@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
You and I seem to be reading entirely different posts, then. Because what I see is IronStylus saying that the champ was well on its way to release, and the cleavage simply wasn't that egregious of a design flaw to be worth halting the process to "fix" (because, hint, it wasn't broken).
Yes, that's exactly what I read.

I was pointing out that the person IronStylus was claiming to be way back when he took on the role of point-man for gender issues PR, would have considered a boob window on a champ who wasn't even wearing clothing about as egregious as it gets.

Before: He talks about how boob windows are objectionable and lazy design.
Now: He talks about how he likes a design that is centered around a boob window.

I don't know how to say this any more plainly. You don't see the contradiction there?

Yo mama simply

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todas View Post
Did... did you actually read what you quoted?

Anyways, you know, you have to start somewhere. You can't insult a fat person for cutting one twinkie a day out of their diet - you can't say it's okay to eat doughnuts because you could be eating fried butter instead, and you cannot say that just because the rest of the feminine world is centered around being the perfect sexy woman it is okay for that to be the case here.

If there is a problem, you fix it, no matter how small. If we can't even be truly equal in our fantasies, how can we be equal in real life?
Anyway I don't think a video game forum is the right place to start this stupid rant about woman being sexualized. Before talking about fix something, it's only considered "wrong" for certain people, very few people. And why would anyone want to fix something that doesn't seem broken to most people? Oh right let's be selfish if I don't like it I must change it fxxk all other 99% of the population right? Cuz my opinion is so important they must listen!

Stop being a hipster and try to love what you have is what I'd say.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
You and I seem to be reading entirely different posts, then. Because what I see is IronStylus saying that the champ was well on its way to release, and the cleavage simply wasn't that egregious of a design flaw to be worth halting the process to "fix" (because, hint, it wasn't broken).

Edit:

Oh, and by the way, you're misquoting "boob-window" here. As I've said plenty of times before, the "skin flap" is more of a deep-V with frilly collars, whereas a boob-window is, literally, a hole in an otherwise solid piece of armor that serves no purpose other than displaying cleavage where there otherwise would be none. A hole. In protective armor. That's a conceptual flaw. This is a stylistic decision.
Refer to edited version.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Oh, ok. So a hole in clothing that is closed at the top isn't ok, but a hole in scales that is open at the top is fine.

You're right, I must not grasp the finer points of IronStylus' discriminating tastes.

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo mama simply View Post
Anyway I don't think a video game forum is the right place to start this stupid rant about woman being sexualized. Before talking about fix something, it's only considered "wrong" for certain people, very few people. And why would anyone want to fix something that doesn't seem broken to most people? Oh right let's be selfish if I don't like it I must change it fxxk all other 99% of the population right? Cuz my opinion is so important they must listen!

Stop being a hipster and try to love what you have is what I'd say.
Would it REALLY be so bad to have a bit of variety? Males get such interesting characters as Warwick, Rengar, Urgot, Sion, and a literal ton of body shapes. Women are lucky if they get to wear armor that isn't skintight. If anything, you have to admit it's a bit boring.

Angelique

11-17-2012

I think Nami is beautiful and artistic, and I'm very excited to player her on release. (Soraka is currently my favorite support, so something fresh and new should be entertaining!)
Oh and as a girl player I've never been bothered by all the bewbs.
A cool style is a cool style, regardless of variable amount of cleavage.

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
Oh, ok. So a hole in clothing that is closed at the top isn't ok, but a hole in scales that is open at the top is fine.

You're right, I must not grasp the finer points of IronStylus' discriminating tastes.
She is a support, so I guess the armor isn't really needed?

Anyways, again, you're really making a mountain out of a relatively small issue. Things were said, a champ who was being designed at the time conflicted with things said, rather than scrap the design they released as-is, why can't that just be it?

KillerJaedong

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KínseySíx View Post
I feel sorry for female cosplayers.

As a bloke I have a massive range of choice. From teenage twink to weathered old man, from muscle-bound hulk to joe every-man, from lithe and graceful to short and dumpy.

The girls have far fewer options.

1. Skinny with big boobies.
2. Skinny with unfeasably, eye-wateringly huge boobies.
3. Pre-pubescent girl.
4. Avian.

The bit I don't understand is - Riot has the entirety of human imagination to work with here, and yet we still get playboy bunnies in plant/spider/Syndra costumes over and over and over and over.

Even if it's not sexist - it's still downright lazy.
This.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post

I'm going to link you to my other thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2807474

When you have a chestplate that is meant to protect you from incoming attacks, and you cut a large hole in the center of it just to show cleavage, that's a boob-window, and that's what IS referred to as lazy design.

