Which would you support?

A. Allow in game UI modification in size, location and configuration of the HUD. 6 54.55%
B. Reconfigure the camera center location down roughly 200 in game units (variable to screen res) 1 9.09%
C. Move and lock HUD information to the corners of the screen. 2 18.18%
D. Lock the field of view into a circle in the center of the screen. 1 9.09%
E. Zoom out more. 7 63.64%
F. A combination of some or all of the above. 3 27.27%
G. Rotate the Summoners Rift map 45 degrees clockwise, creating a balanced field of battle. 3 27.27%
H. No change. 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Fix the Field of View

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumenarcus

11-16-2012

I made a post regarding the view area, but I believe I should have posted it here. So here we go. Since this game is considered competitive, then variables need to be eliminated to mitigated any kind of one sided advantage.

I propose a number of fixes that shouldn't be hard to fix. And one that would change summoners rift. A detailed explination of each will be covered later to cut to the chase.

A. Allow in game UI modification in size, location and configuration of the HUD.
B. Reconfigure the camera center location down roughly 200 in game units (variable to screen res)
C. Move and lock HUD information to the corners of the screen.
D. Lock the field of view into a circle in the center of the screen.
E. Zoom out more.
F. A combination of some or all of the above.
G. Rotate the Summoners Rift map 45 degrees clockwise, creating a balanced field of battle.
H. No change.

Explanation.
First off, I don't play with a locked screen before people start bashing people who do.
Due to the angle of summoners rift, it causes some problems viewing wise. League of Legends seeks to be a competitive game but must make changes to have a balanced map in all cases.
Flat out, every player should see the same game to a degree. Graphics quality ect I understand. But no player should have any additional viewing space due to having more pixels on the screen. Period end of story.
Currently centering the camera or locking the camera gives players an advantage if they are lower than their opponent. Play testing, I have found using Ezreal with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 You can see roughly 550 below your character, and over 1100 above your character. You can take into account you will see the upper half of the enemy below you, and the feet of them above you. But the HUD at the bottom of the screen takes up critical viewing areas.
Allowing to Customize the HUD and adjusting the camera centering would allow players to calibrate their screens and balance the potential advantage / disadvantage. Also making changes such as putting allied portraits near the mini map to allow a quick survey of the map.
If that is not possible, then simply rotating Summoners Rift 45 degrees clockwise would be another possibility. It is speculated from my friends that this would greatly change the game.

Whatever happens, I'll still play. I truly believe this would enhance the game and progress the game forward. But that is up to speculation, the opinion of the masses, and ultimately, the developers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumenarcus

11-20-2012

Need more votes.