Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Launcher crashes on "Retrieving version information..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perverted

11-22-2009

Hi,

Whenever I start the launcher it displays that it's "Retrieving version information..." and then stays like that for a while, when I try to click anywhere on the launcher I get a window telling me the launcher doesn't react and I can opt to close it down or wait for it to react. Clicking on waiting for it to react just leaves the launcher open for a few more seconds before it closes down.

Something that does seem to work is running FreeVPN until I can launch the game, after this I can safely close FreeVPN and log in without any problems.

I've tried all sorts of fixes described on the forums and while I manage to get my game running, albeit with the help of some 3rth party software, I do wonder if a fix is soon going to be up.

Regards,
Per

P.S. I'm from Europe.

Habibi

Recruiter

11-22-2009

Your ISP is blocked hence why you can connect with the FreeVPN. There is no solution currently.
Personally i think this is Riots way of saying GTFO US servers.

Decae

11-22-2009

I'm from USA and I'm having this same issue. I followed the trouble shooting guide and ran the script it didn't work.

I'm about to post my dxdiag and stuff in a new thread....been playing this game for months now and now it's not working..

Habibi

Recruiter

11-22-2009

I feel for you Decae, this new major update they have made has really screwed us over.