Example of how inaccruate reports can be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MakJuice

11-16-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5936679/#nogo

This guy obviousley was Overwhelminging pardoned. But look at WHY he was reported, and how he was reported on proving grounds..

Everyone thinks reporting for stupid things isnt dangerous but this guy still shows up in the tribunal when he has done nothing to even break the summoners code besides the F word to soraka in game 2.

In all honesty, i think the tribunee's need to take more of a Innocent until proven guilty approach instead of the same old, well hes in the tribunal so he must be a trouble maker who breaks the rules. No, thats not how it always is.

MakJuice

11-16-2012

I #fail for spelling inaccurate wrong btw

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

maybe was something he said on post game chat?

mostly players aren't aware of how the tribunal works,
I had a report that said

"just watch what he did at 15 minutes"

like I could watch a replay on the tribunal...

still, you can't know, he could have bragged and being offensive on end game lobby.

ALSO, this guy should be punished.

Quote:
Heimerdinger [00:22:53] holy **** he just took out --- hp
Heimerdinger [00:23:42] wait soraka
Heimerdinger [00:23:44] waitttt
Heimerdinger [00:24:04] **** you sorakaaaa
Heimerdinger [00:24:06] **** youuuu haha
he also have a report for Inappropriate Name, what was his name?

Tbird

11-16-2012

I get where you're coming from and I like to think I'm kind of a middle of the road guy with the tribunal. I support it and like what it does but understand that it needs to be tweaked and there will always be problems with a random sampling of both cases and judges. I totally agree with the innocent until proven guilty thing and would really love if a red one day at least said we should lean toward a pardon if we are unsure of what to do. Skipping a tough case is just not the right option either. If you skip it is like saying I have thought about it and I just can't decide so I am going to let someone else make the tough decision. But having said all that there is the fact that a small percentage of the population ends up in the tribunal because it does take a large number of reports to even get there and the odds of all of the reports leading to the tribunal being false is astronomically low. Anyway that is just my 2 cents.

MakJuice

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
maybe was something he said on post game chat?

mostly players aren't aware of how the tribunal works,
I had a report that said

"just watch what he did at 15 minutes"

like I could watch a replay on the tribunal...

still, you can't know, he could have bragged and being offensive on end game lobby.

ALSO, this guy should be punished.

he also have a report for Inappropriate Name, what was his name?

The point wasnt about Wether he deserved to be punished or not, i said that the F you soraka was punishable clearly.... Im talking about the other games where he was reported because he didnt give the guy a penta? Etc etc.

And secondly your right, i dont know what he said in game lobby so why would i punish off what the reportee said? If a reportee ever says "he said this in game lobby" i cant punish because there is Zero evidence, and if you ever do punish because someones report says that in description but u have no evidence then i hope you are never a jury for anyones case.

Exploding Barrel

11-16-2012

As the case was pardoned I'm not sure what the OP's complaint is. It seems like this person WAS treated as innocent until proven guilty.

MakJuice

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
As the case was pardoned I'm not sure what the OP's complaint is. It seems like this person WAS treated as innocent until proven guilty.

You must not visit the League's tribunal forums often.

Exploding Barrel

11-16-2012

Hah, I think if you search my name you'll see I'm a regular here. I still don't see what point you're trying to make.

MakJuice

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Hah, I think if you search my name you'll see I'm a regular here. I still don't see what point you're trying to make.
How can you not see what point im trying to make did you not read the topic? It was about how false and inaccurate reports can be. This guy was reported for stealing a Penta kill.... Thats the point. Peoplemaking these types of reports and getting innocent players to be present in the tribunal... It doesnt matter if he was pardoned or not this player had ZERO reason to even be in the tribunal in the firrst place... You really dont get it which is even more sad to think about.

Exploding Barrel

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakJuice View Post
How can you not see what point im trying to make did you not read the topic? It was about how false and inaccurate reports can be. This guy was reported for stealing a Penta kill.... Thats the point. Peoplemaking these types of reports and getting innocent players to be present in the tribunal... It doesnt matter if he was pardoned or not this player had ZERO reason to even be in the tribunal in the firrst place... You really dont get it which is even more sad to think about.
A person accumulated many reports but they seem to be for minor or no reason. The Tribunal voted to Pardon. It seems that the system is working exactly as intended in this case. Which is great! I just don't see why there's a thread about that. It's good to celebrate the victories among all the complaining here though I guess.