@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-17-2012

I actually like Nami BECAUSE, despite Elise, she isn't showing boob everywhere. She's got the cleavage, sure, but it's very modest and a small part of the design, almost an afterthought to all the work they put into the fact that she's an awesome-looking champion. People need to slow their rolls.

im not dan

11-17-2012

You're basically asking Victoria's Secret to stop using models/Photoshop and use you or your mom instead.

ihatebikeshorts

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingxs View Post
I actually like Nami BECAUSE, despite Elise, she isn't showing boob everywhere. She's got the cleavage, sure, but it's very modest and a small part of the design, almost an afterthought to all the work they put into the fact that she's an awesome-looking champion. People need to slow their rolls.
Don't get me wrong, I like Nami- Hell I'm going to play the **** out of her because everythign about her design, except the cleavage is wonderful. I'm more against the showiness of her design because it adds nothing to the actual character. With Ahri and Cassiopeia, those champions have REASONS to be kind of sexy, Zyra to an extent as well. But Nami isn't a seductress, she's not trying to be provacative. If anything the cleavage is a superfluous aspect of the design because it doesn't reflect the core idea of "Regal Mermaid"- tell me, how many nobles have you seen that show off the goods like that? Moreover, this particular design isn't hydrodynamic in the slightest, so not only does it not make sense it isnt' even practical.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Syndra doesn't have overly large breasts? Are you serious?
I could give or take Syndra. The original art is pretty large, but it's also at a very skewed angle that has us looking up at them. They don't seem quite so big at all in the Justicar art, or her arm in front of them would be at a different angle.

Most, though, no. Believe it or not "D cups", where most LoL champs fall (C-D, really), are not "overly large." At all. Come back when literally every lady in the game is sporting Sona-boobs. (Which I'm just fine with, as she's a classy lady anyway <_<)

ihatebikeshorts

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Driven View Post
You're basically asking Victoria's Secret to stop using models/Photoshop and use you or your mom instead.
And why not? Beauty isn't objective and neither is the concept of "sexy". It's a subjective thing that the media will try to convince you otherwise of. Saying that beauty is objective is blinding oneself to the fact taht everyone has different, valid tastes. Victoria's Secret is part of the problem: The perpetuation of the misconception that beauty can be objectively measured by a woman's bust size and weight.

nothingxs

Recruiter

11-17-2012

You're trippin'. Let her be free. Let her let them hang out.

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Riot is going to keep using the excuse "Well it makes sense this time"

Look at Zyra, look at Elise.
Both supposed to be monstrous and cool.

But have cleavage up to their chin.

Why cant we have more champs like Leona? Non-sexualized, cool woman champ.

Avalon Bright

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Nami- Hell I'm going to play the **** out of her because everythign about her design, except the cleavage is wonderful. I'm more against the showiness of her design because it adds nothing to the actual character. With Ahri and Cassiopeia, those champions have REASONS to be kind of sexy, Zyra to an extent as well. But Nami isn't a seductress, she's not trying to be provacative. If anything the cleavage is a superfluous aspect of the design because it doesn't reflect the core idea of "Regal Mermaid"- tell me, how many nobles have you seen that show off the goods like that? Moreover, this particular design isn't hydrodynamic in the slightest, so not only does it not make sense it isnt' even practical.
ITT: Cleavage is only allowed if you're trying to seduce someone. Remember ladies, no showing off the girls for fashion's sake!

Avalon Bright

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Friday View Post
Riot is going to keep using the excuse "Well it makes sense this time"

Look at Zyra, look at Elise.
Both supposed to be monstrous and cool.

But have cleavage up to their chin.

Why cant we have more champs like Leona? Non-sexualized, cool woman champ.
We did. We got Diana. Probably one of the worst looking champs released recently, given the godawful hair pulled back (seriously, other chicks, stop doing that. It never looks good. Ever.) and ruined DVD changes. No thanks.

Dryad Soraka

11-17-2012

get over it