Game crashes upon launch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumek

11-20-2013

I'm able to log on, join games just fine. After champ select exits and the game starts up though, I get a message saying League of legends has crashed, click here to reconnect. I Press the button, the first time it worked, I got back in and everything was fine. Everyone else in that game was not connected and slowing connecting to the loading screen once the client rebooted, so I figured it was a server hiccup or something. The next game I tried I got the same crash message, but now the client won't reappear after I say reconnect. The screen just doesn't pop up. THe task manager says the game is running, and I can see the riot games logo on my toolbar and everything, but the game client itself doesn't seem to be opening. I've been trying to get in for like, 10 minutes now with no success and probably just screwed up that game for my team. Any idea what's causing this?

EDIT: forgot to mention, the game also doesn't load the post-game stats.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elduris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

11-20-2013

Hello!

I'll quote a solution posted by another player:

Quote:
1. Go to: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\x.x.x.xxx (folder with LARGEST number IE 0.0.0.238)\deploy

2. In this folder, delete or RENAME two files, LogitechGKey.dll and LogitechLed.dll. This should hopefully cause your client to not crash anymore. I would recommend just renaming these files, or if you are going do delete them MAKE SURE you make a copy of them first, in case you need to restore them in the future.
Let me know if that works for you!