@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by steak style View Post
Why does her skin have to tear open to display more boobs?

Whyyy
Because Riot.

Paris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
Stop using straw man arguments. No one cares about a Disney Princess, what we care about is the fact that Riot lied about expanding beyond the norm for their female champions.
waitwaitwait, the poster was mocking this other poster for using Ariel as an excuse to why totally fine with oversexuallizing a young female (cause disney did it first, yknow?)

so... yeah.

swils

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
actually im not insulting in my posts and have tried to post counter concepts and opinions to yours. while at the same time rationalizing oversexualization I am also understanding and agreeing with specific claims of this instances occurance. I neither sided for or against oversexualization but merely tried to rationalize the choice with this matter but in doing so it became apparent that I was nothing but ignorant for my opinions when in fact nobody saw that I actually was neutral in this. I have been insulted by being called ignorant, and downvoted and yet I have not said one thing that demeaned* women or objectified them intentionally. I have publicly apologized for any misunderstandings and treated this entire discussion with some ounce of respect despite the treatment.

So yes... I feel mine are uninsulting and well thought out, and deem an appropriate response.
Don't feel bad. I've been making a bunch of trolly posts (because that's what I feel the thread deserves), but when I actually wrote up a legitimate response to the thread, it went unanswered. OP isn't ignoring rude posts, they're ignoring/shrugging off any posts that aren't "You're right! The boobs are unnecessary!"

Daemon

11-16-2012

So, I cannot believe I missed this, but it's not the first time Riot's given a little girl boobs:
http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...mQueenSkin.jpg

However, at least Prom Queen Annie's is not as ridiculous as Nami's.

Valkymie

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nearby Shrub View Post
Yes, fish dont have boobs, but nami isnt a full fish she is top half human, humans have boobs.

lol look there goes your argument
the only part of her top half that is truly mammalian is her boobs.
everything else is scaled/finned humanoid fishy bits
also newsflash not all female humans have boobs and having boobs is not a requirement to be female
theres no point for her to have boobs besides the *** appeal (which is also a ****ty argument)

LegendaryJoey

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
okay well i never said every champ is oversexualized, but there are really only a handful that aren't, compared to the male side who gets champions that actually are full monster/overweight/low muscle tone/etc..
i also actually like nami's concept art a lot (it's how big they made her boobs in game that bug me about her design)
AND its them using the sexy dryad, the sexy spider queen, and now the sexy mermaid, etc. that bug me.
seperately i love them to bits. they fit their characters and look rad as hell
but using sexy character tropes till they're bled dry is boring and quite frankly pretty sexist.

and also to others: i'm not trying to get rid of boobs, i just want them to not be every other champ.

Soraka is a good point. Her boobs arent huge. Her thighs are. Yea she is a sexy dryad but thats I think because riot makes attractive champions. If its human (or half human) they dont want you to look at it and go "ew why did they make her/him look that way" unless the champ was designed to do that. Like trundle, which riot said was a design mistake.

Also it isn't only girls, and I know the girls cant affect boob size but guys can work out argument, and that is just ridiculous. I have a lean body structure, it would require me to make an entire lifestyle change and go to the gym 5+ days a week for an hour or more to put on a fraction of the muscle male champs in league have. (trust me I've tried)

But rengar is a half human male thing and is over sexualized

They do come out with a lot of sexy champs/skins and I would like to see some diversity but I don't mind them making humans attractive. Just less Miss Fortunes and more Lux.

aKa Bad BoY

11-16-2012

bunch of butthurts ungrateful *******s whinning

you should respect the work riot has done to improved the game and created more champs than just complaining non stop

Paris

11-16-2012

Quote:
also newsflash not all female humans have boobs and having boobs is not a requirement to be female
wow, someone with actual logic. quick! run before the trolls get you.

Vozati

11-16-2012

Shes based off a mermaid. Which are traditionally half naked as well as half fish. As far as mermaids go, She's actually de-sexuallized.

swils

11-16-2012

Quote:
the only part of her top half that is truly mammalian is her boobs.
everything else is scaled/finned humanoid fishy bits
theres no point for her to have boobs besides the *** appeal (which is also a ****ty argument)
Yes, actually, it is. It is one of the defining features between men and women. Now, the size may vary, but women will have boobs.

Oh, and forgive me but the torso, arms, hands, neck, head/face, even the head-tentacle-things-that-are-meant-to-resemble-hair gave me the impression that the upper half was meant to be humanoid. My mistake!