Which Champions Will NOT Survive the Item Rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
People that say Elise does bad in team fights die fast trying to use her like a bruiser... I always devour the out of place champs and melt champs that are already at half hp and are trying to run. Think like a spider not like a lion.
That's a good point.

Arcticfury

11-16-2012

I really see the need for support champs going up in the new meta. Too many of the new items are for buffing allies, gaining gold, warding, and staying alive, all geared toward supports. I'm really liking this, and hopefully gaining gold for supports will not be so teribad.

Vuther

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Cause QSS + BF sword would be a terrible item on them, especially since it gives 100% ms for them a second after use.
I still have the ***** I got from seeing that item.

SwagMachineXL

11-16-2012

I saw this topic, and I know of one Brazilian Melee AP champ who's going to be JUST FINE. The rest of them didn't get much, but this guy got one of the most broken items in the game, that just so happens to have stupid synergy with his core build.

BBFSmokedCayenne

11-16-2012

I hear urgot will not receive anything positive either

SlygerMagreiva

11-16-2012

I'm not seeing any Q stacking with Nasus and Tiamat. Unless there's a trick to making that work, Tiamat is the worst item you could build on Nasus, being that it eats up all his potential Q farm.

Scontro

11-16-2012

Ehh... no.

I'm gonna leave any assumptions and wait for the patch.

RadiantPyrophore

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
They found that AD spellvamp is actually like, a thousand times better for Udyr than Talon and the like, so the concept will certainly not happen in their quest for alleviating the AD casters.
True, :S.

Udyr and Shyvana would be gods with AD spell vamp, not to mention Riven.

Ansaa

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnblade View Post
I haven't lost my lane as Elise either.

Then the teamfights come, and suddenly you're not able to whittle people down. Suddenly you're expected to contribute CC and damage, but if you want to damage something, you have to go Spider and jump in the middle of people.

Attack speed is really bad on her, by the way. She has one of the lowest base attack speeds in the game, and that's what +attack speed items are based on. You're better off getting a last whisper so you have 40% armor pen on the damage you and, more importantly, your 5 spiders do with your attacks (That is very significant when you do ~400 combined physical damage vs a target.)

However, I digress. She'll be hurt because she is already sorely lacking in AoE damage and in team utility. She also has a kit that doesn't allow her to do both at the same time effectively. It doesn't help that, despite having 6 targeted abilities, only 3 proc Rylai's (and one is the braindead spider.) Single-target damage dealers (mage and AD alike) are seeing significant buffs from these items. Elise, however, is not. The only item she'll be able to take advantage of is Banner of Command, and I don't know the number on its minion boost.

Elise is great in lane. She is terrible in teamfights. Every game I've won with her was because I was able to end it early. If it progressed, even if I was fed, my contribution would be ever more limiting. I find she's comparable to tank Nidalee in that regard.
I agree with you, whittle enemies down in lane and then use your combo. My strategy in team fights is to go after who ever is weakest, and get out fast.

But Volatile Spiderling is NOT braindead! I love watching them run away from the spider (Who eventually outruns them) and then see them take the damage anyways, despite running!

As long as I can build Haunting Guise, Sorc Boots, Abyssal Scepter, Rylai's, Zhonya's and Void Staff then I'll be unaffected by anything.

Plus, don't get last whisper on her. The bonus damage she deals in Spider form is Magical, not physical.

SleepyDeath

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnblade View Post

#8 - Olaf -- Don't laugh. He doesn't benefit (relatively so) from attack speed/crit. Most of his damage comes from his E and having a large amount of life to run amok with. Now, however, we have additional items to remove CC (thus making his ult less impressive) and life burn from mages. The only item I see benefiting him is the sheen/glacial shroud item.

Did I miss anyone?
if you think most of olaf's damage comes form his e then you are very confused about how to play olaf. give olaf a little attack damage and most of his damage comes from a combination of q and w.

i think it was nice of you to try and help others, but your lack of knowledge is fkin amazing