@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

nami and elise have pretty average boobs. not really big or small. if they arent ahri or sona sized i dont think the "boobs are too big" group has any room to say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAreCool View Post
I think the bigger issue than Nami's art design is the fact that anyone who holds a different opinion to the OP is shot down as wrong, regardless of their argument. Your position is bad because you allow it no counterpoint. If you want to be taken seriously, address what people are saying, don't just stick your fingers in your ears and shout "IGNORANT!" at anyone who doesn't feel the same way. That's the number one way for anyone who matters to tell that it's not worth their time.
Because if you disagree that the hypersexualization of women in media exists, you are ignorant.

If you disagree that it's a bad thing, you are ignorant.

This has been studied exhaustively. It's not the conclusion of some kids on an internet forum, it's the result of decades of research and analysis in the social sciences. If you were to go around to college campuses and ask academics in the social sciences "Are women oversexualized in media and does it have negative consequences?", I highly doubt you could find even one professor in 100 who would say no.

That's why I keep laughing at how stupid you guys are. This isn't up for ****ing debate. You're just ignorant.

When you say something that's not completely idiotic or totally irrelevant to the actual point, I'll address it. In 19 pages that hasn't happened once.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodwallow

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
Because if you disagree that the hypersexualization of women in media exists, you are ignorant.

If you disagree that it's a bad thing, you are ignorant.

This has been studied exhaustively. It's not the conclusion of some kids on an internet forum, it's the result of decades of research and analysis in the social sciences. If you were to go around to college campuses and ask academics in the social sciences "Are women oversexualized in media and does it have negative consequences?", I highly doubt you could find even one professor in 100 who would say no.

That's why I keep laughing at how stupid you guys are. This isn't up for ****ing debate. You're just ignorant.

I R learned it in social problems 101. you are teh ignorant!

LISTEN TO ME!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrlkol View Post
I R learned it in social problems 101. you are teh ignorant!

LISTEN TO ME!!!!
See, that's all you've got man. You can mock me, you can mock OP. You can toss off stupid little irrelevancies like "GIRLS HAVE BOOBS, DEAL WITH IT". But you can't actually address the issues, because you don't understand them. Odds are you're not even capable of understanding them, and you've made it quite clear you're not interested in being any less ignorant of the world.

You are delighted by your own stupidity, and you just come up with schoolyard insults for anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodwallow

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
See, that's all you've got man. You can mock me, you can mock OP. You can toss off stupid little irrelevancies like "GIRLS HAVE BOOBS, DEAL WITH IT". But you can't actually address the issues, because you don't understand them. Odds are you're not even capable of understanding them, and you've made it quite clear you're not interested in being any less ignorant of the world.

You are delighted by your own stupidity, and you just come up with schoolyard insults for anyone who actually knows what they're talking about.
Hur Dur now you're STOOPID for not agreeing with me.

I R teh right.

lol seriously bro you are too much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
nami and elise have pretty average boobs. not really big or small. if they arent ahri or sona sized i dont think the "boobs are too big" group has any room to say.
I posted before about the avg boob size in most places being C - D cup Except Asia and Africa, theirs are like A and B.

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285

But the thing is boobs in most countries and several states are not considered sexual. so all these people complaining it's sexual are in fact wrong.

Thats why animes can show boobs on T.V in japan yet they censor other things, women can walk around topless in several states. and Men have breast too, ours just don't grow as big or function (in some cases they do)

point being, just because a video game character has boobs, Doesn't make them sexualized. Eve is probably the most sexualized champion anyways in the league (with her dominatrix outfit) that and gragas (those sexy moobs)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrlkol View Post
Hur Dur now you're STOOPID for not agreeing with me.

I R teh right.

lol seriously bro you are too much.
Tell you what. Bro.

Come up with one actual argument against the idea that sexualization of women in media has negative consequences. One argument that demonstrates that you even understand what is being discussed. And I'll take it all back.

But we both know you can't do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joshthor

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
I posted before about the avg boob size in most places being C - D cup Except Asia and Africa, theirs are like A and B.

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285

But the thing is boobs in most countries and several states are not considered sexual. so all these people complaining it's sexual are in fact wrong.

Thats why animes can show boobs on T.V in japan yet they censor other things, women can walk around topless in several states. and Men have breast too, ours just don't grow as big or function (in some cases they do)

point being, just because a video game character has boobs, Doesn't make them sexualized. Eve is probably the most sexualized champion anyways in the league (with her dominatrix outfit) that and gragas (those sexy moobs)

....there... there is a map. ignore everything i said. forget that mermaids are one of the most sexualized archetypes ever, there is a freaking boob map. i am now on the OPs side.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharksAreCool

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
Because if you disagree that the hypersexualization of women in media exists, you are ignorant.

If you disagree that it's a bad thing, you are ignorant.

This has been studied exhaustively. It's not the conclusion of some kids on an internet forum, it's the result of decades of research and analysis in the social sciences. If you were to go around to college campuses and ask academics in the social sciences "Are women oversexualized in media and does it have negative consequences?", I highly doubt you could find even one professor in 100 who would say no.

That's why I keep laughing at how stupid you guys are. This isn't up for ****ing debate. You're just ignorant.

When you say something that's not completely idiotic or totally irrelevant to the actual point, I'll address it. In 19 pages that hasn't happened once.
But see, that's not what's happening here. Not once has anyone brought up or linked any facts or studies or research or anything of substance at all. You're not arguing a point at all as much as you are witch hunting anyone who is against your position.

I'm really indifferent to the issue at hand, but I find it hard to take your side seriously when all you can do is reiterate that you're right and they're wrong. That's not how arguments work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Option Paralysis

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Karma. Diana. Leona. Fiora. Lux. Irelia. Kayle. Riven. Vayne. Shyvana. Soraka. I don't find any of these female champions as icons of over-sexualization at all. They either have smaller breasts, or are well-covered, or both. More archetypes are in the works, as stated. Don't call attention to the ones they've done right though, let's just keep telling Riot what scum they are. Sounds like a good plan, right?

That's the thing about WANTING to have a problem with something, they can only see the wrong.