@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
why, to you, is sexualization only a problem when its boobies and cleavage?
Do you mean specifically female attributes, or specifically breasts?

This issue is not specific to breasts, but it is specific to women. Why? Well, that's a fairly complex issue, but the answer isn't particularly relevant. The fact is that the commercialization of female sexuality is far more prevalent, and has measurable consequences, as documented in (once again), the huge list of articles linked earlier ITT.

Is that a sufficient answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
why do you choose to carefully ignore the cleavageless champions to play, and instead focus on only the worst offenders?
Because the "worst offenders" aren't far off from the middle of the road champs, and the least sexualized champs are exceptions, not the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
why do you choose to ignore the fact that sexualization, like it or not, has almost always been a facet of human society. if you're going to tackle the problem at least tackle the problem and not make some offhanded attempt to "clean up" league of legends.
That's a false dichotomy. There is no either/or.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Reedwise

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I just proved there are more female champions that are not over sexualized by simple numbers, which you have done nothing to dispute. You also apparently have no argument for over sexualized male characters, assuming it is an equal playing field(unless you're being a misogynist and implying that it's your job as a man to defend the women who can't defend themselves)

You're seriously so stupid. If you had any idea how much of your sexual dysfunction you're injecting into your stupid posts you'd probably just turn off your computer and go to sleep in shame.

edit: I'm gonna take off but sexual attraction is relative and a matter of taste. Maybe Twisted Fate is the most attractive, maybe Pantheon, maybe Ezreal. It's a variety. If all champions had excessive cleavage than sure, you'd have an argument.

Instead you show your hand by only having a problem with characters who exhibit large breasts. What about the ones with nice legs? What about Frostblade Irelia? What about the ones with just regular old pretty faces?

You turn women into commodities, not us or Riot. Apparently a woman's worth is measured by her bust and you just can't stand champions without cleavage. You also ignore the inverse argument about over sexualized male champions for reasons you, "didn't want to list"

Fact: there are more cleavageless champions with average, every day sized, proportionate breasts than ones with giant breasts.

Fact: there are tons of over sexualized male champions

Fact there are tons of female champions who are not at all sexualized

Fact: Unless you're a woman yourself, it's impossible for your stance in this argument to not be fallacious. It simply isn't. You implying that it is your job to protect the women of today from this terrible corporate sexualization machine is misogynistic. It's also stupid, but that's your prerogative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
I can attest to knowing girls who are less than five feet and have MF/Elise-tier breasts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomTingWong

Senior Member

11-16-2012

please just let this thread die


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
I just proved there are more female champions that are not over sexualized by simple numbers, which you have done nothing to dispute. You also apparently have no argument for over sexualized male characters, assuming it is an equal playing field(unless you're being a misogynist and implying that it's your job as a man to defend the women who can't defend themselves)

You're seriously so stupid. If you had any idea how much of your sexual dysfunction you're injecting into your stupid posts you'd probably just turn off your computer and go to sleep in shame.
*assuming im a man*

Anyway.

No, I have quite a clear argument regarding sexualization of male characters, which I stated above. The sexualization of women in media is more prevalent and results in demonstrable harm, as found by numerous studies.

If you can find me any comparable evidence regarding the sexualization of men and its negative consequences I'd like to read it.

You're the one constructing this in terms of "defending women". I have characterized this as a social problem which affects everyone (a position supported by the data, incidentally).

I'll be happy to dispute your "proof" if you'd like. Do me the courtesy of linking to it so I don't have to dig through the thread.

edit: nevermind, I found your post, and it was hilarious. particularly this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
The other guy is saying you're wrong because you said all female champions made you think about *** and that list includes Annie and Anivia - children and animals. You, mtrx005, are a pervert. I hope you're already registered as a *** offender
"You said all female champs make you think about ***"

No. You are not very smart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
*assuming im a man*

Anyway.

No, I have quite a clear argument regarding sexualization of male characters, which I stated above. The sexualization of women in media is more prevalent and results in demonstrable harm, as found by numerous studies.

If you can find me any comparable evidence regarding the sexualization of men and its negative consequences I'd like to read it.

You're the one constructing this in terms of "defending women". I have characterized this as a social problem which affects everyone (a position supported by the data, incidentally).
You must have been living under a rock then. for the last few years since Twilight came out, we have been getting Edward Cullen clones all over the place.

and link to these studies please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
Do you mean specifically female attributes, or specifically breasts?

This issue is not specific to breasts, but it is specific to women. Why? Well, that's a fairly complex issue, but the answer isn't particularly relevant. The fact is that the commercialization of female sexuality is far more prevalent, and has measurable consequences, as documented in (once again), the huge list of articles linked earlier ITT.Is that a sufficient answer?

Because the "worst offenders" aren't far off from the middle of the road champs, and the least sexualized champs are exceptions, not the rule.

That's a false dichotomy. There is no either/or.
bold: actually why is quite relevant in its importance. The greatest question one can ask in psychology is why do you feel this way.

underlined: again...you spout off articles but they prove nothing they are based on experimental studies and have no backing to them whatsoever ALL THEY PROVE IS : There is a connection between two variables but you refuse to get this.

And actually there is a middle ground and it is not a false dichotomy because if there is a middle ground then THERE IS NO DICHOTOMY Do you even know wtf you are saying...if there is a middle ground it cannot be dichotomy...

most surveys are done on a likert scale. On a rating of 1-7 how would you rate this champions sexualization. But right there you are drawing attention to the studies intent and creating error it is no longer a blind study where the recipient has no knowledge of the intent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizuhara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Fact: there are more cleavageless champions with average, every day sized, proportionate breasts than ones with giant breasts.

Fact there are tons of female champions who are not at all sexualized
While 'tons' isn't too specific, I think we may be thinking of different games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Reedwise

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
No, I have quite a clear argument regarding sexualization of male characters, which I stated above. The sexualization of women in media is more prevalent and results in demonstrable harm, as found by numerous studies.

If you can find me any comparable evidence regarding the sexualization of men and its negative consequences I'd like to read it.

You're the one constructing this in terms of "defending women". I have characterized this as a social problem which affects everyone (a position supported by the data, incidentally).

I'll be happy to dispute your "proof" if you'd like. Do me the courtesy of linking to it so I don't have to dig through the thread.
Sure thing, bud. The second you quantify the negative effects of the same against females, I mean!

That's what it's all about: body image. Your poor body image! I am not going to count, but I guarantee if you exclude.. mythical creature male champions, like Nocturne and Karthus and only included the human ones, they would ALL be over sexualized. They are all drawn to be attractive. Graves, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, Lee Sin, Udyr, Talon - the list goes on. All the human-esque male champions are ripped, hugely muscular, or bad-boy attractive with a cool hat. Bar none, except Singed until Augmented Singed came out.

It's exactly the same thing. If women want to be treated as equal then why the hell would they just ignore this side of the argument?

Oh yeah, because of the effects it has on society that a random compilation of studies that are totally inaccurate and biased prove but you can't quantify because it isn't quantifiable.

Nice.

edit: let's draw a parallel from boobs to jawlines. Link me to a male champion that wasn't designed as a gimmick(Gragas) isn't a mythical creature(Teemo, Nocturne) who doesn't have a Disney Prince's jawline. Go ahead. Any Human champion who isn't handsome as hell.

edit: omg and Heimerdinger. Why am I expected by today's society to have a giant brain? This is so unfair and over sexualized.

edit: oh yeah, and Twilight proves *** sells to women too. So your argument is S-U-N-K sunk.

REED WISE OUT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paige

Senior Member

11-16-2012

idealized =/= sexualized