@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvas View Post
I've made such a topic a while a go, then there was a big, very good one a little later, both by women. And yes, its just a game, still its not just undefined shapes wobbling over a field, its something that is meant to be a woman. sexism against women has a lot to do with looks, while sexism against men roots more in social aspects (spacemarienes, the dudes from gears of war, only knowing rage and revenge rage...). I've seen more than once how the pressure to be manly can cripple a guy emotionally.

but, LoL has men like ezreal, ryze, zilean, Yi and all those mosters, who are shown to be male by pronouns and voiceacting.
compare ahris body to miss fortune, elise, zyra, diana, sona, and many more and you see they are way too similar.
while male champs have a tendency to buffness, does jayce have the same bodytype as darius or ryze?
thats the diversity i would love to see for female champions.

also why is leona standing her ground in heels? vayne would be a faster hunter without those too...

and those 'monstrous' female champions look just like humans in costumes, they couldnt even give elise a non pinkish skin.

first off, you precive these females as sexualized but they really are not. lets make the list ...

Ahri - Ok, Yes a tad sexual but because she's based off the nine tale fox legend which basically they seduced men into loving them and then ate their souls (korean legend it was their liver) so they are a succubus type
Akali - Ninja, i don't really see her being all that sexual. Yes her clothes might not be the proper clothing of a REAL ninja but this is a fantasy game and people would complain she was to generic if she had regular ninja clothes. despite that her boobs are really only apparent in her nurse outfit (OPTIONAL skin) ...
Anivia - Bird ...
Annie - Little Girl
Ashe - Average looking female in archer gear, My favorite champion and I see no sexuality about her, she looks like she is in her 30-40's and I think she looks attractive but not sexual
Caitlyn - Looks like she came out of alice in wonderland, goofy looking imo with that top hat, no sexuality seen here
Cassiopia - A Gorgon, basically a medusa clone less cool looking doesnt really show any sexuality at all (Ariel from little mermaid pretty much same thing as cassiopia with seashell bra)
Diana - Full covered, looks creepy, weird hair
Elise - Sinister looking, a tad sexy to look at i don't fully think its over sexualizedbut for sake of arguing ill count this one
Evelyn - Probally the most seductive / sexualized champion in the leauge, personally i think she is sorta ugly with the weird hair and spikes but that dominatrix suit
Fiora - Elegant Classy looking
Irelia - looks like a brawler with weird flying swords
Janna - Almost no clothing
Karma - covered up almost completley
Katarina - oh no a belly shirt ... wouldn't go as far as to say its sexual though she's just looking attractive before she slaughters you
Kayle - Armor
LeBlanc - a little seductive looking, sinister added to "sexual" but only her main is other skins arn't bad at all
Leona - elegant full armored awesome character
Lulu - purple
Lux - 15
Miss Fortune - smoking guns .... average looking if you ask me
Morganna - death angel looks creepy
Nidalee - Cougar
Oriana - Robot
Poppy - Words cannot explain ..
Riven - besides bunny girl (which imo is still classy style) pretty graceful
Sejuanai - That boar so sexy, oh the girl on top? yeah kinda ugly and scary looking
Shyvana - Dragon scales
Sivir - Xena
Sona - Pretty girl who plays music and cant speak
Soraka - Unicorn / satyr
Syndra - looks cool, dark, powerful
Tristana - them yordles
Vayne - Batmans GF?
Zyra - Plants with boobs but not really over the top ...

so in conclusion i really only find what? 4-5 champions to be sexualist (underlined) looking? maybe in argument lets say ... MF, Zyra ... would be like the only ones that are borderline. but really, these females arn't that over sexualized, you are all tunnel vision yourselfs to look at boobs and think omg has boobs it's auto sexual.

no every girl has boobs unless they were born with non or were removed for some reason, the champion boobs range in size but then again they are all fake so how can you actually say how big they really are? (which i dont even find like half the champs to even be that big)

as for the heels thing, well ya know .... its a game do you want reality or fantasy? who cares if she has heels its to portray the "elegant" style of leona, the thing is you all make this hypocritical statements by saying omg doesnt work right with character but then ask for monsters .... umm news flash monsters dont exsist and cant be done IRL ..... so if you want mosnters then suck up the clothes and heels on a armored chick

Kodojoey

11-16-2012

I myself don't care so much for breasts.

What I am most annoyed about however is that compared to female champions, why is it that all the male champions have the most clothing on? Since when was showing a bit of man-chest such a risk to take?

I demand scantily clothed men

I demand man-service

:|

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvas View Post
with the exception of kayle and annie, those attributes seem to be more secondary for the actual design.
morganas original artwork showed her very pissed/angry, her second artwork got rid of that, with her new artwork bringing some of that back.

but it is the sexy evil sorceress, the sexy female knight.
do i really need to talk about evelynns look? all the SM and those heels...
MF and Caitlyn, could you take them serious? i couldnt. especially caitlyn, her quotes are ridiculous.
sejuani wears a furkini, nidalee would allways have her boobs jump out of her top when she gets a speedbuff in the brush. vayne wears all spandex...

my point is simply that i would like female champions with designs that dont care about sexyness, that put something else in the foreground. I dont think thats too much to hope for, or is it?

