@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Yes, actually, it is. It is one of the defining features between men and women. Now, the size may vary, but women will have boobs.


Oh, and forgive me but the torso, arms, hands, neck, head/face, even the head-tentacle-things-that-are-meant-to-resemble-hair gave me the impression that the upper half was meant to be humanoid. My mistake!
im pretty sure that faces+shoulder/hip sizes are just as, if not more defining for gender.
a woman can be flat as a board and still look like a woman

something can be humanoid without actually having human parts btw. creatures like khazix ar e humanoid but he doesn't necessarily have all the same anatomy as a man.

just because something is humanoid and female doesnt mean it needs breasts to prove it. put your thumb over her revealing cleavage and tell me you cant tell she's a female

she'd be fine if they zipped her front up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
What am I on about? I'm on about the fact that you all are complaining simply for the sake of complaining. It is such a small detail that it shouldn't ever bother you in the course of regular gameplay. And if it does, it is only because you want it to, so that you have something to complain about.

She doesn't have huge breasts. She just doesn't, sorry.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave you to your *****ing and moaning and circlejerking about how right you all are, while I go throw myself a party.

It's in my pants.

It's a pants party.

I'm gonna go watch find some Sona-on-Ahri rule-34 fap-terial.
okay, have fun! it'd be nice to not have your aggressive denial in here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
like i said, they could make her more inhuman without taking away her attractiveness. people love riven and she doesn't have her boobs falling out of her shirt.

and that being said, men in games arent really oversexualized at all. a lot of them display unrealistic characteristics and while also boring as **** to look at, most of them are still fully clothed and not in fanservice poses. having a buff man in game is the same as riven and leona if theyre fully dressed. its not oversexualized. rengar isnt tromping around with a mad bulge in his pants, which is the same as having cleavage exposed. because even for the shirtless male champs, man boobs =/= lady boobs in terms of what's revealing or not

i agree with your last sentence though
i dont even care if they give non-sexy champs like riven a sexy skin
in fact i encourage it
but making every champ so far look like victoria secret models...


But if every champ were made like Riven or Leona we would have a boring and stale archetype for women. Then there would be people saying "why does riot feel the need to cover every inch of the female body, it doesn't make sense for freedom of movement"

Like i said before, I think Riot has been doing a good job lately of making champs with variety Take a look at some of the recent female champs, Nami, Elise, Syndra, Zyra, Diana.

They are all pretty different and while still being attractive I think all bring a uniqueness to the table.

(except Elise...but my opinion might be clouded by how fail I am with her)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diddle Me Then

Senior Member

11-16-2012

We need some fat female slob champ that pairs with Gragas.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazadiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
More straw man arguments, huh?

Fact is Riot lied, they said they would do better and lo and behold they aren't even trying.
You like to sound smart by calling a valid argument a straw man argument...but what I said is true, I have tried to learn how to do this **** and it's freaking tedious as ****. You keep calling the argument a Straw man, then saying, "Riot lied GG."

BUT The argument we provide is a Factual counter the Idea Riot lied, because they can't freaking time travel, and they're not going to delay a release. Before you even say, "Well they can just put out the men they're working on"...Remember the Complaints and *****ing that happened when we got three dudes in a row?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZedekiahCromwell

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I'll agree that the amount of sexualization many of the characters in the game have received is crazy. Some of the character designs are just "lolwut?" in the TnA. However, I do not agree that Riot "lied" per se, as there has not been enough time for a change of art direction to occur.

Do I think there will be a change of art direction? No. But it's too early to start threads about Riot lying. Give 'em, maybe 2-4 more characters and you'll really see where they are going. Which I'm sure is status quo because pandering to the sexually frustrated male demographic is quite smart for a computer game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

Senior Member

11-16-2012

The fact of this thread is that there is no facts. This is 100% opinion

We cant say the OP is wrong for wanting a more modest approach to female champion design.

But Op and followers cant say its wrong to enjoy playing champions that are attractive and over sexualized.

When it comes down to it its a matter of what your comfortable with. I think that the fact that Riot has come on the forums and said "Ok we know there are people that like champs like MF and we know there are people that like champs more like Lux and Riven and we will try and make everyone happy as best we can" Speaks alot for the kind of company Riot is and how much they listen to their fanbase for input into the future of the game.

You would be hard pressed to find any other game company that does that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryJoey View Post
But if every champ were made like Riven or Leona we would have a boring and stale archetype for women. Then there would be people saying "why does riot feel the need to cover every inch of the female body, it doesn't make sense for freedom of movement"

Like i said before, I think Riot has been doing a good job lately of making champs with variety Take a look at some of the recent female champs, Nami, Elise, Syndra, Zyra, Diana.

They are all pretty different and while still being attractive I think all bring a uniqueness to the table.

(except Elise...but my opinion might be clouded by how fail I am with her)
im also not asking for every champ to be like riven and leona. because even they still have the ideal body type. what would be interesting is to see really buff girls, short girls (not yordles), tall lanky girls, round girls, etc, mixed in with the sexy girls
and also, being covered head to toe doesnt mean you cant move well. say that to all the fully armored male champs? they should be nailed to the floor then

and yeah while the recent girls do vary from each other on the surface, they all still fit the cookie cutter mold which is being overused. there are more attractive body types than that one form. yeah it takes a long time to develop characters but if they really cared they could postpone their releases until they were made more varied or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
im also not asking for every champ to be like riven and leona. because even they still have the ideal body type. what would be interesting is to see really buff girls, short girls (not yordles), tall lanky girls, round girls, etc, mixed in with the sexy girls
and also, being covered head to toe doesnt mean you cant move well. say that to all the fully armored male champs? they should be nailed to the floor then

and yeah while the recent girls do vary from each other on the surface, they all still fit the cookie cutter mold which is being overused. there are more attractive body types than that one form. yeah it takes a long time to develop characters but if they really cared they could postpone their releases until they were made more varied or something.

There are alot of different types of armor on the male champs. Just like the female ones. I dont really understand what you want riot to do. The build of Zyra who is very slim is very different from Syndra that has more curves. The only thing I can assume your talking about is making overweight female champs. And I don't mean not washboard abs overweight I mean significantly oveweight. Then you need to bring male champs into the convo because all guys have is gragas, other than that its enough 6 packs to make Brolaf feel like hes in Valhalla.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joshthor

Senior Member

11-16-2012

well here is an obvious response. SHE IS A MOTHER****ING MERMAID. one of, if not THE most sexualized character archetypes there is. if you are going to complain about "women" get off the goddamn internet forum for a video game and do something in the real world.