Kara, the Fire Dancer

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Name: Kara, the Fire Dancer
Attack: 4
Defense: 2
Ability: 8
Difficulty: 6
Attributes: Ranged, Mage

Base Stats
-Health: 427 (+83)
-Health Regen: 6.2 (+0.7)
-Mana: 250 (+60)
-Mana Regen: 8.5 (+0.7)
-Attack Damage: 49 (+3)
-Attack Speed: 0.665 (+3.3%)
-Attack Range: 550
-Armor: 14 (+3.5)
-Magic Resist: 30
-Movement Speed: 345

Abilities

- Passive - Dance of Sacred Flame
- On spellcast, Kara gains 4 ability power for 8 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times. This bonus increases to 5 ability power at seventh level and 6 ability power at thirteenth. Kara also restores 1 mana per second per stack.

- Q - Ignis Cross
- Active - Kara sends out twin bursts of flame which curve around and meet at a point, turning into a line of flame. Deals 50/90/130/170/210 (+60% AP) magic damage to enemies it passes through.
- Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana
- Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
- Range: 950 (Point for fires to meet can be anywhere in that range)

- W - Firestorm Burst
- Active - Kara spins on the spot, sending flames around her that deal 65/110/155/190/235 (+60% AP) magic damage to nearby enemies. Doesn't interrupt other actions.
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
- Range: 375

- E- Solar Flare
- Passive - Kara's autoattacks deal 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% AP) magic damage on hit.
- Active - Kara infuses her next autoattack to deal 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% AP) extra magic damage to the target and enemies within 250 of the target. This damage stacks with the passive damage bonus.
- Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 mana
- Cooldown: 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds

- Ultimate - Rain of Embers
- Toggle - Kara summons a storm of burning embers, dealing 80/120/160 (+30% AP) magic damage per second to enemies in the storm. Enemies within the storm for 4/3/2 seconds are blinded for as long as they remain in the storm, and for 2 seconds after leaving. Rain of Embers drains mana constantly while active, and deactivates when Kara runs out of mana.
- Cost: 40/50/60 mana per second
- Cooldown: 6 seconds
- Range: 675
- Radius: 350/400/450

Lore

In the harsh world of the Shurima Desert, fire, heat, and light are a constant presence and a constant threat. To some, it is death, but to others it is the life-force of the divine, and it is humanity's fault for being unable to withstand it. Out of this reverence for the sun, sands, and fire, a tribe formed who would dance at the hottest hour of the day, channeling the glorious power of the sun in their ecstatic dances.

Kara is one such dancer. When the oracles foresaw a world without a sun, some panicked, but Kara decided the best thing to do would be to investigate the lands to the north, and to figure out whether it was a metaphorical omen symbolizing a fall of the tribe, or whether the sun itself will be consumed by the evils of the world.

Quotes
- On Pick: Embrace the light of the sun.
- On Move: To the horizon.
- On Move: A mirage?
- On Move: A weathered foot is the sign of a true scholar.
- On Attack: Ablaze.
- On Attack: Scoured away.
- On Attack: Consumed by the heavens!
- Taunt: Is the glare getting in your eyes?
- Joke: Ugh, need some shades...

Hidden Passive
- Deals 1 extra damage when igniting a Sunlight debuff from an allied Leona.

(Art isn't mine. I take no credit for art.)

Gurgifriends

01-04-2013

I like it! Very interesting.

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgifriends View Post
I like it! Very interesting.
Yep. I feel the game is at want for a spellcaster who's focused on sustained damage output rather than potent burst. Someone with not just one spammable abilities, but a spammable kit.

Hence, Kara. Low cooldowns across the board, a passive focused around casting as many spells as possible, but overall low damage.

Elf Elix

01-04-2013

Hm, the stacks seems kinda unfair (possibly lower stacks?) then again it doesn't look like a huge changer unless the whole enemy team decides to stand in the middle of her ult xP

Could she possibly get some cc? I usually play a lot of mages as support, and this one sounds very aggressive (like morgana or lux).

Other than that it seems good (well I did have the complaint of her having 3passives, but I'm not sure what to say about them...)

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pker5256 View Post
Hm, the stacks seems kinda unfair (possibly lower stacks?) then again it doesn't look like a huge changer unless the whole enemy team decides to stand in the middle of her ult xP

Could she possibly get some cc? I usually play a lot of mages as support, and this one sounds very aggressive (like morgana or lux).

Other than that it seems good (well I did have the complaint of her having 3passives, but I'm not sure what to say about them...)
Given her low cooldowns, I'd rather not give her too much cc. It'd be too hard to balance.

Anachronity

01-04-2013

Ignis Cross sounds like it would be very easy to hit with. The passive also looks relatively weak, if you're going to build up 10 stacks, it should have a larger payoff than 60 AP.

Good design, the champion is interesting without being very complicated.

The5lacker

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
Ignis Cross sounds like it would be very easy to hit with. The passive also looks relatively weak, if you're going to build up 10 stacks, it should have a larger payoff than 60 AP.

Good design, the champion is interesting without being very complicated.
What other champion has a passive ability that gives them 60 AP? That's a better passive effect than the Rageblade.

Cross is a skillshot. It'll be easier to hit with than Diana's Q, but no more easy than a normal skillshot.

Starstorm

01-04-2013

Can you better explain Ignis cross, I don't quite follow.

Anyway, This sounds like a cross between Katarina and Anivia to me...and I like it a lot! Very creative! Nice artwork too!

The5lacker

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstorm View Post
Can you better explain Ignis cross, I don't quite follow.

Anyway, This sounds like a cross between Katarina and Anivia to me...and I like it a lot! Very creative! Nice artwork too!
Katarina? I'm not seeing it, other than the AoE centered around herself. I see her more as a combination of Anivia and Diana.

Anachronity

01-05-2013

Quote:
What other champion has a passive ability that gives them 60 AP? That's a better passive effect than the Rageblade.
"Karma gains up to 30/50/70/90/110/130 ability power corresponding to her percentage of missing health"

Not to mention that the ability requires 10 stacks. Most team fights will be over by the time you get those, unless you're spending the mana required to maintain them for a prolonged period of time.

Also something I noticed: Kara's ultimate could last forever without too much effort. It needs a way to turn off.

12345 ... 7