Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syrion2

11-16-2012

Quote:
Xemnous:
Complain because a champ who's a female has breasts. Does this really keep you from sleeping at night? This is a game with literally millions of players who are almost all male, how do you think the champs are going to look? It's just breasts and I assure you they won't come out to bite you.

Lol this,

End of thread and any future threads.

FDru

11-16-2012

Quote:
Syrion2:
People find the dumbest things to complain about. See it's almost as if you would complain if every female champion and no cleavage and zero figure.

Meh, I wouldn't complain if they released a female champ with a waist.

TBH I don't find Nami that outrageous, though... OP is exaggerating just a bit. Every single female champion in the game is sexualized except maybe Karma... what we should worry about are the ones that are blatantly over-sexualized.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-16-2012

How gay do you have to be to complain about boobs?

You want less "booby" champions?

Diana. Leona. Lulu. The list goes on.

Stop complaining about the beauty of women and sit your five dollar ass down before I turn it into change.

imweasel09

11-16-2012

You're a couple hundred years late to complain about the sexualization of mermaids. I have to admit, the voice does make it a little...weird.

Brandi

11-16-2012

OH NO! Attractive women are soooooooooo offensive!

Real Life Shaco

11-16-2012

So, I'm going to say first and foremost that your argument is valid and reasonable for any person.

However from a perspective of art I don't think going about it in the direction of multiple differences in body style to make something monstrous would be the right direction. At some point, the feminine features have to have some focus. Be it body figure, chest, or fem oriented armor it has to be conveyed that X is X and Y is Y.

That said, combining animal body would make this procedure more body focused to convey gender. Adding in a larger frame and more monstrous body would make this a bit too much, IMO. Yes, I'd like to see a lesser sexual featured woman, like a female giant or something less frail but I don't want it to be on terms where it is completely tasteful. Similar to the sexual orientation of Diana you must remember that we all want the same goals but done in a way were everyone can appreciate them.

Just my .02

Daemon

11-16-2012

Quote:
parentheses:
Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's creepy.

Yeah, one of the shadier things about Japan is fetishism of young girls...I mean, it's not every guy loves it, it's a select few. They put adult characteristics on children's bodies. I swear I have learned the weirdest **** in psychology classes.

I mean, it does happen here in the USA in the form of art posted online, but it's completely illegal to portray anyone who could be mistaken as a child in a sexual manner in some countries (I think Canada prosecutes for child pron manga?)

Shingro

11-16-2012

Op is completely crazy Nami is an excellent design that isn't oversexualized, lets just lock this crazyisland thread and get on with our lives.

RisottoNero

11-16-2012

Maybe you should realize that Iron Stylus only does damage control here on the forums and nothing is going to change.

mtrx005

11-16-2012

Quote:
parentheses:
Except Riot said they are trying to portray different female body types.

I want them to either do what they say they are going to do or flat out state that this is going to continue being a **** and ass show so their fans can be informed.

Right, but they're not going to do either of those things.

They are going to continue claiming they care about the portrayal of women while cranking out hypersexualized fantasy objects oriented at teenage boys, because that is the best business strategy for them: to continue doing exactly what they're doing while lying about it

Quote:
RisottoNero:
Maybe you should realize that Iron Stylus only does damage control here on the forums and nothing is going to change.

Yep. It's PR, pure and simple. Now, I'm not saying he's necessarily lying. Maybe he really believes what he says and the company is using him to do damage control while lying to him about how seriously they take the issue. Could be. No way to say for sure.

What we do know is that it's BS.