Launcher crashes on "Retrieving version information..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perverted

11-22-2009

Hi,

Whenever I start the launcher it displays that it's "Retrieving version information..." and then stays like that for a while, when I try to click anywhere on the launcher I get a window telling me the launcher doesn't react and I can opt to close it down or wait for it to react. Clicking on waiting for it to react just leaves the launcher open for a few more seconds before it closes down.

Something that does seem to work is running FreeVPN until I can launch the game, after this I can safely close FreeVPN and log in without any problems.

I've tried all sorts of fixes described on the forums and while I manage to get my game running, albeit with the help of some 3rth party software, I do wonder if a fix is soon going to be up.

Regards,
Per

P.S. I'm from Europe.

Habibi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

Your ISP is blocked hence why you can connect with the FreeVPN. There is no solution currently.
Personally i think this is Riots way of saying GTFO US servers.

Decae

11-22-2009

I'm from USA and I'm having this same issue. I followed the trouble shooting guide and ran the script it didn't work.

I'm about to post my dxdiag and stuff in a new thread....been playing this game for months now and now it's not working..

Habibi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

I feel for you Decae, this new major update they have made has really screwed us over.