I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Nice job stonewall.

Fail on riot again with these gold changes that is nothing but smoke up our asses...

Lucina for SMASH

11-18-2012

Stonewall008, I was wondering if you have tried doing some different routes, like Season 1's old "Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> B -> Full Clear" type of thing. I feel that the new jungle made it slightly so that its harder to invade, which could allow you to a possibly intricate route that allows you to bluepill for that early item and get that better overall farming sustain in the jungle.

MAN1MAL

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.

whyyyyyyyyyy morello whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

with the new items games are just going to come down to team comp and building correctly. increase ambient gold + decrease minion gold = decrease in reward for outplaying your opponent in cs or zoning or just generally winning lane. mid and top already roam and skirmish a lot, supports already roam occasionally when it's safe to do so (gold change won't influence this) and most adcs don't have the cc to roam. pls don't make the 1v1 matchups worthles and have the game be 100% dependent on team comp.

CynicalGiant

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletDeviI View Post

Problem 7 : When you chose to just farm the jungle, you are not influencing the map at all. A laner is always there preventing the enemy team (or at least trying to) from taking the tower.
You can be farming the enemy jungle, denying them of farm.

yurklol

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuruya View Post
Stonewall008, I was wondering if you have tried doing some different routes, like Season 1's old "Wolves -> Wraiths -> Golems -> B -> Full Clear" type of thing. I feel that the new jungle made it slightly so that its harder to invade...
What the ____ did i just read? That's giving blue away to an invade even if it's just an invading nunu checking your blue. The reason we take a buff right away is to protect it from counter jungle. I sincerly hope I meet somebody who does this.

Letkhar

11-18-2012

You guys realize that shortly after 11 minutes the jungle isn't even farmed by the Jungler anymore, right?

GoneWithTheWind

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Not going as severe as rage quitting myself but this does suck for those of us who almost exclusively play jungle and really got our hopes up for the new jungle given what they told us.

We got told jungle difficulty was increasing but the rewards were increasing so that farm heavy junglers could stay competitive. What we actually got was lane gold getting nerfed so jungle gold income didn't feel so crappy, staying at the same income as S2 but with stronger creeps. This means that the whole thing about "carry junglers" being more an option and being able to farm up the items they need won't be reality.

We got told one of the main reasons for the new jungle and the gold/camp changes was to encourage people to play farm and control junglers instead of camping bushes for kill gold. What we actually got was a state where gank junglers are stronger picks than ever before as farm junglers can't actually reap the benefits of the new jungle until after 11 minutes, a point in which you might not have jungle access for much longer and a point when your carries start taking your jungle for supplemental income. That last bit is now encouraged even more with the camps giving more gold at the point when carries start farming them.

There's almost no reason to not take a gank jungler in the new jungle as the farm heavy junglers don't see the changes intended for them until the point where it's too late and they lose their jungle creeps. A point where carries take the jungle and map/objective control becomes more important then farming,
That is how I see it.
As a jungler main, I see being forced to gank far more often now to keep up.

Krampus Claus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
I appreciate that you are receptive to changing the numbers around, and I would like to respectfully ask that you increase the gold available for farming the jungle early on. I'm really excited about the new itemization you've put in place for junglers, but I want to feel like I've been rewarded for choosing to invest in them and farm instead of assisting my laners.

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUU4zCn9NOY more videos

Stonewall008

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurklol View Post
What the ____ did i just read? That's giving blue away to an invade even if it's just an invading nunu checking your blue. The reason we take a buff right away is to protect it from counter jungle. I sincerly hope I meet somebody who does this.
Lol you weren't here during season 1 were you? This was actually a very powerful path that was taken to STOP Nunu invasion.