@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodbyeKings

11-18-2012

Nami's art is great. While it is true that we haven't seen any alternative female characters in awhile, the last one being Lulu, unless I am forgetting someone, the style of the female champions released is still amazing.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You will see some old types of archetypes that we've learned from - sufficiently "derpy" (without good humor or cuteness) or unappealing archetypes (old, crippled man who is supposed to be a tactician but is just a bird-wizard) aren't something we'll go towards, but finding what replaces them is the interesting part - and importantly how to make it both cool and differentiated.
What is your problem with Swain? I can understand Urgot, but Swain? he is cool as hell, his lack of popularity is do to gameplay reasons, not design.

I like the character a lot, only reason I don't play him is because I am a terrible mid and his skill set don't mesh too well with my playing style.

CellularAutomata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I think it is important to talk about the implications of what we make--and to hear from players what they're feeling about what we make. If our game is a cultural artifact, then it has cultural implications and exists in a cultural space (which is one of dialogue!).

TL;DR: Davin nerd Psychologist nerd nerd
Wow, davin, I am impressed by a lot of things, but this is the first to make me bother to log in. Instant favorite rioter right here, and I've only seen your last four posts. Keep it up.

Mughi of Ruckus

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yup, I saw his post and his suggested "response" is pretty much on the money.

..in fact.. why don't I just steal it and auto-post it as my standard reply! Yeah, that's the ticket! Unbridled theft!
Unbridled theft that is 100% encouraged! Seriously, I would be flattered. Honestly, I'm glad I was able to contribute in any meaningful way as it is. That would be an ultra-delicious cherry on top.

Blaine Tog

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You have got to be kidding me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

Juggernnaugt

11-18-2012

Possibly the greatest red post of all time... Literally.

DemiluniS

11-18-2012

wait, so the current Nami's model on the PBE is not her final model and will be changed in the near future?

ListenOrLose LoL

11-18-2012

I would like a female baron nashor'ish thingy. I dont even want to know s/he's female. i just want a monster like cho'gath or kog'maw
these huge titty females league has ARE boring

Akava

11-18-2012

I just hope that when the effects of this effort start to bare fruit that the champion-types that I love don't go extinct. It would suck to have heavily armored or completely covered up female champions become the only type of female champion we see anymore.

I'm cool with variety. As long as it stays just that.

Sidenote: Why is it that skins are not the solution? I think things like Riven, Bunny Riven and Championship Riven should help give both sides what they want. Why can't everyone have their share?

Bananaphone

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We're working on this now - I definitely agree.

Actually morello i think it's fine, it reminds me of the dryads from wc3. they sounded like valley girls. which i think works for a mermaid