@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBubbIes0

11-17-2012

This is how it goes in Riot headquarters before each champion design :

Iron Stylus:

> Guys, i got an idea
> Guys, a fish
> Guys, listen up , idea
> Guys, a fish with
> Guys, guys, idea with a fish
> Guys, let's make a fish with big breasts

Riot staff:

*clap clap clap clap*

Ravechaosknight

11-17-2012

. . .really? There isn't anything wrong with Nami. >.> She reminds me a lot of Ranamon/Calmaramon from Digimon Frontiers.

Also, Princess Ruto from OoT. Boom, they didn't even give her cleavage just put them out there for Link to ogle as he pleased. So, fish ladies having Boobs is not unheard of, and honestly, if "Omg she has teh cleavage!" was what you all first thought when you saw her design then there is an underlying problem your dealing with personally.

ihaveapotion

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBubbIes0 View Post
This is how it goes in Riot headquarters before each champion design :

Iron Stylus:

> Guys, i got an idea
> Guys, a fish
> Guys, listen up , idea
> Guys, a fish with
> Guys, guys, idea with a fish
> Guys, fish.
> Guys..
> Guys ok guys listen i got this idea with a fish.
> breasts

Riot staff:

*clap clap clap clap*
fixed.

DmG Apollo

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
I just got to work for my 13 hour shift on a saturday. Suddenly, today won't be so bad. Thank you Parrot. You've made my day.

Zeninth

11-17-2012

We still need a new girl child champ, boy child champ, thin woman with flat chest and no bum, thin guy skateboarder type, and a robot or cybernetic organism to be friends with Blitzcrank and Orianna still. Thanks.

Sheogowrath

11-17-2012

Zed's chest i heaving up and down on the loading screen as I speak. You have a very selective way of seeing things.

ihaveapotion

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogowrath View Post
Zed's chest i heaving up and down on the loading screen as I speak. You have a very selective way of seeing things.
but we cannot see his bulge.

Falleth

11-17-2012

Quote:
Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts (...) Nami
Get out of your cave once in a while, you will see for yourself what actually are big brests.

If you still think Nami is oversexualised, you probably need to visit appropriate doctor.

KillerJaedong

11-17-2012

Nami only have cleavage down to her bellybutton. Thats perfectly standard these days.

Nah but really, I can agree with the OP. Riot is really into making female champions with big boobs.
They oversexualize pretty much every female champion...

but i can't say i really care, its cartoons but whatever OP is right..

DreJBringer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
10/10 already reading again