Im not raging about the female champions so far, while playing thats really something i dont care for. but outside of that, its something that catched my eye

your problem is you MAKE them sexual in your own head ... i find caitlyn to be some weird chick from alice in wonder land that i would think is crazy and actually dont find her appealing at all. mf looks like a female pirate yet is suppose to be a bounty hunter, if anything thats my problem with mf not her boobs which arn't even really the thing i first look at.

Vayne freaks me out and spandex are actually good for moving around in quickly as it reduces friction, ever watch spy movies? they wear tight leather suits as to not have things hang loose and get caught.

Your problem is you are only looking at the sexual aspect of things, and not the non sexual ones that out weigh it.

I could sit here and write how princess peach is sexual and convince myself she is, then you would sit there and be like wtf?

Option Paralysis

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodojoey View Post

What I am most annoyed about however is that compared to female champions, why is it that all the male champions have the most clothing on? Since when was showing a bit of man-chest such a risk to take?

I demand man-service

Varus is essentially fully naked, but really only visually half naked. Barbarian Sion (still human, massive bare chest), RUTHLESS PANTHEON. These are the ones I just thought of off the top of my head, I'm sure I could go through and find more lol.

Zertryx

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodojoey View Post

I demand man-service

have you seen alistar? http://puu.sh/1qMzJ though you can't milk those

Kodojoey

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sodomy View Post
Varus is essentially fully naked, but really only visually half naked. Barbarian Sion (still human, massive bare chest), RUTHLESS PANTHEON. These are the ones I just thought of off the top of my head, I'm sure I could go through and find more lol.
Indeed, but compared to the average silk and C cup we could have a lot more showcase art for the ideal male body.

That would at least achieve some balance between the male/female display, as well as for some benefit for the community: it would make this (eye-rolling) argument change to a more generalized criticism of what we perceive as the ideal body (the attention not just for breasts).

We all like the "look at my butt" trope (e.g. Scarlett Johansson's pose in the Avengers), but when you specify it to one gender well that's just unfair now is it?

And imo, our mantheon, absadin, muscle-gut sion and sexy-goth varus isn't enough to compete with adagio breasts, windy boobs, pirate-bum, british muffins, glasses-girl lara croft, moe kitsune AND of course the fallen angel magic-bra. The list goes on.

Cenebi

11-16-2012

The argument could be made that OP is objectifying women herself by reducing the character to her apparent breast size. It's important to remember that some people actually do have large breasts in real life. Attractive/scantily clad female characters are not inherently degrading toward women, any more than attractive/scantily clad male characters are inherently degrading toward men.

That being said
, objectification of women is a problem in gaming in general, not just LoL. The point was brought up that as a designer, you don't really have many tools to indicate gender in a video game character. Arguably, over sexualized characters come about less due to trying to pander to 13-year olds, and more due to laziness. It's easier to create a character instantly recognizable as a female if you give them obviou breasts (Nami's aren't huge to be honest, just more prominent than they probably should be, the angles you're using tend to make them seem larger than they probably are).

In the end, you're unlikely to convince most of these people of the problem, so you're better off doing things that might actually make a difference, like refusing to buy champions whose designs you find distasteful. This thread might help though. If you recall, the original Lux design was quite a bit more revealing than it is now

YamiBelgarath

11-16-2012

Important point to be made:
Men look at women for physical appearance. Women look at men for money and power. It's societal- guys want girls who will bear their children, girls want guys who can support their children. The personality of most of these guys is so glamorized- TF, the cocky gambler. Graves/Kassadin, the driven man on a personal mission with a messy past. Shen, the quiet stoic type who in the end will put down his life for what we believes in. Ezreal, the young adventurous guy who wants to explore. You think you meet people this generic in the real world? Hell no, but they are the exact guy in every trashy romantic novel that women pick up (no, I'm not being sexist. Women are 95% of the consumers in that market). The only way to make a sexualized guy is to make a topless guy with a 6 pac- guess what, Kassadin, Pantheon, Lee Sin, Olaf, Ryze, Tryndamere, and Varus come to mind as topless guys. What, they sometimes have monster appearances? Guess what, so do half the female champions.

I'm sorry, but LoL isn't nearly has sexist as feminists make it out to be. It really just isn't. The majority of the girls have big boobs and the majority of the guys have 6 packs. The majority of the girls have skins that show off their assets, the majority of guys have skins that show off their assets. I might agree that 60% of the girls with boobs have revealing skins, and 50% of the guys do, or something like that- but it's really that small of a difference. I would recommend the feminists go off and complain about the treatment of Muslim women in the Middle East or something else where there actually is a problem that needs to be solved, and leave well enough alone here.

BK Helix

11-16-2012

lol this thread again

Jenvas

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sodomy View Post
Yeah, I DID see Diana in that list, and you said she was basically no different than the other female champs, which is wrong. So yeah, I must have missed whatever point you're trying to make, because I sure didn't see one. All I see is the typical "Riot is sexist and here is why" post. I'm glad you decided to post a simple snide remark rather than some form of counter-argument though :].

Keep it classy.
sigh...
dianas model doesnt live up to her artwork. her face comes from the same narrow genepool as the other female champs of her age. her body is only different in means of her chestplate, which hasnt got shaped-out breasts. a step towards the right direction, but just a small one.

nidalee could be counted as blck right? or atleast almost, so LoL totally has black champions, no reason to add more than one.

nitpicking at an argument doesnt destroy it, this is not the deathstar with one fatal weakness.

aww, you just missed it again. its alright, take your time.