@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serverny JR

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
TL;DR: Its ok to oversexualize every female in LOL cause our target consumers are 14-year old males.
And if we fail to release champion as a sl#t in original design, we'll make sure to release sl#t-appeal skins ASAP (Diana, Riven).
Can't wait how you will explain when Riot Marketing team decides that time has come to release boobs+butt selling skin for Leona.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

Cool, IronStylus taking this seriously.

Anybody still think Riot gives a ****?

Zetasphere

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
God-****ing-dammit, Parrot. How many wins does your awesome deserve? All of them. All of the ****ing wins forever.

Martyrofsand

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.

The amount of epic win in this post cannot be described with words.

LimitlessChaos

11-17-2012

Quote:
EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.
You do realize two things... (not sure why I wrote it that way since I wouldn't be posting if I felt you did realize what I'm about to tell you)

One, breast-size is by no means an indicator of something's general disposition. Two...Nami isn't really in-line with this argument since she's a support champion and they're generally benevolent by nature but the Siren is a pretty well-known female sea-humanoid and they're quite seductive so that is a possible visual nod or cue for her.

More importantly, you must be high as a cumulus cloud if you don't think Elise the spider queen is a seductress. Did you read her backstory? Did you listen to her speech during her patch/loading screen?

She is based on a spider. An animal that lures its prey in and is an extremely consistent reference to seduction in literature and media. Elise lures people to her cult and pilgrimage where she then keeps their confidence until she feeds them to her "god" and continues her business. She absolutely is one who seduces; she uses her looks and her rhetoric to recruit and then to build the pilgrimage. I can't possibly fathom how you could NOT see a spider character with Elise's backstory as a seductress.

Again...how having larger breasts correlates to seducing party isn't really my gig...more revealed than usual breasts would be a more believable sign and she does have that too.

PS - I also believe it's a pretty common occurrence that women who seduce men and murder them or leave them and take their money are referred to as "black widows" due to the behavior of the spider of the same name. So yeah.

Guancyto

11-17-2012

Quote:
there are no words
o_o

There are no words. That was amazing.

Let me be clear, Elise's jello boobs and sexy schoolteacher Fiora coming right on her heels disappointed me greatly. Sejuani is garbage and Justicar Syndra is about a billion times better than her default.

But Nami is neat, and I like her design. She doesn't need the cleavage exactly but unlike Sejuani it doesn't detract from her charm. Unlike Syndra it doesn't just seem randomly thrown in for the sake of sexy. It... works, and I can't exactly explain why, but it seems like it's a design that's had a lot of time and love put into it.

I'd like to see more offerings from this artist in the future. I might even fail to be properly outraged if one of said offerings has a nice chest.

Shingro

11-17-2012

Ironstylus you are the best ever.

Thank you for not being kneejerk, I really trust you not to hamstring great designs for managing the extremes.

Yo mama simply

11-17-2012

Please talk to public media or magazine publishers and explain to them how busty women are wrong
and they should put ugly women in the front page/in their advertisement.
I think they will very much agree with you, oh wait.

TaironLocke

11-17-2012

Wants less boobs...

CAST ALL THE DOWNVOTES!!!!!

Zetasphere

11-17-2012

In these threads I'm constantly amazed by the idea that large breasted women are automatically tagged as "****s" or "*****s". Really?