Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spirit Stone needs a buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-16-2012

Not sure if this will make it into the next PBE build, but I changed both Spirit Stone and Madred's Razors to retain the Machete's Rend passive. The Madred's / Wriggle's passive proc is now renamed to Maim.

Wriggle's and the final Spirit Stone upgrades will still not retain the Rend passive.

Fat of the Land

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
I know there's a math-y crossover point at which you need to pass in order for Spirit Stone to be higher damage in some cases due to the loss of the Rend passive. This isn't ideal, but we acknowledged this and accepted that players can opt to leave the Hunter's Machete in their inventory in order to go for other items until they feel comfortable that upgrading Spirit Stone would be a for-sure damage increase.

This is convoluted and bad for streamlining. Unfortunately this seems to be a common trend with the new items.

Thyrnor

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Not sure if this will make it into the next PBE build, but I changed both Spirit Stone and Madred's Razors to retain the Machete's Rend passive. The Madred's / Wriggle's passive proc is now renamed to Maim.

Wriggle's and the final Spirit Stone upgrades will still not retain the Rend passive.

Thank you! This actually makes it a good choice to upgrade your machete. Before, it wouldn't be a good idea to upgrade it till like level 9 at least.

PrincessDerpy

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

Good. It never feels right when you get punished for upgrading to what is still a pretty early game item.

Jaigar

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

This is actually a big deal. I feel like its a great alternative to philo stone now, esp on mao who doesn't jungle all that quickly.

I need a good set of attack speed runes for jungle though. Armor pen runes not cutting it on fiddles.

RedPlanet

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

I don't suspect it was particularly necessary on Razors. The Madred passive and Rend do the same job.

It was an issue on Spirit Stone because a large portion of your damage is still autoattacks for most characters.

Mdaha

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

Yay, thank you for responding. I will be back when these go live and I can test them! Thank you!

Vacus

11-16-2012

lol, Rend and Maim.

Where's our Blackhand item that has both Rend and Maim on it as passives?

(Rend and Maim are the sons of Warchief Blackhand the Destroyer, who was Warchief of the Horde during Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blackhand
)

J2E Starnips

11-16-2012

Interesting.

TuurtleZ

11-16-2012

all the changes i like!!