@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTrap View Post
How about no, unless you're a 13 year old boy.

Shoujo (Especially -ai) is best.
You calling Shingeki no Kyojin and Jojo bad?

Son, I am afraid you have a bad case of **** taste.

Quote:
Please at least clarify the point you're trying to make.

Also, *** appeal and charisma are not the same thing. I don't know what gave you that impression. You are wrong.
"Taunting opponents" doesn't have to be a sexual thing. The fact that they made it one means that she is sexualized.
The fact that you're interpreting her "charismatic grace" as "beauty" instead of you know, CHARISMATIC GRACE means she is sexualized when she doesn't need to be.

Her character design and lore are being sacrificed to sexualization. Tryndamere's and Rengar's and Varus' lore make sense with how they look.

And lets just say that its subjective whether or not there are any shonen mangas that are "good."
I mentioned the point. The designed fit their personalities.

Taunting your opponents doesn't have to be a sexual thing, you are right. But you are the one finding it sexual. On the battlefield, you should be focusing on how to kill your opponent, not 'hurr durr boobs.' Seeing a person wear nothing on such a vital area is like asking an archer to shoot at it. Except Elise is so damn powerful she is basically saying 'Go on and try.'

You find Elise sexy? I find her graceful and elegant. I do not find huge boobs sexy. Sexy is not something that is or is not. Elise's lore is her being worshipped as a sort of priestess-- typical trait is that they are very beautiful-- not just in fantasy, but in real life. High Priestesses of cults were unnaturally attractive, which made people believe they were blessed by a Pagan god.

Actually, that is a good point. HIGH PRIESTESS ELISE SKIN wHERE?!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paige

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Get it right. No us. YOU, and a minority. Proofs? This thread started with plenty of upvotes. It has ended in -175 downvotes right now. I personally believe that you people are getting just way too paranoid with the topic, reason i'll never support ya around.
wow so because a group is a minority they should be silenced and ignored!
A+ for predictability! good job!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
wow so because a group is a minority they should be silenced and ignored!
A+ for predictability! good job!
welcome to capitalism, where being an exception from a majority group fucks you over


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canas Lute

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Get it right. No us. YOU, and a minority. Proofs? This thread started with plenty of downvotes. It has ended in -175 downvotes right now. I personally believe that you people are getting just way too paranoid with the topic, reason i'll never support ya around.



I didnt make the explanation. It was done by people before me. Plenty of times. Wich is incredibly valid. But since you people dont bother reading half the posts, or read at your very own convenience, then it cant be helped.
I'm not including YOU in the 'us,' obviously. 'Us' as in people are upset with this, as in the many people posted here, as in more than one, as in plural, as in us. I never included you. And I only gave reasons for myself..

Yes there are people who think it's fine. That doesn't mean there aren't people who think it sucks. Are you paying any attention to what I sad? Or are you just trying to pick pointless fights in nothing...? Of all things to pick out. Why include yourself in someone else's 'us'...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RazorWarrior

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I though there might be a reason behind Elises appearance. Then my friend typed /d


/subject


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
wow so because a group is a minority they should be silenced and ignored!
A+ for predictability! good job!
No, because, like i've said plenty of times, the topic is getting to some stupid, and unnecessary exageration. I mean, this thread was open because Nami, who's BARELY exposed, was found by someone to be oversexualized. Given the fact that she doesnt exactly look like a "grown" woman and that she's not big breasted, i find that, even tho she's not exposed at all, the sole fact of her showing a little skin is actually offending this minority, to the point of throwing @ the art team a "big dissapointment".

Same goes with Elise, who's actually, NOT THAT EXPOSSED if you compared her with older designs?

I mean, get real. If you guys arent overexagerating things, then i'm Brad Pitt.

It cant be helped anyway, and i'll just sigh and leave the topic. One does not simply convice all the feminism with ease anyway.

Of course i dont give that much of an importance. Its a fantasy game that fits my taste. I overally like the concepts as a whole, and turns out that i like a lot LoL's designs. I mean, i'm not gonna go deeper into saying "Wow, this ****'s oversexualized". Because, in the top of that, it is pointless and most of the time people wont even account this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canas Lute View Post
I'm not including YOU in the 'us,' obviously. 'Us' as in people are upset with this, as in the many people posted here, as in more than one, as in plural, as in us. I never included you. And I only gave reasons for myself..

Yes there are people who think it's fine. That doesn't mean there aren't people who think it sucks. Are you paying any attention to what I sad? Or are you just trying to pick pointless fights in nothing...? Of all things to pick out. Why include yourself in someone else's 'us'...
And those people are in a very vocal minority. I am raised in a feminist environment and you know what my parent's reaction to the Splash Arts of LoL female champions?

Mom asked me if the primary audience was teenagers.

And guess what; that is right.

She watched Strike Witches with me once. she laughed at the idea, but didn't say anything was sexist or that is was stupidly sexy.

Why?

Adults don't care what people are interested in unless it affects them directly. In what way does having sexy females in media affect you, as a person. Answer me this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreatDecay

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
No, because, like i've said plenty of times, the topic is getting to some stupid, and unnecessary exageration. I mean, this thread was open because Nami, who's BARELY exposed, was found by someone to be oversexualized. Given the fact that she doesnt exactly look like a "grown" woman and that she's not big breasted, i find that, even tho she's not exposed at all, the sole fact of her showing a little skin is actually offending this minority, to the point of throwing @ the art team a "big dissapointment".

Same goes with Elise, who's actually, NOT THAT EXPOSSED if you compared her with older designs?

I mean, get real. If you guys arent overexagerating things, then i'm Brad Pitt.

It cant be helped anyway, and i'll just sigh and leave the topic. One does not simply convice all the feminism with ease anyway.
She isn't big breasted? This is the whole thing that people have a problem with. Her breasts are, at the very least, above average. This is the whole deal. I can't believe you even said that.

Because you see things like this so much you start to think its normal. You're just proving the point further and further, and digging yourself deeper. She's not even that exposed? Could you imagine if your mother dressed that way? Would she still be "not that exposed?"

And comparing bad things to worse things doesn't make the bad things better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
In what way does having sexy females in media affect you, as a person. Answer me this.
ummm, probably the same way that having all females in media that are all uneducated housewives would affect women


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RazorWarrior

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Adults don't care what people are interested in unless it affects them directly. In what way does having sexy females in media affect you, as a person. Answer me this.
Don't encourage social apathy kthx. If people know something is wrong they will speak out about it and that's the right thing to do. If you don't agree just say so but don't tell other people speaking out is worthless.