@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
Except it DOES add something. Rather than the traditional hip-transition that 99% of mermaids have between fish and human halves, Nami's human side only comes out in the folds giving way to her breasts. Otherwise, she'd be just zipped up in fish scales.

There could be alternates to her design, but also, again, seriously. You're talking about a chick that's UNDERWATER. She's not going to be ****ing bogged down in clothes that get soaked and weigh her down and make it difficult to swim, etc. THINK, people. My god.
That's a failure on the core design as a whole- they could EASILY have a design that bleeds between both forms without it being split down the middle drasically WITHOUT having her be so showy. NOT ONLY THIS but her having her boobs out so much, as I've said before, isnt' hydrodynamic. Just don't give her breasts to begin with and replace it with other, better, aquatic-life designs such as the frills they used for the "zipper" effect. Design isn't a hard thing, RIOT just seems to be looking for excuses to show off boobs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinofExodus

Junior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashyperson View Post
On the topic of Mermaids being sexualized and synonymous with beauty, why does everyone assume that means that mermaids would have big breasts? Coming from a biological standpoint big breasts would just be a hindrance to any aquatic mammalian creature. When your primary habitat is beneath the water as is your food source and any common predators it would make more sense to have a streamlined body to reduce drag.
-snip-
A mermaid with big breasts would have been at a larger risk for starvation from not being able to catch food for nourishment and at a larger risk of predation by faster more streamlined threats. Natural selection would have taken the large boobs trait out near the start of her species.

Mythology and Biology are two COMPLETELY contrasting ideals. If people were to accept what you say, then we would also be questioning the significance and origin of Zeus and his ability to cast lightning bolts...and as you know, there is no biological evidence that supports Zeus being able to do this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JagenBlitz

Senior Member

11-17-2012

People trying to apply logic and the concept of practicality to a game that has anthropomorphic rats, magical card wielders, and whatever the **** Teemo is.

Jesus. I might as well just ask why all the blade wielding champs in this game exist when graves has a giant cannon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weeks1

Senior Member

11-17-2012

I make a point of only playing Dynasty Ahri precisely because of how egregious her main skin is.

Making more "reserved" or less sexualized designs helps appeal to a wider audience. It's not like there's a dearth of boobs in this game (or anywhere on the Internet) that would harm your sales or anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
That's a failure on the core design as a whole- they could EASILY have a design that bleeds between both forms without it being split down the middle drasically WITHOUT having her be so showy. NOT ONLY THIS but her having her boobs out so much, as I've said before, isnt' hydrodynamic. Just don't give her breasts to begin with and replace it with other, better, aquatic-life designs such as the frills they used for the "zipper" effect. Design isn't a hard thing, RIOT just seems to be looking for excuses to show off boobs.
That's just stupid. And her breasts are pretty darn small to begin with, they look in the B-range. And MERMAIDS HAVE BOOBS. For crying out loud.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagenBlitz View Post
People trying to apply logic and the concept of practicality to a game that has anthropomorphic rats, magical card wielders, and whatever the **** Teemo is.

Jesus. I might as well just ask why all the blade wielding champs in this game exist when graves has a giant cannon.
Having logic design-wise in a fantasy game is not a weakness. If anything it gives rise to even more creative things. Go to deviant art and look up some biologically realistic pokemon designs; not only are they good but the provide an excellent example of a balance between fantasy and biology.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquidHC

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
See: Cassiopeia. Being half monstrous with a top half with breasts prominently on display is still conforming to certain standards. I want a female champ that breaks convention - not does it halfway.
If you want to play a chick with no ****, play Lux.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Besteality

Senior Member

11-17-2012

@IronStylus

Ok....is it wrong I actually sang your entire version out loud? (yeah...I'm that gay. Deal with it. lol)

This needs audio!

If I were to make an actual recording, How could I get it to you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
We did. We got Diana. Probably one of the worst looking champs released recently, given the godawful hair pulled back (seriously, other chicks, stop doing that. It never looks good. Ever.) and ruined DVD changes. No thanks.
Almost forgot about Diana

Another good champ design.

You're probably some teenage boy still going through puberty. There's porn for that you know.
Women deserve to be represented fairly in a non-sexualized way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
That's just stupid. And her breasts are pretty darn small to begin with, they look in the B-range. And MERMAIDS HAVE BOOBS. For crying out loud.
"that's stupid"
quality argument
And as for mermaids having boobs: have you seen a mermaid then? I suppose if you have that means you're an expert at mermaid biology, please tell us more about what mermaids look like as I'm very curious.
Ribbing aside, it wouldn't hurt riot to take some creative licensing and upsetting the status quo just a smidge- especially in regards to the superfluous, and actually harmful to practicality, detail of cleavage.