I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colere

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post

Edit 6 - Playlist and further discussion here http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...review_jungle/
What about a hero like Kayle? Really seeing benefits from + gold and more item selections.

I've been starting crystal flask + machete taking a few more points in utility.

Pretty successful games so Far but I have noticed competition is missing.

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

bump

Averath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
bump
How far down in utility do you need to go to get the flask?

And do you think there would be any impact on gold efficiency in the jungle if the Machete was reduced to 275g and junglers were allowed to get the flask? Or would that be just ridiculously OP for junglers?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
Why can't we have *higher* lane rewards like in Dota? (I think it's 50 gold per minion there). This way we don't have to farm for 30 minutes before the real action starts. Also it would allow support to snag some last hits and not completely rely on assists for spiking their income.
Because, unlike Dota, League champion design has high AoE damage, even on ranged carries, as a very common and desireable commodity. The fast majority of the heroes in Dota that have powerful wave-clearing abilities do NOT scale with items. The items themselves also cost a lot more, which offsets the relative value of a last hit somewhat.

MerryLane

11-18-2012

Ok then let's make a counter-proposal to this S3 jungle changes.

1) the jungler and jungle mobs will be untargettable and unmovable untill 15th min or so.
2) at that time, they will be given the gold and lvl of what a support averagely gets at that time. A good estimation would be 3 k gold, aka enough to buy a wriggles and a +2 boots (tabi, others are too expansive)
3) Junglers are unkillable and their spells and autos can't hurt any ennemy, minions included. They can't cross the river nor gank lanes.
4) their role is to give away the jungle to the laners, the two buffs and little camps. Best junglers will be those that give the jungle away with the least effort for his laners.

That would be a serious buff to the S3 jungle, while making Riot happy with what they want to do with junglers, am I wrong?

Apollinarius

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
That last point is part of the problem I feel with the whole set of S3 changes.

It's too much change all at once. So many things are changing simultaneously (items, income, monster strength/xp, masteries, runes) it will be really difficult to tell which levers to tune. If Riven suddenly starts getting stomped in lane, will it be because she can't create an early advantage, because itemization doesn't suit her anymore, or because there are 4 farmed champions on the other team now instead of 3 (not to mention increased gold on supports, who won't be feeling the pinch from reduced minion gold). How will you tune at that point?

I have a feeling that after the S3 patch comes out, I won't be playing any ranked for at least a month, perhaps much longer, until the gross imbalances get fixed and an appropriate non-trolling meta emerges. I'm not even going to finish my placement matches because I don't want to be above the 1400 elo threshold for elo decay.

msgerbs

11-18-2012

Is Shaco now worthless since he can't stack enough boxes to kill a buff without smite, and can't use boxes to tank camps while he hits them?

Trevallion

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We expect less early ganks from the jungle now, because the early game impact of them was so high and we wanted to lower it - players' expectations will need to align with what's optimal again. This applies to all the preseason changes really.
I really feel like the combination of:

1) Increased passive gold gain
2) Increased jungle mob difficulty
3) The same amount of gold from farming jungle creeps in the first ~10 minutes
4) Better supporty things in the shop

is going to reinforce the support/early gank jungler thing, not reduce it. Given the choice between investing in items that help me kill jungle creeps so I can spend my gold on more items that help me kill jungle creeps, or starting boots and pots, getting some help on my first buff, then camping a lane til we get a kill, I think people might lean towards the latter. Especially since the rewards pick up later. If I don't get many kills/assists by then, I can just go farm the jungle once it starts giving me gold.

RokudoKou

11-18-2012

Lvl 2 red and full roam eve the "new" meta.

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

bump