@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-15-2012

*advocates a position while completely agreeing and understanding OP's line of thought*
sigh...it is your right to be offended op. sorry if you misunderstood anything I wrote.

apparently some would have me to be an ignorant savage...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

sigh...now the OP is intentionally ignoring points of disagreement to avoid admitting being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
fizz is a fish-humanoid but you dont see him walking around with a *****
why does the female fish-hybrid need mammalian parts?
Because animal ***** retracts when they aren't using it for obvious adaptive purposes. You can't retract boobs because there's no point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
I made an analogy at the same level of IQ that the argument was being presented in.

"Hey look, a half human, half fish that is far curvier than necessary to depict it as a woman! Take a look at Kogmaw, that male demon worm thingy. He's a male, but he looks nothing like a male human, so therefore you shouldn't give the mermaid boobs!"
if thats the case how do we know kog is male if he looks nothing like a male human?
are you all so dense that if a champion doesnt have **** flying in your face you can't tell if its a female or not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nearby Shrub View Post
thats like men saying, man i really hate how most if not all adult looking fully-humanoid men champions in LoL are all barrel-chested and overly muscular

A woman can't grow DDDs over time...or at all after puberty is over. Unless she gets plastic surgery.

A man, however, has the potential to become very muscular if he desires.


(also, that comment about male champions has been said a lot and I believe they're making an average-looking guy?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
there are plenty of women without boobs and boobs arent the only things that differentiate us from males
(hip/shoulder width, hand/feet size, idk their faces maybe. god forbid their clothing does the trick either)
and also this isn't about what disney did, they have their own slew of problems.
derailing is foolish, this is about riot making ideal-body-type female humanoid champs one after another.

One of my favorite champs in this game is Lux, and I think we can agree she is the farthest thing from over sexualized. I think that her design, (everything from her clothes to her hair style and proportions) fit her backstory and make sense. When they said mermaid and I saw Nami it fit in my mind. I didn't look straight at her **** and say "sweet boobs" I looked at the champ as a whole and thought "ok this looks like a mermaid water mage"


Also to everyone saying "if you disagree your ignorant" That statement is so insulting and counter productive. I disagree with the Op's statement not because I look at women in an objectifying way. But because I think riot is making good choices with their design lately and dont think this mermaid is over sexualized. So get off your high horse and have a real conversation with someone instead of assuming everyone that doesn't think they way you do is a pig.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-15-2012

You want a logical, rational point to the silly point you're trying to make? Fine. Here it goes.

You're being far, far too nitpicky here. This isn't a "lolboobfest" situation. It is cleavage, sure, but it isn't grossly overdone, nor the main focal point of the design. The deep-v works with the "outfit", if you will, ie the frilly collar.

The first picture you presented is an awful way to make a nonbiased point. You have to scroll down to see the whole model, and the weapon is off to the side. OBVIOUSLY, the first thing you are going to see there is the cleavage. It's centered for you.

But open the second link, and you have the in-game model as you'd normally see it. Do you know what features of the model most peoples' eyes will be drawn to? The, uh, FISH TAIL, and that giant crescent staff of hers. Those are the prominent features.

The fact that you insist on complaining about a bit of stylistic cleavage is just petty. Don't champion your cause with this champ. The model is fine, the art is fine. Champ design is a long process. There hasn't been that much time between Elise's release and Nami's. Certainly not enough for Riot to make good on the promise of addressing the 'lolboobfest' issue. If you would pass up on an incredible support champ just because you are trying to hold Riot to impossible standards in terms of development, well, that's your own loss and I feel sorry for you that you'll be missing out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Exactly. The boobs on her character design are sloppy. If she had demure smallish breasts, that would fit her voice acting and also her overall character design as a lithe serpentine creature of the sea.
I agree with this. Her voice is very cute/spunky, like a fiery teenage girl.
to just slap her with the generic one-size breasts they've been doing recently on all female champions... it just doesn't cut it.

but regardless, tiny **** don't sell as well as bigger ones. so to hell with characterizations, as long as it gets them money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
if thats the case how do we know kog is male if he looks nothing like a male human?
are you all so dense that if a champion doesnt have **** flying in your face you can't tell if its a female or not?
We know he's male because he was called "he" in the lore.

Someone out there was saying he was a female looking at his Deep Sea or Monarch skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animato View Post
okay, i get the point behind this rant, but i feel like there's something people are missing with nami and the recent releases of female champs. they've heard your opinions and are probably working on it. but you can't expect them to come out with something this soon. they are probably working on the model and animations. they have so much on their plate right now, that it was probably easier to use similar design/models for this set of champions while they work out season 3 stuff. they've given us a new support AND a water champ...something that has been asked for for a long time, plus a whole new set of support items, and a long range of new items for all roles, a revamped version of the twisted treeline and a changed jungle, a growing list of reworks and changed masteries. i think riot has a lot on their plates and they are doing their best to work down the pile of things they want to accomplish.
you can't expect them to drop all other projects that are/were being worked on to start from scratch on a new female model. give them time.

*Patiently waits for IronStylus' barbarian female champion as compensation for the terrible thing that was Sejuani*

(seriously, he is making another barbarian female champion.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
A woman can't grow DDDs over time...or at all after puberty is over. Unless she gets plastic surgery.

A man, however, has the potential to become very muscular if he desires.
You haven't seen many women before have you? Believe it or not, breasts that size existed long before plastic surgery.

ah....Miss Green...introducing me 3rd grade self and classmates the wonders of adulthood...