What we have with Nami is a design meant to reflect high-fashion dresses with, again, a deep-V cut and frills. If you check the links in my other thread, you'll see examples of dresses like these, and why it fits as a stylistic choice that matches the concept.

If, after all of this, you can't grasp the difference, then I pity you.

Oh, and I recognize that you're probably only acting this dense because you're trolling on a Lv10 smurf account rather than putting your own reputation on the line, but that's okay. I forgive you.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

The only reason everyone thinks the league is filled with "boob festage" is because they dont actually take the time to sit down and look at the list. Then when they do look at a champion they go "omg its a female .... Does she have boobs? YES OMG SEXUAL!"

First off, boobs arn't a sexual organ everyone has boobs even men, just because a character has boobs doesn't make them sexual.

Second, not everyone actually has the monstrous boobage people think they do. people would exclaim that Cassiopeia has huge boobs, her art looks like she has A cup ... so idk where people get this stuff from (maybe its to just complain about something that doesn't exists?) Not to mention Ariel from little mermaid has the SAME chest style as Cassiopeia (seashell bra nothing else covering the top half) NAMI is more covered then the little mermaid.

Third, Nami is a MERMAID ..... go to Google, look up mermaid paintings, find that most mermaid depictions they actually have BARE CHEST, because they live in the seas and are natural so why would they have clothes?

now lets look at a list here of female champs in the league ...

Ahri - Ok, Yes a tad sexual but because she's based off the nine tale fox legend which basically they seduced men into loving them and then ate their souls (korean legend it was their liver) so they are a succubus type
Akali - Ninja, i don't really see her being all that sexual. Yes her clothes might not be the proper clothing of a REAL ninja but this is a fantasy game and people would complain she was to generic if she had regular ninja clothes. despite that her boobs are really only apparent in her nurse outfit (OPTIONAL skin) ...
Anivia - Bird ...
Annie - Little Girl
Ashe - Average looking female in archer gear, My favorite champion and I see no sexuality about her, she looks like she is in her 30-40's and I think she looks attractive but not sexual
Caitlyn - Looks like she came out of alice in wonderland, goofy looking imo with that top hat, no sexuality seen here
Cassiopia - A Gorgon, basically a medusa clone less cool looking doesnt really show any sexuality at all (Ariel from little mermaid pretty much same thing as cassiopia with seashell bra)
Diana - Full covered, looks creepy, weird hair
Elise - Sinister looking, a tad sexy to look at i don't fully think its over sexualizedbut for sake of arguing ill count this one
Evelyn - Probally the most seductive / sexualized champion in the leauge, personally i think she is sorta ugly with the weird hair and spikes but that dominatrix suit
Fiora - Elegant Classy looking
Irelia - looks like a brawler with weird flying swords
Janna - Almost no clothing
Karma - covered up almost completley
Katarina - oh no a belly shirt ... wouldn't go as far as to say its sexual though she's just looking attractive before she slaughters you
Kayle - Armor
LeBlanc - a little seductive looking, sinister not very developed, don't see boobfest 2012 here
Leona - elegant full armored awesome character
Lulu - purple
Lux - 15
Miss Fortune - smoking guns .... average looking if you ask me
Morganna - death angel looks creepy
Nidalee - Cougar
Oriana - Robot
Poppy - Words cannot explain ..
Riven - besides bunny girl (which imo is still classy style) pretty graceful
Sejuanai - That boar so sexy, oh the girl on top? yeah kinda ugly and scary looking
Shyvana - Dragon scales
Sivir - Xena
Sona - Pretty girl who plays music and cant speak
Soraka - Unicorn / satyr
Syndra - looks cool, dark, powerful
Tristana - them yordles
Vayne - Batmans GF?
Zyra - Plants with boobs but not really over the top ...

out of all of those really only Ahri, Elise, Eve are the primary "sexual" deviants and thats because it goes with their lore. You people are creating an issue out of something that actually is not one, you think just because a boob is shown that the character is sexualized. I could sit here and discuss how princess peach is sexual and you would prob think im a moron for thinking that, but i could find something out of nothing to just like you all are doing.

Pictures of mermaids ...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._a_mermaid.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1856-1858.jpg
http://amermaidstailmythology.webs.c...en_mermaid.jpg
http://forderecord.files.wordpress.c.../07/airel2.jpg
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...6-1024-768.jpg

look at all the fleshy top halves ..... Nami is more covered up then every single one of them .... Stop complaining about all this boob and go learn yoga or something useful