Poppy is so....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MickoXD

11-16-2012

Is Poppy op?

Seriously, hardly anyone plays poppy, but I was quite surprised when someone picked poppy to top against Shen. I was Cait, against a Draven and managed to shut him down early game. I was 11/2 mid game and most of our team had positive scores. We were discussing and co operating well.

Until Poppy built a Trinity Force.

Poppy.... well was so tanky with so much power, she could basically ult into our team fight and kill one of us. She could then proceed to kill us one vs one. Even with an IE, Bt and phantom dancer, I didnt do much damage. We eventually lost despite our team having 35 kills to 24.

So tell me... how to counter this poppy?

Bullettime7

11-16-2012

Destroy her in lane. Any true damage, magic damage, or magic based poke destroys her.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Abuse her piss poor **** early game. Poppy's early game > utter ****, Poppy''s end game, "excuse me while I 1 vs 5 your team by ulting your support."

FreakinEpic808

11-16-2012

rumble and darius completely dominate her with dot and so do people with ranged harrass. Once she hits endgame theres really nothing you can do.

Halegorn

11-16-2012

Jax hard counters her late game. He can chase her stun her, and with his dodge and attack speed, it becomes near impossible for her to kill him. This is also an ad tanky poppy, not bursty ap poppy. Poppy can dive anybody and deciding who to put an ultimate on is crucial. Once her ultimate is up or down, cc ruins her.

Myrmidont

11-16-2012

In all honesty if someone finds out how to wreck with her they (riot) will destroy her.

She's op in every way to sunday and the only reason we're not all whinning is either someone hasn't found the way, or that they have but aren't popular enough.

She's got a ton of broken mechanics her passive, and her R are OMAZING and her mobility is nothing to shake a stick at.

Once they find the magic bullet for her early game...you know it.

Bigpuddintatters

11-16-2012

She can't easily farm, she can't easily harass in lane, she has no real strong escapes besides a small ms buff, half her damaging spells is optimized around having nearby terrain. Any pusher, lane bully, jungle gank can easily shut her down.

Heck I outlaned a Poppy as Nasus.........F**KN NASUS

Sky Mence

11-16-2012

Make her go 0/7 in lane or hard deny her farm. Late... I suggest picking a support, tank, and mage with decent CC, so your team could actually survive her ult duration and instakill her the moment its down.

Nea De Penserhir

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Destroy her in lane. Any true damage, magic damage, or magic based poke destroys her.
That's 1/3 true. Poppy reduces everything but true damage with her passive.

True damage, ~DoT based damage~, and Sustain beat Poppy. On-hit builds are remarkably effective as they nearly bypass her passive.

Best Zod NA

11-16-2012

Counterpicking is the only way to beat her.