@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palasit

11-17-2012

Page 100?

NoJay

11-17-2012

Still waiting for the female equivalent of Gragas. Oh wait, there isnt going to be one? How come? because no one wants that. They players want fan service champs. How come you guys can make champs like Kog and Fizz but when it comes to females you bug the **** out and drown them in "*** appeal", because you want players to recognize the champs are female? Its mostly the voice that does it. Not the "hour-glass body shape". Not to mention, the only female champ that doesnt have any human like traits is Anivia. I want a champ with an interesting design not just some good, fan service like artwork and would it kill you to make another human male support. Taric is getting pretty lonely if you know what i mean.

Gixia

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daykon View Post
Since Riot is a company, they want to appeal the the major audiences, that is male population.
Exactly, they want to appeal to the major audiences. Emphasis on that s. There is more than one audience. But when you only make things to appeal to one audience, the rest become disenfranchised and avoid your product, leading to the perception that only one audience plays, and thus only one audience should be catered to. On the contrary, bringing in more variety of champions though would bring in a wider audience, appeal to more people, make more money, etc.

Also, seriously, everybody who says 'who cares?', you do not belong in this debate. If you don't care about the appearance, then you should be buying the champs based on mechanics alone, and in that case, there's no reason not to let people who DO care have a wider variety of selection in terms of appearances to choose from. Afterall, YOU don't care, so you'll buy the champion anyways so long as it has a fun kit. You have nothing to lose or gain either way from a larger or smaller variety of champions aesthetics.

Edg╦

11-17-2012

Yeah dude your retarded. Its a freaking character who gives a rats ass if she has big boobs. I like them i think big boobs are awesome. So stop your crying u loser there just pixels. God some people get to worked up about this ****...

Todas

11-17-2012

I'd personally love some kind of flying metal cube champ which identified as female and had a decent lore.

Her ult could be her transforming into a mighty fighting robot. Now tell me that'd be better as a dude.

Sheogowrath

11-17-2012

If Nami were a male mermaid, he'd be completely topless. Real mermaid don't even wear clothing -_-

DaMiTzNhan

11-17-2012

Time to fork out $20 to buy yet another big-tittied champ.
But at least Riot keeps their model proper, sex sells!

Imperfectable

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailTsukkomi View Post
What does Draven's mustache "add" to his character?
Everything. There is nothing so pathetic as a shaven Draven.

MercuryOfIsis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I think that the next champ looks great. I understand the need for diversity in champions appearance. However she is a mermaid/siren . Mermaids and sirens are characteristically meant to be sexual. That is the whole idea... sirens use there sexuality and voices to attract seamen to there deaths (often causing a shipwreck). If they weren't sexual, then why would you be drawn to them?

Also I think that getting rid of Nami's prominent breasts would cause a visual void in the character. A negative space. You would need to put something else there to make up for it, visually. For example something detailed (artistically more details have greater visual weight) like armor. Though you couldn't put more armor on her chest because it wouldn't fit her look. she would look more tanky, and also less interesting because the armor would make her whole midsection bland due to the repetition. You would need contrast from the neighboring parts (armored neck, armored hips, armored head) so you would need flesh that takes up a lot of space to balance. I'm finding this concept hard to explain, but I hope everyone understands..

I also think the idea of her frilly fish v-neck is creative and original. I haven't seen any other mermaid with a similar structure/look.

Plus her appearance works with her emotes. For example "sometimes your the catch, sometimes your the bait". She is the CATCH, meaning she is sexual and hot.

Also there are an ok amount of not "oversexualized females" : Anivia, Annie, Karma, Kat, Leona, Lulu, Oriana, Poppy, Trist, Diana, and Vayne. I also count Riven and Fiora as not oversexualized personally, because she has a sexy skin yes, but they doesn't have obnoxiously large boobs and they are covered by allot of armor. Out of 34 females that is about 40%. I think that is a reasonable percentage, especially considering riot needs people to buy skins in order to make profit.

Personally I think she looks great and they did a great job in designing her. There is a place for less chesty champions, but Nami shouldn't be under that category.

Whirblewind

11-17-2012

I am precisely the person being targeted with the body types like Nami's and Elise's. I am an advocate for the acceptance of sexuality as an aesthetic and fully support game development studios who employ a similar artistic ideology.

I have no problem with a variety of body types, even if the variety is skewed in one direction, for or against my tastes. But I won't for a second allow someone to try to tell Riot how they're supposed to handle their creation.

In summary: breasts and curves are fine, please move on.