How do I get out of ELO/LP Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krucifx

03-11-2013

Is there a trick? EVERY game I'm playing at the moment my team has a feeder/troll. It doesn't matter if I go 1-0-10 with support or 20-5-15 with mid/top/adc I always lose.

I try my best to calmly explain things and help my team mates, but they blatantly ignore me.

"Please place more wards, support"

"We need to push now"

"Go back! BACK! They're coming for bot"

Constantly ignored... I'm only playing in the hope that I'll eventually get out, but there's nothing I can do.

I lost 10 games in a row to drop all the way down to Bronze V, and not one game I was negative K:DR (let alone KA:DR).

Any ideas?

Jmaf

03-11-2013

Speaking from experience having one of my accounts in bronze 4 there is no elo hell. While I am not the best player here I do know that emotions on that level of play get pretty spicy. Elo hell basically says you gave up and believe your better then you are.

1 don't blame your team focus on you
2 acknowledge your mistakes .
3 make less mistakes
4 Maintain your vision
5 Maintain cs levels and don't play scared when you have advantage
6 go for objectives don't senselessly fight.
7 Learn to deny farm
8 Learn your lane match ups
9 counter play
10 Personal scores don't entirely matter if your still useful to your team.
11 DON'T rage. K?
12: Calm down those who are raging. Be friendly.

kingsofslayer

03-11-2013

this might be a random question and a dumb one too but what is elo/lp hell? I'm not level 30 yet so I don't know this I'm 2 levels away from becoming level 30 and I have the strongest felling that regular blind Mach vs. ranked Mach is not easily similar.

Summoning Izzy

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofslayer View Post
this might be a random question and a dumb one too but what is elo/lp hell? I'm not level 30 yet so I don't know this I'm 2 levels away from becoming level 30 and I have the strongest felling that regular blind Mach vs. ranked Mach is not easily similar.
while you're still new to the game, don't worry about ranked...ignore it for the meantime and get better in normals, if you can win 10 normal games in a row where you were the carry, or helped carry than i'd say go for ranked, until then ignore it...you'll thank me later for doing so.

BouncingDonut

03-11-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GxZ4JnN3Uc Problem solved

krucifx

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaf View Post
11 DON'T rage. K?
12: Calm down those who are raging. Be friendly.
I think these 2 are the biggest most important factors at this low level of play.

I will get losses, even many in a row, but if I avoid aggrevating team mates I am more likely to win more than I lose.

And once I get to that stage, I'm hopeful I'll be able to get up to a level where I feel comfortable playing (3/4 of my games at the moment are simply too easy, but no matter how hard I try and instill team work in to my teams, it doesn't always work).

Eviant

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaf View Post
Speaking from experience having one of my accounts in bronze 4 there is no elo hell. While I am not the best player here I do know that emotions on that level of play get pretty spicy. Elo hell basically says you gave up and believe your better then you are.
I'm sorry...I have to disagree with you. Just because you don't suffer with the trolls, doesn't mean others don't. I just got out of a game with two ADC's, one who wasn't particularly skilled with his graves, and the other one who was just being an ass. Got out of that one, queued up again, and wound up with a similar instance, only with two mids instead of two ADC's.

In the one game, my team's positioning was really poor, with only one tank (Me) as Malphite, trying to initiate on a Vayne and Karth, only to have the rest of my team caught out, due to them splitting up, or just plain old splitting up. Every team fight was like that.

That, sir, is a standard game for me. And I do know that I am better than my ranked rating, because the differences in play between the two queues are phenomenally different, with those in my normal queue playing so well (On both teams) that they could dance circles around the teams in Ranked.

krucifx

03-11-2013

It's the trolls and the uncontrollable feeders that get me mad.

I just want to get to a level where all players understand feeding is a bad thing...

I don't care if they feed from deaths in team fights, I'm talking about dieing due to lack of wards, over-extending, and just bad play.

Orcman21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-11-2013

Easiest way to get out, is to not get placed in it to begin with. In my placement matches I had 2 matches where we lost because of afkers. I was still placed in Bronze 1 going 6/10 wins. If you can't make it to Bronze 1 then you can't be blaming others for your troubles in the lower leagues.

Eviant

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcman21 View Post
Easiest way to get out, is to not get placed in it to begin with. In my placement matches I had 2 matches where we lost because of afkers. I was still placed in Bronze 1 going 6/10 wins. If you can't make it to Bronze 1 then you can't be blaming others for your troubles in the lower leagues.
I'm in the High end of Bronze 1...