Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Caster Itemization?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

11-17-2012

Quote:
Reygekan:
That's because SV is better on bruisers than it is on most AD Casters. SV as a stat is good for sustained damage dealers, because all burst damage dealers care about is using their entire combo. There are some sustained damage AD Casters, like there are some sustained damage AP ones, but there are significantly more sustained damage bruisers who benefit just as much as AD Casters do. More, in fact, because they build tankier, so what you end up with are bruisers that are spellvamp sustaining all the damage other classes throw at them after surviving their initial burst (because, you know, they're bruisers.)

AD Casters are generally assassins. Not always, Riven and Garen are more bruisery and Urgot is his own strange hybrid class, but as for the most part AD Casters items have to be created with the assassins in mind. Riven and Garen, The more bruisery AD Casters have a larger item pool to select with as well, Maw is a great item on them, for example, so they don't necessarily need an AD Caster item catered towards themselves. Especially not at the expense of other AD Casters, since the bruisery AD Casters are already pretty viable and don't need the leg up.

Edit: One other point I feel needs to be made. Lack of early sustain is not an issue for AD Casters since they have AD scaling and benefit from lifesteal. Bloodthirster and Hydra are both great on AD Casters and both offer lifesteal, building out of a vamp scepter which now contains AD. Take advantage of that.

There really aren't that many bruisers that would notably benefit from spell vamp. There are only a few AD casters that qualify as assassins, Zed as you mentioned, and they notably have low cooldown abilities that would provide them with nicer sustain in late game teamfights than their AA which tends to have no AS/crit.

There is no reason to keep itemization options low.

ihave2cows

11-17-2012

Quote:
PerfidiousAlbion:
There really aren't that many bruisers that would notably benefit from spell vamp. There are only a few AD casters that qualify as assassins, Zed as you mentioned, and they notably have low cooldown abilities that would provide them with nicer sustain in late game teamfights than their AA which tends to have no AS/crit.

There is no reason to keep itemization options low.

almost every bruiser can benefit from spell vamp because they typically have a lot of armor. Could you imagine garen with an item that gave AD and spellvamp? Dem spins...

Xyltin

11-17-2012

I still wait for a Brutalizer upgrade path for most AD assassins except for BC.
I get an item that is purely for me and the only really good upgrade is an item that is more for my team?
SV is not the stat to go for Assassins. AD + ArPen and maybe some HP.

Brutalizer + Pick Axe + 250 gold => 60 AD, 20 ArPen, 10% CDR (no math done here for the real prize, so 250g is probably not accurate)
I don't care how good it would be on Lee Sin anymore. I only want a AD caster item that is also good for assassins and gets built out of brutalizer.

What would be better for Talon and worse for Lee Sin? change the 20 ArPen to 25 pure skill ArPen (only penetrates the Armor for skills that deal physical dmg, and not for AA).

Mercurial is the only one i can see om some AD assassins like K'Z and Rengar (to close the gaps again and to avoid the downtime through CC).
But i also feel that this item is too good for ranged champs. Can't we have the 100% MS boost only for melees?
Cause when you finally CCed the enemy ranged ADC, he will cleans and run away for 1 sec, and there is no chance for you to get close again except your are Irelia or Jax (low CD gap closers).

PerfidiousAlbion

11-17-2012

Quote:
ihave2cows:
almost every bruiser can benefit from spell vamp because they typically have a lot of armor. Could you imagine garen with an item that gave AD and spellvamp? Dem spins...

Garen could reasonably be classified as an AD caster. Many people do. Just taking a quick look through the roster the only bruisers I could see that might unintentionally benefit from spell vamp would be Darius and Mundo.