Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Headmistress Fiora sound effects - that is not the sound of a ruler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

11-16-2012

I love the Headmistress Fiora skin. But the sound effects are just wrong. She was supposed to have new sound. I haven't played classic Fiora, but Headmistress Fiora sounds as if she is using a sword to slash things, not a ruler to smack things.

This is most apparent during Blade Waltz, where the sound is crisp and separated by silence. Each attack is a distinct slash, instead of a smack.

I understand that she is using the correct sound effects, but I suggest that those sound files should be given a second look and modified slightly.

Tryndamere's autoattack is a good example of what smacking sounds like. Headmistress Fiora's sound effects are nothing like that.

Apollinarius

11-19-2012

Comments would be appreciated

Akuni

11-19-2012

I just stumbled upon this thread and yes, so much yes. When I read about the skin I was expecing a wooden ruler like smack sound. Ingame experience was a let-down.

But I'm not sure it will be changed as so many good suggestions (changing joke to draw a F+ or something, changing riposte particle to a piece of chalk, ...) were tossed around but left in the dust afaik (as in: no update statement).

Then again there were other skins who got positive updates after release (everything except dv Diana basically)...

I'd definitly vote for a revision of the skin.

Mibani

Recruiter

12-04-2012

I would actually want to play Fiora again if this was the case. A smack of a ruler would just make everyone giggle.

Being killed by a ruler... LUL