Don't understand the language? SKIP THE CASE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Not enough people seem to be doing this. I run into cases in Spanish where the person is toxic in Spanish but say nothing else in English, and too many times early on, the case got pardoned because people assume that if it's not your language, you should just pardon.

That's not how it works. Please make sure you understand the language. And I don't mean "go on Google to translate" -- if you can't speak it, don't judge it. Thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oficinaman

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingxs View Post
Not enough people seem to be doing this. I run into cases in Spanish where the person is toxic in Spanish but say nothing else in English, and too many times early on, the case got pardoned because people assume that if it's not your language, you should just pardon.

That's not how it works. Please make sure you understand the language. And I don't mean "go on Google to translate" -- if you can't speak it, don't judge it. Thank you.
Agreed, I myself can understand pretty well english, spanish and german, but when I see those asian characters (no offense intended) or the reported player writes in polish, for example, I just skip the case. It's a good rule as people who understand the language can judge the situation and those that don't, just cannot and that doesn't mean an "auto-Pardon".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I will still Punish cases with language I don't understand, if there's enough that I do understand to warrant it. However, I will never Pardon them - it's either Punish or Skip.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
I will still Punish cases with language I don't understand, if there's enough that I do understand to warrant it. However, I will never Pardon them - it's either Punish or Skip.
How can you determine if there is enough to punish if you cant understand. You see that someone is 4/10 and say they fed intentionally because more times than not their teamates have 6-10 deaths each themselves. you also cant determine if its abuse or offensive if you cant understand it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
I will still Punish cases with language I don't understand, if there's enough that I do understand to warrant it. However, I will never Pardon them - it's either Punish or Skip.
There are cases where they ARE abusive in a language that you DO understand. However, if they are not abusive in a language you understand, skip.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alanja

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I skip cases I don't understand.
There are enough people here who speak those languages so I don't need to judge on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

here are a few offensive words in spanish and portuguese to help you guys:

Concha de tu madre => p*ssy of your mother
Tu madre puta => your mom is a b*tch
Retardado => ret*rd
Lixo => trash/garbage
Filho da puta/ fdp => son of a b
Vadia => wh*re
Biscate => c*nt
Merda/Bosta => sh*t ("vocÍ ť um merda" = " you are sh*t")

happy punishing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
here are a few offensive words in spanish and portuguese to help you guys:
No. Do not judge on cases where you don't understand the language. Knowing swear words doesn't give any context, and context is often necessary to understand whether something is punishable or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingxs View Post
No. Do not judge on cases where you don't understand the language. Knowing swear words doesn't give any context, and context is often necessary to understand whether something is punishable or not.

I see no context that would make it alright to tell someone those bad words.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
I see no context that would make it alright to tell someone those bad words.
Two friends are trading insults and clearly laughing it off afterwards. A third person decides to report.

Quote:
The Chat Log may contain some colorful language. Try to distinguish between offensive speech and playful ribbing when reaching a verdict.
If I tell someone to stop being a noob idiot, that's offensive. If I tell my friend to stop being a noob idiot and he replies "no, YOU stop being a noob idiot" and we both "hahaha" afterwards, the context matters. If we do it in portuguese, this does not change.