Teamspeak Integration?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bestrafung

11-16-2012

My brother and I were talking the other day about how awesome it would be if you could somehow integrate teamspeak or another voip program into the actual hud of the game. each of your party's names and avatars on the left of the screen would be a perfect place as you could have a couple extra icons, one for mute (for the players with the screaming baby or loud music in the background), one for talking indicator, which could show up as a "no" sign if they had no mic etc. i think this would drastically enhance gameplay and make things alot more interesting. not sure how you would do it though. ill leave that up to the powers that be.

happy ganking!

DoYouEvenSummon

11-16-2012

I disagree.
It would be like xbox live: a bunch of angry teenagers shouting racial slurs at each other

Bestrafung

11-17-2012

thats what the mute button is for.

sbLroflwaffle

11-19-2012

the servers are already laggy enough, why integrate another unstable client? and spamming ts is just another reason to get reported and banned.

Saphlan

11-19-2012

It's an interesting idea which I've thought about before. Me and my friends talk over Skype while we play LoL so it would be similar.
But seeing the way people portray themselves with their typing makes me want to agree with DoYouEvenSummon. The mute button does seem to resolve that, so I hope this post gains momentum!

Kidstein

11-19-2012

i agree with this this is a team game and how are u able to communicate with you're team typing 80% of people don't read when they are busy so if they are about to get ganked from mid lane roaming and bot lane is busy fighting so in this case it helps people with calling there mia or ss and look at the comps they are all talking via chat system to communicate and get the word across easy and fast without stoping to type and there should also be a mute system so if there is little kids being dicks then mute them and also it MUST!! be a push to talk not voice because then people dont have background noise that is really annoying and can put you off

BigScary

11-21-2012

I think the communication problem can be solved without chat or audio by giving us direction pings (let us draw green or red arrows on the map with our mice). Then there's no opportunity for ******tery at all, because there's no freeform chat and no freeform voice.

Also the freeform voice would be difficult for the tribunal to review quickly, since they'd have to listen to the whole recording instead of quickly scanning a chat log which shows only the active points and none of the silence in between. Also audio recordings take a lot more space than chat logs, but I guess space is cheap.

Bestrafung

11-25-2012

the vocal parts of the game would not be up for judicial review i guess unless someone had a screen recording which could be sent in.

PlezDieForMe

11-25-2012

First i would like too say this would be awesome. It would take alot of time for riot to really get this working but it would be an awesome addition. Second thing no matter what people abuse mic's but muting them would solve it also people abuse chat too so no matter what you still get racial slurs hazing and other things. So i dont see much of a problem with the mic integration the pros that it would bring far out way the cons imo.