@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
Attracitve - Ahri, Sona, Janna

Bad Ass - Sivir, Ashe, Sejuani, Riven, Akali, Diana, Fiora, Nidalee, Shyvana, Syndra, Vayne, Irelia

Sinister - Annie, Cassiopia, Eve, Kat, Elise

Creepy - Poppy, Tristana

Heroic - Leona, Lux

Angelic - Kayle

Evil - Morganna, Leblanc

Other - MF, Caitlyn, Oriana, Soraka, Zyra, Karma, Lulu, Anivia

This is what i think of for each champion when i think of these words ....

imo i think you all have a different mind set if you think all the females are over sexualized .... these champions look attractive but not over the top. you are all making a bigger deal otta this then it actually is.

with the exception of kayle and annie, those attributes seem to be more secondary for the actual design.
morganas original artwork showed her very pissed/angry, her second artwork got rid of that, with her new artwork bringing some of that back.

but it is the sexy evil sorceress, the sexy female knight.
do i really need to talk about evelynns look? all the SM and those heels...
MF and Caitlyn, could you take them serious? i couldnt. especially caitlyn, her quotes are ridiculous.
sejuani wears a furkini, nidalee would allways have her boobs jump out of her top when she gets a speedbuff in the brush. vayne wears all spandex...

my point is simply that i would like female champions with designs that dont care about sexyness, that put something else in the foreground. I dont think thats too much to hope for, or is it?

Im not raging about the female champions so far, while playing thats really something i dont care for. but outside of that, its something that catched my eye

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

for sejuani i saw something on deviant art.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?offset=240#/d5kygfm

Option Paralysis

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvas View Post
I've made such a topic a while a go, then there was a big, very good one a little later, both by women. And yes, its just a game, still its not just undefined shapes wobbling over a field, its something that is meant to be a woman. sexism against women has a lot to do with looks, while sexism against men roots more in social aspects (spacemarienes, the dudes from gears of war, only knowing rage and revenge rage...). I've seen more than once how the pressure to be manly can cripple a guy emotionally.

but, LoL has men like ezreal, ryze, zilean, Yi and all those mosters, who are shown to be male by pronouns and voiceacting.
compare ahris body to miss fortune, elise, zyra, diana, sona, and many more and you see they are way too similar.
while male champs have a tendency to buffness, does jayce have the same bodytype as darius or ryze?
thats the diversity i would love to see for female champions.

also why is leona standing her ground in heels? vayne would be a faster hunter without those too...

and those 'monstrous' female champions look just like humans in costumes, they couldnt even give elise a non pinkish skin.
You are one of the people I was talking about in my post. You don't see the female champs that they've done right, just "Oh, I see a sexual female archetype. Doesn't matter if they aren't all like that, Riot is still sexist for making them". I see you threw Diana in your little list, but she is completely different compared to what you've listed, just one example. Am I saying Riot is COMPLETELY innocent of this? No, not at all, and it's because it's what a lot of players want, but to say they don't appeal to the people who don't want females portrayed in that manner is a flat out lie. Also, you're really upset about heels? I didn't know a type of shoe makes the champ designer a sexist lol.

You have a problem because you WANT a problem. It doesn't matter if the champ Riot releases after Nami is "Bertha, the Average Looking Librarian", who is completely covered with no sexual traits AT ALL.....this thread will still pop up 50 times a month because, like I said, it's a problem people want to have. Plain and simple.

Mokkun

11-16-2012

They also put out that multiple champions are in the pipeline at any given point, and that we should expect the next few to conform to older design models.

Basically, you're gonna have to wait for probably half a dozen more champs before it really gets around to changing, because the ones already being planned are busty.

Jenvas

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sodomy View Post
You are one of the people I was talking about in my post. You don't see the female champs that they've done right, just "Oh, I see a sexual female archetype. Doesn't matter if they aren't all like that, Riot is still sexist for making them". I see you threw Diana in your little list, but she is completely different compared to what you've listed, just one example. Am I saying Riot is COMPLETELY innocent of this? No, not at all, and it's because it's what a lot of players want, but to say they don't appeal to the people who don't want females portrayed in that manner is a flat out lie. Also, you're really upset about heels? I didn't know a type of shoe makes the champ designer a sexist lol.

You have a problem because you WANT a problem. It doesn't matter if the champ Riot releases after Nami is "Bertha, the Average Looking Librarian", who is completely covered with no sexual traits AT ALL.....this thread will still pop up 50 times a month because, like I said, it's a problem people want to have. Plain and simple.
you saw that? no? oh, well that was the point, you must have missed it.

Joshthor

11-16-2012

Quote:
for sejuani i saw something on deviant art.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?offset=240#/d5kygfm
i like that minus chicken leg upper arm

Jenvas

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshthor View Post
i like that minus chicken leg upper arm
some men really like very buff women. that would also make sense for sejuani and add diversity. thats what i mean, diversity, designs that are further from the standard, maybe even more extremes

CHOICE!

murlocmancer

11-16-2012

It isn't that freaking bad. FACT, ugly or bland champs don't sell (our fault).
Although I wouldn't have a problem if they did a non sexualized champ that is more Diana but I don't have a problem wiht "boobfest" champs either. Stop making men muscular, MALE SEXUALATIONS EW

Option Paralysis

11-16-2012

Quote:
you saw that? no? oh, well that was the point, you must have missed it.
Yeah, I DID see Diana in that list, and you said she was basically no different than the other female champs, which is wrong. So yeah, I must have missed whatever point you're trying to make, because I sure didn't see one. All I see is the typical "Riot is sexist and here is why" post. I'm glad you decided to post a simple snide remark rather than some form of counter-argument though :].

Keep it classy.

Joshthor

11-16-2012

Quote:
some men really like very buff women. that would also make sense for sejuani and add diversity. thats what i mean, diversity, designs that are further from the standard, maybe even more extremes

CHOICE!
na thats not what i mean, i mean her upper arm above the band is a rediculous balloon and the rest of her arm is normal. looks like a chicken leg.