@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TNR64

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Thank you IronStylus. For one, I lol'd when I noticed you wrote in vein of "Part of Your World". I understand where you come from when it comes from. Hell, one my favorite champions, one of my favorite supports, is Leona. I can appreciate that. At the same time, I cannot deny that the design is absolutely stunning. The contrast of the colors and the frills stuck in my mind. I barely even noticed the endowments and then I come back overnight and see this explode. I understand where this is an issue, but come on, I can't deny quality of the work. I appreciate if you do get a chance to read this. Also this red is getting screencapped. It must not be lost.

Ace Trainer Eli

11-17-2012

It's my opinion that as long as *** appeal doesn't detract from creative concepts and character designs, that's just fine. If all you see when you look at Nami is her cleavage, maybe you're going about assessing the champion's design the wrong way.

Rage Virus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

@ OP

What do you have against breasts?!?! They are wonderful!

King Reedwise

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
No. That hasn't been "proven". Because that's ****ing stupid. How about you go read the APA report on exactly this topic before you make yourself look more ignorant than you already have.

I'm just joking, we both know you've never read work of scholarship in your life and aren't going to start now.

Have a nice day.
hahaha

Quote:
meta-study
Quote:
meta
Quote:
study
Quote:
The American Psychological Association's data was interpreted by
Quote:
data was interpreted by
Quote:
was interpreted
Quote:
interpreted
Why don't you take a break from wasting your time reading supposed scientific studies, and instead use it to Google words and phrases like interpret, conjecture, meta-study, stupid, idiot, are people that read 4chan stupid, are people that cite meta-studies stupid, do real scientific studies require an interpreter - go ahead, pal. I'll wait.

edit: and really? You're going for some intellectual angle so, of course, you cite a random META-STUDY with COMPILED DATA and use that to.. bash a corporation for utilizing their market data? Their target demographic is 90% male between the ages of 16-30. Sorry, but breasts sell to that demographic you god damn dolt. So you have a problem with sexuality being sold in corporate America, or just when it's sold to males?

Are you on a Twilight forum right now, also insulting their creation process? What about Brawny brand paper towels? You know about that I hope, if you weren't to busy scouring meta-studies for their inscrutable, interpreted data. You are such a rube, it isn't even funny. The difference between you and some random woman with an anti-homosexual sign threatening the rapture is that someone taught you how to use punctuation.

SpaceDink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

So women like to show their titties... big deal?

LenfaL

11-17-2012

MFW op wants an ugly mermaid

Shinrasaa

11-17-2012

Nami's concept art is gorgeous and the artist deserves some praise.

Yes, there could be more overall variety, more "fully armored" female champions like Diana (not her skin ) or female monsters like Anivia.

But that doesn't mean every female champion from now on has to be ugly, fully covered or non-human. Why can't we have both? Some attractive, cleavage-showing champions, some different ones.

Apart from that, mermaids are often depicted as seductresses, so it's not like the art is inconsistent with her overall mermaid theme. They can't just make every female champion a nun just because some people are offended by about everything.

Turbo164

11-17-2012

So if the parrot's singing Disney songs now...should I be reading that in Iago's voice?

King Reedwise

11-17-2012

Quote:
Mermaids are associated with the Sirens of Greek mythology
Quote:
In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous and devious creatures, portrayed as femmes fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.
I don't know what those sentences mean(I will have to wait for the meta study so someone with a 4 year degree in Psychology can interpret them) but I feel like that's pretty damning evidence for why she has *** appeal.

Also, more than half the total number of female champions in game do not have any *** appeal.

Still waiting on one of you 4chan reading feminists to reply to that.

Gummii

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Beautiful Poem.