I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Affinity2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - that's where we want to look most closely. While we know the raw numbers and have had testing, the circumstances that millions of games show can help us see if our methods are successful or not. We expect less early ganks from the jungle now, because the early game impact of them was so high and we wanted to lower it - players' expectations will need to align with what's optimal again. This applies to all the preseason changes really.

To answer your question, I think we are OK with more control-type junglers, but the scale of how harshly they control is the adjustment point for us to watch. Stealing the big monster is harder now, but even more important - meaning strong counterjungling has the potential to be devastating.
I'm sure someone has brought up the idea already... but why not put a passive on smite? Something like 20 to 50 percent gold increase from neutral monsters then, adjust the gold values on the neutrals until the gold for the jungle is the sufficient amount and there is now a small trade off for having lanes farm the jungle. It seems like an effective way to adjust the numbers easily and opens up more thought to the game. If I'm the carry should I take this camp or leave it to my jungler to farm. Will he get there before it respawns, or will i be making him lose out on more gold than I gain?

I can see some abusive scenarios such as double jungle become more potent and a larger sacrifice for oppsing laners to invade the jungle. But it seems slightly more effective than just adjust the ambient and jungle gold. The jungle gold change most should most exponentially favor farmers according to your goals. I believe this is an effective way to do so while opening more options for counter play.

NicknameMy

11-20-2012

Just my opinion: I think the jungle gold income should be different. It should give more gold early but for that less gold late(still more as at the start, but the grow rate should be decreased). This allows farm junglers to farm their gold while this also hurts gank junglers for not jungling. This also increases the power of counter junglers.

The jungle in the actual shape only benefits gank junglers, the junglers which you wanted to nerf. Gank junglers don't jungle that much so they don't get much hurt by monsters and more ambient gold increases their overall gold.

Retro Ambition

11-20-2012

Stonewall! <3

ViashinoWizard

11-20-2012

Some jungle updates from the latest PBE patch:

> The three upgrades to Spirit Stone now increase damage to monsters by 25% instead of 20%.
> Spirit of the Spectral Wraith gained 10 more AP, lost 5 MP5 and 5% CDR, replaced Fiendish Codex with Hextech Revolver in its recipe and had the combine cost reduced by 200.
> Some of the tanky junglers (Hecarim, Naut, Rammus and Sej) have been buffed:
>> Hecarim got 3 extra base AD
>> Titan's Wrath's base shield has been increased by 20 at all ranks
>> Rammus got 4 extra base armor and 2 extra base HP regen
>> Sejuani got 3 more base armor and the duration of Northern Winds has been increased by 1 second.

Matzospheres

11-20-2012

Riot supports solo que 5 man early invades with surrender at 5 minutes.

Skrapt

11-20-2012

That's actually a huge buff to Sejuani. WIth max CDR it has 100% uptime and gained 20% additional damage. Should help her early clear a bit, but actually makes her scaling late game beast.

Plageous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity2 View Post
I'm sure someone has brought up the idea already... but why not put a passive on smite? Something like 20 to 50 percent gold increase from neutral monsters then, adjust the gold values on the neutrals until the gold for the jungle is the sufficient amount and there is now a small trade off for having lanes farm the jungle. It seems like an effective way to adjust the numbers easily and opens up more thought to the game. If I'm the carry should I take this camp or leave it to my jungler to farm. Will he get there before it respawns, or will i be making him lose out on more gold than I gain?

I can see some abusive scenarios such as double jungle become more potent and a larger sacrifice for oppsing laners to invade the jungle. But it seems slightly more effective than just adjust the ambient and jungle gold. The jungle gold change most should most exponentially favor farmers according to your goals. I believe this is an effective way to do so while opening more options for counter play.
another problem with this is that it will punish any smiteless junglers. not that many people go that rout but any could do it would have an even harder time because of that.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plageous View Post
another problem with this is that it will punish any smiteless junglers. not that many people go that rout but any could do it would have an even harder time because of that.
Smiteless junglers deserve a slow agonizing death.

ViashinoWizard

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plageous View Post
Smiteless jungle is not viable in any way, shape or form.

Metabot

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Smiteless jungle is not viable in any way, shape or form.
What about nunu jungle. You're kind of just. Wrong.