Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Malzahar tweaks/remake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Licestr

11-15-2012

I used to main malzahar, untill i got a to level were my oponents would simply know how to counter him, this was anoying but i could live with it. Alhtough it seemed kinda broken that a championw as countered entirely by one item.

Nevertheless my point is, with the new items comming soon, i saw that many more, othet than just QSS remove slows stuns and snares, which is ever worst because now everyone has an even better time countering malzahar, This just renders malz useless in many ways, and although i love the champion to death, i think he might need a few tweaks if not a whole remake to make him viable again.

Thoughts?

The McSmashy

11-15-2012

Malzahar was changed such that breaking the suppression doesn't break the damage or tether, they still have to move out of range to break it.

There's only two items that break Suppression: Quicksilver, and Mercurial Scimitar (BF Sword + QSS). The rest specifically list every kind of crowd control except Suppression.

Oo RAN oO

11-15-2012

Ehmm...
No one item have to remove the Malzahar ultimate... A Rioter said that.

Be more specific with the item and the situation, it can be a bug.

Hidden Dragon

11-15-2012

Malzahar's ult is removed in it's entirety by Quicksilver Sash / Merc Scimitar. Damage AND Suppression. The target does not need to move out of his cast range to stop the damage.

Giving QSS a viable upgrade path is the last nail in Malzahar's coffin, given the fact that both his Visions and his Ult deal 0 damage to player with QSS. That leaves Malz with a skillshot and a pool no one will stand in as his only recourse.

I've been a longtime Malz player and I love his kit, but as much as I hate saying this, it's definitely time to rework him.

At least previously he made high priority targets buy a subpar item to counter him - now he doesn't even have that given it upgrades into a decent damage item.