Example of how inaccruate reports can be.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
You must not visit the League's tribunal forums often.

First you say he was indeed pardoned (deserving a pardon) because the report reasons were dumb

Then, you come and say you agree that he could have been punished because of F you soraka and such

So, where you stand? What inaccuracy are you talking about?


People are free to report for anything, and the tribunal does the job to make cases for people who are reported too much and too often.

This guy was obviously reported very often, so, until here, the tribunal was making his job, agreed?

then, whatever people reported for, that's up to each one. There were dumb reasons? Yes
But how exactly you expect the tribunal to filter dumb reasons? It does filter reports from people who abuse it, but it simply can't prevent human stupidity.

even then, he got to the tribunal, where we can clearly see his behavior wasn't the best ones, so, he was were he deserved to be, on the tribunal, i still can't see anything inaccurate about it.


But then, he gets pardoned.
You seem to sound his behavior, although bad, wasnt enough for a punish, and people seemed to agree with that (or they aren't qualified well enough to vote), again, how can the tribunal filter those? Again, it is human factor.

If you want to blame someone, blame society! I mean, community. Not the tribunal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakJuice

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
A person accumulated many reports but they seem to be for minor or no reason. The Tribunal voted to Pardon. It seems that the system is working exactly as intended in this case. Which is great! I just don't see why there's a thread about that. It's good to celebrate the victories among all the complaining here though I guess.

Your right,, Theres nothing wrong with people making false reports and having innocent people end up in the tribunal for no reason..

You know how i like to spend my saturdays?? Showing up in court for a crime i didnt committ..

If you dont get the joke above, then im at a loss of words for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
Your right,, Theres nothing wrong with people making false reports and having innocent people end up in the tribunal for no reason..

You know how i like to spend my saturdays?? Showing up in court for a crime i didnt committ..

If you dont get the joke above, then im at a loss of words for you.
It's just that you're complaining about a problem which is addressed by the existence of a green Pardon button, and linking to a successful case of that button mitigating the problem.

You are describing the exact reason the Tribunal exists, as opposed to a system that simply punishes when enough reports are received, and showing that it works. Everyone wins!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
Your right,, Theres nothing wrong with people making false reports and having innocent people end up in the tribunal for no reason..

You know how i like to spend my saturdays?? Showing up in court for a crime i didnt committ..

If you dont get the joke above, then im at a loss of words for you.

he is not entirely innocent.

game 2 alone would be enough to get him punished.



besides, again, how can a system prevent people from reporting?
Isn't exactly the voter's job to filter the real toxic among all the cases?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakJuice

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
It's just that you're complaining about a problem which is addressed by the existence of a green Pardon button, and linking to a successful case of that button mitigating the problem.

You are describing the exact reason the Tribunal exists, as opposed to a system that simply punishes when enough reports are received, and showing that it works. Everyone wins!

You know its against the law to call 911 and report false crimes? SO why should these guys get away with reporting false reports??

Honestly, we arent going to agree so imma just say im done with the conversation because you obviousley think taht players should be allowed to report players who are innocent and get away with it. Thats fine, However, I dont agree. Good luck to your future games, judging by your ranked stats in season 2 i can see your gonna need it. Lolking.com ! YEAH BUDDAY!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakJuice

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
he is not entirely innocent.

game 2 alone would be enough to get him punished.



besides, again, how can a system prevent people from reporting?
Isn't exactly the voter's job to filter the real toxic among all the cases?
Dont talk to ppl with 666 in there name XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakJuice

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
he is not entirely innocent.

game 2 alone would be enough to get him punished.



besides, again, how can a system prevent people from reporting?
Isn't exactly the voter's job to filter the real toxic among all the cases?

Nice Season 2 Ranked stats btw, i havent seen that many 0% win rates in a long time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
You know its against the law to call 911 and report false crimes? SO why should these guys get away with reporting false reports??

Honestly, we arent going to agree so imma just say im done with the conversation because you obviousley think taht players should be allowed to report players who are innocent and get away with it. Thats fine, However, I dont agree. Good luck to your future games, judging by your ranked stats in season 2 i can see your gonna need it. Lolking.com ! YEAH BUDDAY!
Oh, so there's your point... false reporters should be punished. Do you know you hadn't actually said that yet in this thread? Do you also know that there was a ban wave for thousands of chronic false reporters a couple months ago?

You seem like a super classy guy so here's a tip: Actually write what your point is. Don't just assume people will guess what it is and then whine when they don't get it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
Dont talk to ppl with 666 in there name XD
ok then I won't talk with people who can't spell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
Nice Season 2 Ranked stats btw, i havent seen that many 0% win rates in a long time.
thank you, btw, when does your ban end again? ready for the next one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
You know its against the law to call 911 and report false crimes? SO why should these guys get away with reporting false reports??

Honestly, we arent going to agree so imma just say im done with the conversation because you obviousley think taht players should be allowed to report players who are innocent and get away with it. Thats fine, However, I dont agree. Good luck to your future games, judging by your ranked stats in season 2 i can see your gonna need it. Lolking.com ! YEAH BUDDAY!
They don't though. Not only do their reports slowly erode in value, there have been sweeps where false reporters have been audited themselves, which uncovered that quite a number of the players that are habitual "false reporters" are some of the worst "toxic" players. They've migrated from the open trolling and griefing that was rampant during the pre-Tribunal years to more hidden forms of anti-social behavior.


123