Nami = Mermaid Janna

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarlock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I've been calling her 'Romlariel' internally because Romleski designed her game mechanics, but the lawyers wouldn't let us use that name because they thought it was too close to Ariel, and Creative believes Nami to be a better choice ;p I agree with them of course, but trolling Classick is part of my job.
You should call her slardet.

ChiefBvrcleaver

11-16-2012

I'm gonna call her Sue...Sue nami

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So wait, people can take legal action against "Romlariel"...

but they can't Sue Nami?

Whoever you are, strange person...if I ever, EVER find you in real life...I WILL slap you. Twice. I don't know when, but...if, by some chance, you are eating Thanksgiving dinner in the same house as I am...there WILL be Slapsgiving.

Fortunately for you, I'm sure that neither of us will ever meet.

...ever....

CorporateCommand

11-16-2012

Nami...Hm, Nami...Isn't that a One Piece character? I don't one-hundred percent know since the English version was so awful, I stayed away from all versions to try and forget the awfulness that still haunts me to this day. Similar to how I avoid all of Mass Effect after I finished Mass Effect 3 without the Ending DLC.

ploki122

11-16-2012

To all those that are sitll complaining about how Nami is a OP character, just try to think about it...
Do you REALLY think that it is possible to fin a cool, unique, and fitting name for every single champions? I'm pretty sure there was a guy called Pantheon, Orianna, Irelia, Janna, Sona, Corki, Skarner, etc before... they simply didn't get a thread because it wasn't a worldwide known manga/anime. Now is Nami taken from One Piece? Well I do agree that each other's tails and weapons are kinda look alike, but still.

Zerglinator

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Whoever you are, strange person...if I ever, EVER find you in real life...I WILL slap you. Twice. I don't know when, but...if, by some chance, you are eating Thanksgiving dinner in the same house as I am...there WILL be Slapsgiving.

Fortunately for you, I'm sure that neither of us will ever meet.

...ever....
Yep, that would be a weird coincidence. I'm sure it will NEVER happen.

Duke Br0heimer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
Will there ever be a champion who's designed solely for the purpose of trolling Classick?

I do hope so.

Stark Midnight

11-16-2012

I hope you all realize that Nami was not invented in One Piece and that character was given the name Nami because it already has backstory with the sea.

Hiriko

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
I assure you that Creative was wrong and it is your moral imperative to make them acutely aware of this fact.

(And its not okay to be similar to Disney characters, but One Piece is fine?)

Because you have a higher chance of getting the beat down from Disney. Disney is a insanely huge company, sure Disney is a "family" company but you get in their way or infringe on profits... that is worse then getting between a dog and his food.

EFG

11-16-2012

Quote:
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
Riot screwing up their priorities yet again