@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
I did read it when that thread was active. And I took what he said to heart. Especially the stuff about champions being in the pipeline but not necessarily in the upcoming batches, because they're beyond the point of significant changes.

Which is the point you all CONTINUE to keep missing. The champs you want, the stylistic changes you're clamoring for, are coming. You're just being stupidly impatient and ignorant of the design process.

If I were IronStylus, I'd be making snarky comments aimed at you all, as well. He's probably tired of it and fed up with your crummy attitudes.
Right, right, he flipped from being completely serious and on our side to telling us to **** off because he got fed up by the crummy attitude of posts in a thread he (by his own admission) didn't read.

Are you by any chance interested in buying a bridge?

tempnameA461

11-17-2012

Quote:
I got this one, you guys.

The king of seduction, the lord of the sack, god's gift to women...

Mr. Slave-ric!

It's just truly, truly outrageous.
Upon getting ganked from behind: "Oh, jesus christ!"
Also sings the Lemmiwinks song, but replaces "Lemmiwinks" with "Teemo"

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
Right, right, he flipped from being completely serious and on our side to telling us to **** off because he got fed up by the crummy attitude of posts in a thread he (by his own admission) didn't read.

It honestly doesn't take much to turn someone bitter. It was the artist's first project and he saw nothing wrong, yet someone threw up a stink about it anyways. Especially if you've told someone to be patient, that can be annoying as hell.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:

I'd love to buy it, but only if it's price is, by pure coincidence, equal to the exact amount I have in my savings account!

He told you it was being addressed, but wouldn't be seen immediately. You all wait a month or two, then start calling bull**** on his promise and rabbling around like it's the end of the world. And, as he touched on in his post here, BLAMING HIM FOR SOMETHING THAT ISN'T HIS FAULT.

You deserve the 180-attitude flip that you think he gave you.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todas View Post
It honestly doesn't take much to turn someone bitter. It was the artist's first project and he saw nothing wrong, yet someone threw up a stink about it anyways. Especially if you've told someone to be patient, that can be annoying as hell.
Except that if we buy that he was honest in the last major thread on this, he WOULD have seen something wrong. The element of Nami's design that OP identified as objectionable is what IronStylus referred to as a "boob window" in costume design, and he went on at length about how it wasn't just objectionable in its implications, it was lazy design.

So he sees that exact thing that he discussed as a problem before, and doesn't see a problem. How does that work, exactly?

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
(snip)Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design..

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag. (snip)
It's like you didn't even bother to read the serious part of his post.

BrightnShiny

11-17-2012

She's a mermaid.

SEDUCTRESSES OF THE SEA!

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Quote:
It's like you didn't even bother to read the serious part of his post.
Hmm?

That's exactly the part of his post I was referring to.

Todas

11-17-2012

Quote:
Except that if we buy that he was honest in the last major thread on this, he WOULD have seen something wrong. The element of Nami's design that OP identified as objectionable is what IronStylus referred to as a "boob window" in costume design, and he went on at length about how it wasn't just objectionable in its implications, it was lazy design.

So he sees that exact thing that he discussed as a problem before, and doesn't see a problem. How does that work, exactly?
Well for one thing, doesn't the champ design process usually take like four months or something? Like he said, a concept appeared, gathered steam, and maybe by the time he made that post it was too late to change anything. People liked the design.

Just cool down for a while. Wait it out. If it goes on for another 4 months with nothing but perfect females, maybe raise the issue again, These things take time.

EDIT: And seriously, you have to accept that the females out right now are the standard. It's not a cause for alarm when something has big breasts or revealing clothing, only when this becomes a pattern. We've addressed the pattern, so all you're doing now is assaulting a single problem, which does nothing but upset people and create undue drama.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
Hmm?

That's exactly the part of his post I was referring to.
You and I seem to be reading entirely different posts, then. Because what I see is IronStylus saying that the champ was well on its way to release, and the cleavage simply wasn't that egregious of a design flaw to be worth halting the process to "fix" (because, hint, it wasn't broken).

Edit:

Oh, and by the way, you're misquoting "boob-window" here. As I've said plenty of times before, the "skin flap" is more of a deep-V with frilly collars, whereas a boob-window is, literally, a hole in an otherwise solid piece of armor that serves no purpose other than displaying cleavage where there otherwise would be none. A hole. In protective armor. That's a conceptual flaw. This is a stylistic decision.