@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
how long did it take you to come up with that?

Sevarios

11-17-2012

OP is completely right, the new artwork and reworks don't look serious at all, they've all been given the hentai treatment.

tempnameA461

11-17-2012

So the problem is just that all of Riot's artists like huge breasts?

Diana Main

11-17-2012

Quote:
*bows*
Riot hire this man.

Delicious Smores

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
... I am GOING to try to memorize the music for that song and sing this to it for your pleasure. I make no promises because I'm lazy, but I will at least humor the idea.

Pennlocke

11-17-2012

Oh look, someone else who cannot comprehend a sound business practice.

Riot is targeting key demographics with champ designs such as Nami's or Elise's to maximize sales.

Nothing wrong with making money, and it's only the white knights or the feminists who are offended by such practices. It's a game, get over it and keep playing or just quit if it bothers you so much.

Myrndath

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

.......O.O........ Idk if this is something you all worked on, or if you just came up with it.....
either way.... I LOVE YOU.....

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

did you just... say absolutely nothing besides agreeing overly busty champions are bad?
you should have read the 50 pages then, or atleast some of them. it is not abut the breasts.
you tell me this is work of a new artist. is this artists a clone of your older artists? i hardly see any fresh blood in that design, i hardly see any effort to react to complains that already came up at the release of zyra.
no sorry, going poetic isnt a solve for this.

Poeta Somnium

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

There needs to be a "subscribe" button for IronStylus. I miss too much of this.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

and oh look a pretty red post... lets all forget the main subject and giggle!

Quote:
"To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline"
if letting a busty lady through the pipeline is a failure... well then riots no A student thats for sure