the the most 'innocent' game out of all of these. Not saying much.

Overall: A clear punish.

If you cannot see this, you really should not be helping in the Tribunal.

XxCrossHairxX

11-16-2012

ya i had a case where a tyrndamere went 39/0/30 got baned for calling his teams noobs

Alanja

11-16-2012

*sigh*

Well like SgtSarros perfectly explained: I would hit punish as well.

Both your cases the player was so rude and immature that he had to be punished.
If you want to play with those type of people, go ahead and make premade 5v5.

If you are really serious about your topic though, I would like you to state why such a behaviour is NOT punishable (and I am not talking about skill of people).

Tubesteak

11-16-2012

Easy punish. Dunno how anyone could think otherwise.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
First Report

Game 1:
Volibear [00:06:50] ****amere
Volibear [00:08:21] raped
Volibear [00:10:47] ****ties

Volibear [All] [00:15:07] owned, baddies

Volibear [All] [00:15:23] y u bad tho
Volibear [All] [00:15:58] owned, bad

Volibear [All] [00:16:31] owned
Tryndamere [All] [00:16:43] gg
Teemo [All] [00:16:43] bads
Volibear [All] [00:16:44] man, you guys bad

Game 2:

Another half dozen "****ties" comments

Game 3:

Shen [00:03:54] you ****az dumb
LeBlanc [00:04:00] fu ck yuo men
Shen [00:04:03] i ult in and you run away like pussies
Shen [00:04:05] go back to france

I've seen enough for a punish verdict by now.

Game 4:

Constantly calling his team baddies and insulting, including
Sona [00:16:19] ashe
Sona [00:16:21] next time
Sona [00:16:24] don't be awful

Sona [00:31:12] uninstall, terribles

Not terribad as opposed to other games, but still verbal abuse. If this was the only game in the report i'd likely pardon.

Game 5:

Soraka [00:00:22] see
Soraka [00:00:24] ****ing reported
Soraka [00:00:25] ****ty
Soraka [00:00:27] knew it

All because someone said they have the wrong runes?

Soraka [00:00:42] you're both ****ty
Twitch [00:00:47] shut up and play
Soraka [00:00:52] ****
Twitch [00:01:26] cv theyre blue pro
Soraka [00:01:32] too late, ******

More insults of ******, and so forth...

Overall: I would not want this person in any of my games. Clear and obvious punish.

Second Report

Game 1:

****ing suck right off the top.

Game 2:

Xin Zhao [00:04:18] Love when you eat a dick you ****er.
Nasus [00:04:33] lol love when u say a illegal word so i can tag it
Xin Zhao [00:04:38] An illegal word?
Xin Zhao [00:04:42] It's not illegal.
Xin Zhao [00:04:43] Are you 10?

Game 3:

Irelia [All] [00:00:39] Hey you ****ing ****er
Galio [00:00:39] dun have enuff
Irelia [All] [00:00:41] Shut your ****** mouth
Irelia [All] [00:00:58] Advertise a ****** dick in your anus,.

Game 4:

Kassadin [All] [00:05:55] THIS GAME IS FOR ******S
Morgana [All] [00:06:01] report kasss
Kassadin [All] [00:07:19] YOU GUNNA GET YOURS Ezreal
Kassadin [00:09:00] She's really good, okay?
Kassadin [00:09:29] fart dad rip
Ezreal [All] [00:09:58] IT WASN'T WORTH IT
Kassadin [All] [00:10:13] Scientists cant even quantify the amount of **** you just ate.

Game 5:

Maybe the the most 'innocent' game out of all of these. Not saying much.

Overall: A clear punish.

If you cannot see this, you really should not be helping in the Tribunal.
Exactly my point of you guys caring too much on these vague words. If you cared that much, have a filter that blocks words permanently. League is just contradicting itself now. League even states that the swear filter is not there for you too swear, but what is the purpose of swear words then? Raging? Nobody needs to hear you raging, and nobody asked for you to have your swear filter off. You people really care that much of what's in the chat? Nobody asked you too look. Riot rather have more people playing than care about swears, that's why the Tribunal is here so WE can deal with it, and that's the reason referrals give rewards but no the Tribunal.

Tonaia

11-16-2012

Brainiac, the Tribunal works by amassing reports given to the player in the Tribunal, when enough reports have been given, the Tribunal takes a random sample of 1-5 games from the past X days' worth of reports and presents it as a case file.

