Elo hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quexana

11-16-2012

I used to be one of those players you hate. In fact, I used to be worse than those players. I hit lvl. 30 about midway through season 2 and couldn't wait to play ranked. I'd routinely lose my lane. I'd play champions for the first time in ranked. My elo went down to the basement of elo hell. It got as low as the 70's, not the 700's, the 70's. And I deserved to be there. What I did was narrow my focus. I picked 3 champions to concentrate on (for me it was Taric, Vayne, and Udyr). And I concentrated on only the basics of each character. For example, if I was Taric in lane, I'd wait for my opportunity, then stun, do my RW combo, then I'd run away. If I was Vayne, I'd play super passive and just farm, farm, farm. I wouldn't engage before I got my IE and a Zeal unless I was forced to. If I was Udyr, I'd pick the most snowbally champ on my team, and prioritize getting that champion fed over all others. Slowly but, surely, my efforts began to make a difference. I started turning things around. I wouldn't win every game, because you're right, there's only so much you can do. But by the end of Season Two, I had a 61% win/loss ratio with Taric, a 48% win/loss ratio with Vayne, and a 58% win/loss ratio with Udyr. By that time I had also began playing Maokai and Alistar and was posting 60% win/loss ratios with them as well. When season 2 ended, I had pulled my elo back up to over 600 (still terrible, I know, but much improved and I was still keeping my overall win/loss ratio at roughly 55-60%). During my placement matches for season 3 I doubled-down on the fundamental aspects of my champions. I tried to do what each champ does well, to the best of my ability, and I tried to not be a hero and do things that those champs don't do well. I went 7-3 in my placement matches and was put at 1050 elo after the reset. I've been able to maintain that elo (so far) and am bit by bit raising it even higher.

Tl;DR--Go back to basics. Focus on the 3-5 champions you're best at. Do what they're good at and don't over extend yourself. Help your snowbally champs to snowball (A bad Darius can still win you the game if he's fed). Ping for everybody. I play a lot of support so I concentrate on map awareness. I often have to call mias for other lanes when they fail to do so, or ping objectives or ping people to be careful when I see the enemy jungler headed their way. Be the glue guy, the guy that holds your team together when things go wrong. That is what has worked for me so far on my attempt to climb out of elo hell.

Quexana

11-16-2012

After today, using my advice, I've increased my elo to 1150 and got that gorgeous silver badge on my profile. I'm now 16-8 in the new season.

Drag0nBread

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres313 View Post
How is it humanly possible to get out of ELO hell i seriously thought there was a way of "carrying" at start of S3 but i just cant see it after losing games for so many dumb reasons 1.AFKERS 2.People get discouraged so fast and just troll after one bad thing happens and no madder what i do or say they just continue to troll and lose game 3.Just bad people in general play at the lower level ELO who just have hit 30 or has little experience with the game (which i have over 1500 games played under my belt) they are just totally oblivious to the meta or how to ward properally they think its the supports job when what there gonna go allllllll the way top lane from bottom just to ward a bush or river and let there ad carry get zoned and lose the exp they need 4.People who think they counter the other person and just get owned they dont realize player skill is a big key in the game. Would really love some advice from some people who somehow from the grace of god carried themselves out of 1000-1400 elo its like the lower my elo gets which was at 1300 now 1000 in just one day the more the teams troll,afk,feed,make bad decisions, and everything else in-between PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ACTUAL advice and no trolling i will just delete thread if so really don't want to deal with anymore meanie heads.
Thanks
Sincerely,
Torres313
Well I started playing ranked a week before season 2 ended, lost most my placement matches due to afks and trolls, ended up in the 1050 area, and still managed to get to 1435 before season 2 ended, (ill never have my Janna skin Q.Q). You're bound to lose games due to afks and trolls sometimes, but as long as you try hard you'll move up in the world pretty quickly. There are a few guidelines I use that might help.
1. Learn to take blame; yes everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
2. Be polite no matter what; yelling at someone doesn't make them play better.
3. Don't play the blaming game; it's better to drop something or even take blame for it then let your team self destruct.
4. Play every role so you can allow everyone to get what they want; when someone gets the role they want they are bound to be friendlier and play better.
5. Drop the notion of elo hell, all this does is demoralize you.
6. Encourage your team mates; give them praise when they do things well or make a good play, and give them redirection if the make a mistake (be polite about though).

Torres313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnuke View Post
Should have waiter a couple weeks to do placements, so all the bads, trolls, and new players get back down to where they belong.
you know now i wish i did that but im to deep in now lol

Rillain

11-18-2012

Just play jungle and mid. Always ask if someone is willing to play support and make sure you get jungle or mid... lol