@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

cant believe people actually give a damn about this LOLOL. Not once have I thought damn, all these champs have big boobs LOL pretty pathetic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JagenBlitz

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
"You should never critique an artist's work ever"
As an artist, I welcome critique, I welcome the person who can make me feel all sorts of wrong for doing what I thought was right artistically because without someone telling me I was wrong I cannot grow as an artist.
That being said it's not really the Parrot's fault to begin with.
I like how you ignored 90% of what that guy said because you don't have a counterargument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashyperson View Post
I don't think of big breasts on mermaids I think of tight firm asses thank you very much.

Also you should be careful when speaking on behalf of an entire sexual orientation in the very possible case that you are wrong and putting words into someones mouth.

Third, since when does sexy involve big breasts? I can think of plenty of women with below average breast sizes that are incredibly sexy.
First off, how many mermaids are depicted with asses? Secondly, nothing in that quote was "speaking on behalf of an entire sexual orientation". You should work on your reading comprehension, because there's a key word you're missing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pira8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

The matter of fact is *** sells it appeals to the masses. Riot doing something against it would be going against business model that has proven again and again to be profitable. They probably have charts in there office: bigger boobs/revealing in a positive regression.

In this day and age when you have a 100 pound model holding a big mac. It makes me wonder which one tastes better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forlier

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
"You should never critique an artist's work ever"
As an artist, I welcome critique, I welcome the person who can make me feel all sorts of wrong for doing what I thought was right artistically because without someone telling me I was wrong I cannot grow as an artist.
That being said it's not really the Parrot's fault to begin with.
Wrong.

"you should never imply something which heavily offends, even if indirectly, the person in question, if said person's behavior in that particular situation has been nothing short o exemplar".
You seem a smart person, please don't degrade neither me nor you by trying to oversimplify a statement which is not that simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laquert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablosangelis View Post
I have two issues with your comment on gender dictating what type of abuse is okay. The first also relates to your comment on my TL,DR, and is simply that I was pointing out that misogyny, or the hatred of women, is necessary in the context of a female hero, as the villain must hate the hero (in a simplistic interpretation), and by strict definition, that is misogyny. The male counterpart, misandry, is never used simply because a man hating a man, or hurting a man, or torturing a man, is something no one thinks twice about. In fact, it is possible to write a female misandrist as a hero and it be justified. This leads into my second point, which was the primary point: the word misogyny comes up if you have a female hero--the villain must be a misogynist... isn't it more likely they just don't like the hero?
Yes it is. That's what's problematic about any male vs female conflict: it's easy to see that a male might not like another male on a personal level, but somehow when one side is female it stops becoming about personal interaction and becomes a gender dispute. Man vs man != man vs woman.

Quote:
As to your final point, yes: still torture, still rape. Interpretation would be different, execution of it in a manner that could be portrayed in a non-adult film/M-game would be more difficult, but it is still the same. If you'd like explicit explanations, I can go further--rape of men, by both men and women, does occur, as does sexualized torture of men by both men and women.
I'm vaguely aware of such things, but now I'm sorry I brought it up. :S That's a can of worms no one on this forum is prepared to deal with. Men on men and women on men is problematic to even discuss because no one talks about it, no one thinks about it, and no one even wants to think about it.

To accurately bring rape into a gender inequality discussion you'd have to properly separate the power dynamics from the gender dynamics, and that's hard. So whoops to me, I didn't go anywhere with this.

Could you elaborate the difficulties with the "interpretation and execution" of such a scene though? Just the fact that there are differences in the first place suggests that gender is relevant to such a scene.

Quote:
My primary point here is simple: I believe in equal treatment, which means I see no difference in a hero being tortured regardless of gender
You are a winner.

Quote:
--the difference in how it is done is a side effect of differences in anatomy. The issue here is that if the villain is male and the hero female, he MUST be a a misogynist... but if the hero is male, the villain isn't a misandrist.

