@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

11-17-2012

Ugh. I dunno - when I heard we had a mermaid champ, I was sort of resigned to clamshell bra because, well, mermaids. So if she'd been a mermaid with that sort of boobage, whatever, it still sucks but that's the standard.

Now that I've looked at this design, I'm a little disappointed, because other than the tail Nami isn't a standard clamshell-bra mermaid - and yet we've still got all that cleavage, because ?. It's otherwise a fantastic design - and then we have HELLO BOOB WINDOW.

It's definitely not the most egregious design we've had, but it's really getting a bit tired. Each time, IronStylus pops into these threads and insists he's working on providing us with more variety/less overtly sexualised champs. Each time we get a new female champion we get to have the exact same conversation again, because clearly no-one is actually serious about this.

Shingro

11-17-2012

the thing that blows my mind is that nami's boobs aren't even all that good, it's kindof a streach to say she's sexualized at all with her being 70% monster and 30% human c_c

much less OVERsexualized.

It's this 0 concession view that will drive everyone away from you

ihatebikeshorts

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
ITT: Cleavage is only allowed if you're trying to seduce someone. Remember ladies, no showing off the girls for fashion's sake!
I'm saying that the cleavage detail adds NOTHING to a character whose personality or situation would not directly benefit or be accentuated by it. And for fashion? I suppose Sona would be a good example of cleavage for "fashion" sake, but then you look at champions like Irelia and really question why it's there to begin with. She's a warrior, not someone who's trying to make a fashion statement, and yet there she is with her chest (and neck and underarms and lungs) exposed for her enemies to see and take advantage of in a combat situation. Let me be clear there is nothing wrong with cleavage if it makes sense for it to be there, otherwise it is superfluous and moreover pointless

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

What the **** is wrong with this society that we're seriously complaining about attractive women? Seriously out of everything wrong with the ****ing country right now it's this absolutely INSANE bull**** that pisses me off almost more than anything else that isn't a major issue.

Slashyperson

11-17-2012

On the topic of Mermaids being sexualized and synonymous with beauty, why does everyone assume that means that mermaids would have big breasts? Coming from a biological standpoint big breasts would just be a hindrance to any aquatic mammalian creature. When your primary habitat is beneath the water as is your food source and any common predators it would make more sense to have a streamlined body to reduce drag.

If anything she should have had a sleek smooth upper body with a generally flat chest and a toned rear end to represent the larger muscle mass she would have from using her tail as her only mode of transport. A mermaid with big breasts would have been at a larger risk for starvation from not being able to catch food for nourishment and at a larger risk of predation by faster more streamlined threats. Natural selection would have taken the large boobs trait out near the start of her species.

DnX Athrapy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Just thought I'd say, I logged in(which I never do) just to give you a downvote.

ihatebikeshorts

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingro View Post
the thing that blows my mind is that nami's boobs aren't even all that good, it's kindof a streach to say she's sexualized at all with her being 70% monster and 30% human c_c

much less OVERsexualized.

It's this 0 concession view that will drive everyone away from you
With Nami specifically, it's not that her boobs are unrealistic/oversexualize her, it's that the cleavage is an unnecessary detail that adds nothing to the character itself and it doesn't make sense practically speaking because that design isn't hydrodynamic in the least. Case in point: look up female Olympic swimmers and look at what they were: it's practical and it still shows off some curves.

nothingxs

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Friday View Post
Riot is going to keep using the excuse "Well it makes sense this time"

Look at Zyra, look at Elise.
Both supposed to be monstrous and cool.

But have cleavage up to their chin.

Why cant we have more champs like Leona? Non-sexualized, cool woman champ.
You say this, but I literally have a girls-in-platemail fetish. *^_^*

Avalon Bright

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
With Nami specifically, it's not that her boobs are unrealistic/oversexualize her, it's that the cleavage is an unnecessary detail that adds nothing to the character itself and it doesn't make sense practically speaking because that design isn't hydrodynamic in the least. Case in point: look up female Olympic swimmers and look at what they were: it's practical and it still shows off some curves.
Except it DOES add something. Rather than the traditional hip-transition that 99% of mermaids have between fish and human halves, Nami's human side only comes out in the folds giving way to her breasts. Otherwise, she'd be just zipped up in fish scales.

There could be alternates to her design, but also, again, seriously. You're talking about a chick that's UNDERWATER. She's not going to be ****ing bogged down in clothes that get soaked and weigh her down and make it difficult to swim, etc. THINK, people. My god.

iimthomas

11-17-2012

because boobs man