@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FailTsukkomi

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
I don't understand why I have to be the focus of such vitriol for making a thread like this one. If people keep making the same thread week in and week out, doesn't that mean that the issue is still an issue?

Yes, a huge part of the community likes trashy champs because they like breasts. I don't hate on breasts in general. I hate on sticking breasts on champs that don't need them and a lack of variety. Does League want to expand even further and welcome a wider variety of people? They're going to have to display a wider variety of champs that appeal to a variety of different people.
You're seriously calling Nami trashy?

DarkestPhoenix

11-17-2012

Quote:
I don't understand why I have to be the focus of such vitriol for making a thread like this one. If people keep making the same thread week in and week out, doesn't that mean that the issue is still an issue?
No, it means the minority are being excessively whiny. It's usually the same crowd, the same downvotes, the same response, every week. Do I think the champions are sometimes over sexualized? Sure. Do I think all of them are? Hell no. Your logic is that ANY champion that is released with big breasts is "over sexualized". Your logic is idiotic, and you should really consider not talking in the future.

Honestly, if you can't stand something being there, I really suggest getting over it. Like the great parrot once said "You know what the best part of bagels are? VARIETY!"

parentheses

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailTsukkomi View Post
You're seriously calling Nami trashy?
Nami is far less trashy than Elise and many others.

This is my reply to the thread on Reddit where it's cropped up:

Hi there. I am the original poster of that thread. AMA. -_-

No, but seriously, I addressed the thread to IronStylus because he has been the main Rioter outspoken about variety in champ design. I didn't intend to "call him out" - I just didn't know who else to direct my frustrations towards.

My main point - which maybe I could have been better about overtly stating - is that League uses the "female seductress" trope too much and that there is a lack of variety. Almost every female champ with the exception of Diana in recent memory has to be some sort of seductive beast - even when it doesn't fit in with their character design. Dark-mage seductress, plant seductress, spider seductress, and on and on. It gets annoying. Why can't we just have a dark mage, a plant champ and a spider?
I understand champs like MF, Ahri and Eve looking like they are about to pull some hoe ****. I do not understand why the sheriff of a major city needs to wear a steampunk minidress and a tophat while having a stripper cop outfit as an alternate skin when being a sheriff is a position of authority. I don't understand why we have to take champs like Riven and Fiora - who in game look great and non-**** - and give them alternate skins that look like sorority girl Halloween costumes. I don't understand why we have to make nurse Akali look like a hooker when Kennen MD and Surgeon Shen look authoritative and cool - my mom's a nurse for heaven's sake and that's a hard job requiring a lot of intelligence.

Yes, I know *** sells but I do not think that's a good enough reason.
I want variety - in both MALE and FEMALE champs. I don't want sexualization for the sake of dollars.

EGMogotoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

What problem do some of you people have with boobs? When you walk outside, and hit the mall. Roughly 50% of the people there have boobs. They're a fact of life for females. Our games should reflect that.

Fishous

11-17-2012

How does this thread have 450+ downvotes and it's still open?

parentheses

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix View Post
Like the great parrot once said "You know what the best part of bagels are? VARIETY!"
Exactly. Variety. I want more of it - especially in regards to breast size.

My issue is that nearly every female champion has enormous breasts and the same body type.

I want my champions with as much variety as bagels.

parentheses

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGMogotoy View Post
What problem do some of you people have with boobs? When you walk outside, and hit the mall. Roughly 50% of the people there have boobs. They're a fact of life for females. Our games should reflect that.
Boobs of varying shapes and sizes. 50% of people don't have enormous gravity-defying knockers.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Nami is far less trashy than Elise and many others.
"Less" trashy. As in, yes, you think she's trashy. Man I don't even know what to say to someone like you. This is absolutely ridiculous. Nami is probably the bubbliest, most innocent looking champ they've put out since Lulu, and your best compliment is,

"Well, she's not AS trashy!"

Are you for real right now?

Avalon Bright

11-17-2012

Quote:
Boobs of varying shapes and sizes. 50% of people don't have enormous gravity-defying knockers.
And hey guess what. Neither does Nami. Or Leona. Or Diana. Or Syndra. Or Ashe (Terrible new Freljord art aside...). Or Karma. Or Kat. Or Soraka. Or probably 85% of the females in the game.

Yes, whatever you like to crusade against, very few female champs in the game actually have overly large, in-your-face breasts. Deal with it.

rambo

Adjudicator

11-17-2012

I AGREE WITH PP. WE WANT ZOMBIE MORG AND LADY GRAGAS. The uglier the better!