Season 3 Items in Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Season 3 Items Excluded

• Hunter's Machete, Spirit Stone, and its upgrades tend to be advantageous towards already-powerful archetypes. In addition, because of the smaller jungle, the increased jungling speed will not be necessary. This may change in the future.
  • Homeguard Enchantment is not included due to the smaller size of the map.
  • Liandry's Lament is a weaker version of Blackfire Torch, and will be left out due to differences in champion viability.
  • Ohmwrecker will also be removed due to its skewed benefits towards bruisers and tanks.
  • Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone will not be available, as wards are not available.
  • Runic Bulwark will not be available to keep AP champions viable.

Twisted Treeline Items Removed
  • Lord Van Damm's Pillager will be temporarily removed due to conflicts with Black Cleaver. It will be remade and repurposed.
  • Wicked Hatchet will also be temporarily removed, as it's very similar to the new Executioner's Calling. It too will be remade and repurposed.

Zerglinator

11-16-2012

Butcher's Blade and Soul Eater...?

Arctic Bro

11-16-2012

Awe no BFT nerf for Teemo......

Versace Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Season 3 Items Excluded
  • Lord Van Damm's Pillager will be temporarily removed due to conflicts with Black Cleaver. It will be remade and repurposed.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYES.

**** made Olaf OP as ****.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimofo View Post
Awe no BFT nerf for Teemo......
BFT is getting nerfed.

Blackfire Torch
-Reduced magic penetration from 20 to 15
-Decreased maximum charges from 25 to 18
-Decreased the duration of the burn effect from 3 to 2 seconds
-Increased the delay between charge gains from 1 to 1.5 seconds
-Increased the burn amount from 1.67% to 1.75% of max health per second
-Fixed a bug that caused the first tick of burn to not consume a charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Butcher's Blade and Soul Eater...?
Sorry, those were internal names. We like to call things Soul Eater as a joke.

Arctic Bro

11-16-2012

Quote:
BFT is getting nerfed.

Blackfire Torch
-Reduced magic penetration from 20 to 15
-Decreased maximum charges from 25 to 18
-Decreased the duration of the burn effect from 3 to 2 seconds
-Increased the delay between charge gains from 1 to 1.5 seconds
-Increased the burn amount from 1.67% to 1.75% of max health per second
-Fixed a bug that caused the first tick of burn to not consume a charge

Thanks!
TAKE THAT TEEMO!!!

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:

Cause of the Anime/Manga?

scazzaf

11-16-2012

I really like the new items Nome, and I'm a little disappointed to see such a large amount removed so quickly. I can understand most the items being excluded due to the imbalance on this map, but ohmwrecker seems like a phenomenal way to prevent turtling late game against champions that clear waves too well (And while it has been toned down, it does still happen, even at high ELO play). Is there a chance you could re-think the exclusion of ohmwrecker?

ViolentlyCar

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
Cause of the Anime/Manga?
It might be because Ahri's passive was originally called Soul Eater, and no one at Riot noticed that Nasus' passive was also called Soul Eater until she was released and the community pointed it out.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazzaf View Post
I really like the new items Nome, and I'm a little disappointed to see such a large amount removed so quickly. I can understand most the items being excluded due to the imbalance on this map, but ohmwrecker seems like a phenomenal way to prevent turtling late game against champions that clear waves too well (And while it has been toned down, it does still happen, even at high ELO play). Is there a chance you could re-think the exclusion of ohmwrecker?
Everything can be re-thought; it's really going to be up to the community to decide. Our initial plan was actually to just keep the entirety of S3 itemization out... this meant even keeping things like Heart of Gold in TT, since TT was largely balanced and designed without (too much) of S3 in mind. I decided to do a sweep of S3 items anyway to see which ones we could bring over safely, and the items in the OP are the only ones I found to be potentially abusive.

Now keep in mind, TT is actually quite likely to be receiving more items soon. LVD's Pillager, Wicked Hatchet, and quite possibly Kitae's Bloodrazor and Entropy from Dominion are all going to be remade fairly soon. I'm of the opinion that TT (and Dom) should NOT have less options than SR--just different ones--so consider this a continuation of a transitory state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
It might be because Ahri's passive was originally called Soul Eater, and no one at Riot noticed that Nasus' passive was also called Soul Eater until she was released and the community pointed it out.
Yeah, it's this. We now call everything Soul Eater.