@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
How do you persuade someone who doesn't even understand what you're talking about?
You don't.

You can't.

Jayeto

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
This is it in a nutshell.

I completely understand why Riot is doing this. Riot is an amoral corporation, and they know that their playerbase is overwhelmingly young, mostly male, and largely ignorant. Marketing hypersexualized images makes complete sense for Riot. These images appeal to young males who are too uninformed to be aware of what these images represent, how they're being manipulated, or what the consequences are.

It's still a bad thing to do, it's still harmful, and it still says terrible things about the players of this game...terrible things that they have been more than happy to validate in this thread.

See? This is the archetypal LoL player. Young, ignorant, and proud of it.

"Dudes just like boobs man, there's nothing complicated about it. It's not like media images are part of the process of acculturation that teaches us what to like, or that sexualized portrayals of women are fundamentally reductive or objectifying. It's just dudes likin' boobs bro."

How do you persuade someone who doesn't even understand what you're talking about?

i see your points but.... art is art. you know how many people still flip out on the david? yea i know RIOT making more sexy style girls for their game......THEIR GAME. the only thing i can really say is i respect your opinion on the matter of riots art but its getting to the point for you people (yeah i said you people >.> ) then please delete the game and exit stage right that simple. b/c if your gonna flip out on a females chest size then me saying muscle bound guys are an insult. its art polygons in a visual fake environment.... calm down -.-

SomTingWong

11-16-2012

how is this thread not closed

HuoMao

11-16-2012

I though Riot addressed this, that because they have little wiggle room with the in-game models they have to overly exaggerate female characters' breasts so they look more femine.

That said, I wish more female characters were in armor like Lux, Leona, or Kayle. Something covering, but still attractive.

mtrx005

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCKitty View Post
I though Riot addressed this, that because they have little wiggle room with the in-game models they have to overly exaggerate female characters' breasts so they look more femine.
Because gender is super important. What would happen if a female champion were mistaken for male from a distance? I suspect Summoner's Rift would implode.

Reds have also said that they see oversexualization of female characters as a problem, both in general and specific to League. And yet they release Nami in this state. Makes you wonder...

Minister of Pie

11-16-2012

Do people have nothing better to do than complain about females having breasts? Think about tha for a second xD I mean come on....sort out your priorities people.

Malefic Vision

11-16-2012

I disagree that champions need smaller boobs, but I agree that Riot repeatedly said they would adress sexualisation issues and then didn't.

mtrx005

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Pie View Post
Do people have nothing better to do than complain about females having breasts? Think about tha for a second xD I mean come on....sort out your priorities people.
It's funny how many people come up with this nonsense when a thread is created about a real social issue with real implications. Where are you guys when someone makes a 50 page thread about what champ would be best if cooldowns didn't exist?

The vast majority of GD threads are completely masturbatory, yet the "don't you have anything better to do" **** only starts coming up when someone raises an issue that matters. Funny how that works.

Beauneaux

11-16-2012

when you think mermaid what do you think?

do you think lady gragas or do you think sexy woman with a fish tail?

if the answer is the former you are lying to yourself.

same goes for Elise with the whole "black widow" concept.

the sexualization of those champions is thematically important in these cases.

And it was K

11-16-2012

Welcome to the wonderful world of PR. They're not actually going to give us different body types.