The Unexpected Meta Break.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FairyCharmed

01-18-2013

Er...
Does running Graves solo top and Teemo mid count as breaking the meta? If so, yeah. We did TERRIBLE because the frigging botlane started focusing me (Soraka) instead of the ADC (Draven) >.>
...yeah. But we won because Graves and Teemo got extremely fed lategame.

Archa Tyrael

01-18-2013

Well the other day the enemy team kinda decided to go all 5 mid in ranked(1200s elo). They shut down mid extremely fast and took the turret very quickly, then proceeded to repreat at other lanes whilst taking dragon as well. We tried, but being such a meta-breaking thing we didn't know how to react, we tried ganking from all lanes into mid and just fed them, by the time 20 minutes rolled by we only had 1 tower and 3 kills to their 20 kills. Their team was a strange comp as well, with leblanc, riven, lee sin, alistair and renekton.

Later we learned that leblanc insta-locked for mid when lee sin had already called mid. Alistair also wanted mid so he entered to troll with teleport/revive. Renekton and Riven just decided to try and win this by forcing mid. Alistair legit ran at our mid tower at level 1 to feed us but his team followed and got the mid killed with alistair dead by execute.

^ Whilst un-common and probably unviable at high elos, top graves is not a particularly bad choice. His passive makes him tanky, he has an escape and he can shut down some top laners. He has too many top lanes characteristics to make him survive and thrive there.

Stigmå

01-18-2013

The duo-jungle is always a pain.

Once faced a team that had a Nautilus support and Hecarim jungle running through the jungle together. Their gank was ridiculous. Hecarim is an extremely great ganker himself, but with Nautilus' pull, slow, and ulti. Augh.

Winot

01-18-2013

Malphite support.

Grizzlier

01-18-2013

I've lane swapped with mid a lot when I don't like who I'm facing top as wukong or if the mid doesn't like who they're facing and wukong dominates mid. He can dodge the majority of skill shots from mid champs and can harrass well with his e + q combo and his ult easily finishes people which at mid is nice because he gets it earlier. I think a lot of bruisers with gap closers could work well to counter ap mids. Also I feel duo jungle in place of a support could be very successful at countering the current meta although I feel I'd need a whole thread to explain it.

Adm Jackbar

01-18-2013

Lux Top. Counter bruiser all day.
Also, Janna mid
And pretty much anything SivHD suggests

phil002

01-18-2013

Duo qued with a buddy. He picked LeBlanc mid, then last pick said he was tired of losing to bad adc's as support so he went mid as well. I was solo bot sivir. Well LeBlanc farmed for a few minutes then roamed and got fed on ganks and I held my lane fine cause other teams bot lane got too aggressive and dove.

Worked cause no one raged

acidlol

01-18-2013

Vayne jungle! the ganks are just way too strong. But its a mostly ganking role not really jungle.. except for start and mid game.

Judge Grandis

01-18-2013

One time I was part of a team of all AP champs, with which we won hands down. Its a fluke though. I put more stock into the fact that I consistently and regular fare well when fielding Poppy as a jungler. I build her like any other AD jungler, learn 'W' first, then go for Red buff, learn 'E', and then gank early using ghost. I'm currently working on learning to jungle Alistar. There is a lot of potential and the ganking style is similar to Poppy's.

As An Aside: Having both an AP and AD character capable of dishing damage while the other three players tank, crowd control, and support them is a solid strategy, and what the meta is designed to create. Its not too far off from the old tank and spank. Games that change the meta concerning where the AP and AD champs farm their xp and gold are not really breaking the core of the ideology. If your mage goes top and manages to farm the lane well compared to who he or she is against, then it really isn't breaking meta. I don't put much stock into the reining meta personally, but its a prudent strategy. Its a safe bet when you don't know what kind of people your facing or know the capabilities of your teammates.

That said, what I do with Poppy or Alistar doesn't break meta either. My champ fills the role that many other champs often do. Without a genuine role change, the meta is preserved.

XNoodleMuncher

01-18-2013

Ap urgot!!