What if Morello was Lead Designer?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sxy View Post
no matter how much u nerf irelia... she is always a powerhouse.. makes u think of how strong she was before all the nerfs.... my godd....
Her strength comes from Hiten style, great innate sustain on top of 75 true damage per AA. When all Irelia needs to dominate is a Trinity Force and GA, you know you know you have a powerful Champ on hand (her passive plus Merc's is a nice addition as well)

LordRandomness

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post

Not sure if you know what "Lead Content Designer" means.
I sort of figured it was an "OH WAIT, IRELIA IS NERFED INTO THE GROUND LOLOLOL MORELLO SUX" thread.

Mirror

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rincewind View Post
Just a question, since he's around..

How do you determine balance? Do you use purely a theoretical model, purely by the numbers, or do you take into account community feedback and feeling on champions?

I'm curious because of one of my preferred champions, Shaco, and the ire he seems to have been treated with over time. Someone told me that there was a red post somewhere in which it was basically stated that he was nerfed for being anti-fun, which seems a rather strange concept to me..
It's largely based in superstition. They poke and prod the numbers by 5s and 10s until people play the champion always/never, and the cycle begins on another.