Technically speaking, one should hate all members of the female gender to be a misogynist, or all members of the male gender to be a misandrist--and I find it doubtful that villains are usually developed to an extent that we can say that about them--although there are a few circumstances where that is the case.
While you emphasize that there is indeed an issue with misogyny being assumed on a character's part and misandry not, my issue isn't with the technical incorrectness of the use of the terms. I want to emphasize that male vs female possibly being misogyny and male vs male never being misandry is a problem that needs to be fixed. It's assuming that gender is somehow always relevant and significant in any male/female interaction that is the problem.


PS: I haven't forgotten you Gixia. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jocular

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fLUORESC3NT View Post
Just make a female version of Gragas to shut up the whiny and/or insecure feminazis.
Riot pls
Pick a dish and consume it for the rest of your life. When you can't stand it anymore, come back and join the argument utilizing only the parts of your anatomy that can rationalize.

The problem isn't that boobs exists; the problem is that we have a bunch of champions that are completely different, with the exception of one feature. What if everyone had the same ultimate? What if annie had the same boobs as most of the female champions?

It's like if every woman (irl) had the same hairstyle. Sure, they might all have a great hairstyle, but they're different people who don't need to ALL have the same hairstyle.

At some point it's like only eating candy. You and people like you are the children who never tire of eating ice cream and chocolate and gummi bears. The rest of us get sick of candy and need some real food.

Do I care if Riot changes anything. Not really. Do I care when children mock adults? Yeah, it bothers me like annie with D cups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FailTsukkomi

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
Pick a dish and consume it for the rest of your life. When you can't stand it anymore, come back and join the argument utilizing only the parts of your anatomy that can rationalize.

The problem isn't that boobs exists; the problem is that we have a bunch of champions that are completely different, with the exception of one feature. What if everyone had the same ultimate? What if annie had the same boobs as most of the female champions?

It's like if every woman (irl) had the same hairstyle. Sure, they might all have a great hairstyle, but they're different people who don't need to ALL have the same hairstyle.

At some point it's like only eating candy. You and people like you are the children who never tire of eating ice cream and chocolate and gummi bears. The rest of us get sick of candy and need some real food.

Do I care if Riot changes anything. Not really. Do I care when children mock adults? Yeah, it bothers me like annie with D cups.
You need an appointment with your optometrist if you think Nami's the same as Elise, MF, etc. She's got A, B-ish cups. She just shows a bit of cleavage and everyone's in an uproar.

Let's not even talk about how her attitude, pose, lines, etc. are all innocent and playful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slashyperson

Junior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagenBlitz View Post
First off, how many mermaids are depicted with asses? Secondly, nothing in that quote was "speaking on behalf of an entire sexual orientation". You should work on your reading comprehension, because there's a key word you're missing.
Perhaps the part where he said "Even gay people think of big breasts". Pretty sure claiming that all gay people (gay is the sexual orientation here in case you were wondering) think of big breasts when thinking of mermaids is a gross over generalization when I'm sure there are varying thoughts of what mermaids mean to different people even amongst the gay community.

Also plenty of mermaids are depicted with asses. You know how mermaids are depicted sitting on rocks and what not? Like sirens of folklore? What do you think they are sitting on?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-17-2012

-524

HOW is this thread still open?

Out of the two years I've been here this is the highest amount of downvotes I have ever seen on a non-riot post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jocular

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailTsukkomi View Post
You need an appointment with your optometrist if you think Nami's the same as Elise, MF, etc. She's got A, B-ish cups. She just shows a bit of cleavage and everyone's in an uproar.

Let's not even talk about how her attitude, pose, lines, etc. are all innocent and playful.
Sorry man, I think you misunderstood. I was quoting someone's sarcasm about creating females to be like Gragas. I wasn't talking about the new champion, so I'll take your word for it.

I haven't yet gotten a good look at the new champion... nor am I an expert on women's boobs. The point of my argument was to point out that variety can actually be the spice of life; despite how cliche is sounds, there is some truth to that.

Edit: And speaking of optometrists... jk, I can see how you inferred Nami into the discussion =]