A couple of things as well.

1. People tend to shrug off bad behavior, and don't bother reporting it. This happens in the entertainment industry when complaints come in about offensive content. Producers know that if one person was offended enough to call or write or send an email, that more people who are not as outraged, but still offended are out there as well.

2. Swearing isn't a bannable offense. It only becomes bannable, when it is used for harassment. Both case files show the accused player of bashing his team mates repeatedly. In real life you wouldn't call one of your team mates a "****ty ******" , or call them out constantly to be reported to the police would you? Just because it's the internet and you have the almighty power of anonymity does not mean you have the right to treat other players like they are pieces of trash.

3. Those are warnings. Half of the players who get warnings never go to the tribunal again, because they reform their attitudes. The system is made for corrective purposes, not for elimination purposes. Riot constantly gives players chances to change their behavior, and only resorts to actual punishment at 2 strikes. At the work place you don't get fired for one instance, you get a warning then progressive discipline if you don't correct your behavior.

4. The tribunal is more lenient then Riot's internal audits are.

Also about the language blocker.

It doesn't work. Players have been breaking it by misspelling words, and placing spaces between them to get around the blocks.

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanja View Post
*sigh*

Well like SgtSarros perfectly explained: I would hit punish as well.

Both your cases the player was so rude and immature that he had to be punished.
If you want to play with those type of people, go ahead and make premade 5v5.

If you are really serious about your topic though, I would like you to state why such a behaviour is NOT punishable (and I am not talking about skill of people).
Do you want people to be nice every single moment? If it was that, there would not be a PVP. The Tribunal gives out warnings, not stopping the problem. My account gets banned? Well it only takes 1 Minute to make a new one. Since when can league make people nicer? You pit others against you and you expect them to be allies? You make it sound like a Premade 5vs5 is like one click away. WHY don't you take action and tell the reporters that. If everyone could make a Premade, then why don't we? We like to meet new people and this is just a consequence we face. Why don't you teach people in real life about being nice than teach them in a game where its a competition.

Calys Teneb

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac777 View Post
Exactly my point of you guys caring too much on these vague words. If you cared that much, have a filter that blocks words permanently. League is just contradicting itself now. League even states that the swear filter is not there for you too swear, but what is the purpose of swear words then? Raging? Nobody needs to hear you raging, and nobody asked for you to have your swear filter off. You people really care that much of what's in the chat? Nobody asked you too look. Riot rather have more people playing than care about swears, that's why the Tribunal is here so WE can deal with it, and that's the reason referrals give rewards but no the Tribunal.
Quote:
Q: Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?

A: Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...2-tribunal-faq

Brainiac777

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaia View Post
Brainiac, the Tribunal works by amassing reports given to the player in the Tribunal, when enough reports have been given, the Tribunal takes a random sample of 1-5 games from the past X days' worth of reports and presents it as a case file.

A couple of things as well.

1. People tend to shrug off bad behavior, and don't bother reporting it. This happens in the entertainment industry when complaints come in about offensive content. Producers know that if one person was offended enough to call or write or send an email, that more people who are not as outraged, but still offended are out there as well.

2. Swearing isn't a bannable offense. It only becomes bannable, when it is used for harassment. Both case files show the accused player of bashing his team mates repeatedly. In real life you wouldn't call one of your team mates a "****ty ******" , or call them out constantly to be reported to the police would you? Just because it's the internet and you have the almighty power of anonymity does not mean you have the right to treat other players like they are pieces of trash.

3. Those are warnings. Half of the players who get warnings never go to the tribunal again, because they reform their attitudes. The system is made for corrective purposes, not for elimination purposes. Riot constantly gives players chances to change their behavior, and only resorts to actual punishment at 2 strikes. At the work place you don't get fired for one instance, you get a warning then progressive discipline if you don't correct your behavior.

4. The tribunal is more lenient then Riot's internal audits are.

Also about the language blocker.

It doesn't work. Players have been breaking it by misspelling words, and placing spaces between them to get around the blocks.
Then the point of the language blocker is too...? So League of Legends became a peaceful place that you can swear for what point? What is swearing intended for then? So people in the chat can listen to my rage and what? People shrug off these type of offensives
as they know it can't change the league world by one report. You make it sound like reporting is as hard as writing a letter or calling but it really is only 2 clicks. How could you relate the real world to a game? I don't think you can do drugs in League can you? Do people in the Tribunal get paid for there judgements?